Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 07:31 PM

21 posts, read 15,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
It's been like this for decades. The fact that blacks are over represented means blacks aren't getting away with anything, with overlap onto to innocent blacks. There are lots of other factors that you don't want to get into, trust me. But yeah, get white crime rates down to zero across the board then you can lecture others.
I forgot about those insane crime rates in the second poorest state in the nation... West Virginia. Also one of the whitest states in the nation. Oh, what's that? Mississippi, which is the poorest state but is about 40% black is extremely violent and WV is not? The only people dying in WV are from self inflicted drug overdoses.

Beattyville, KY is the poorest community in the US and is (15K annual income) and has a violent crime rate that's only 75% that of the richest black community in the country, which is Windsor Hills CA (159K annual income). The property crimes for Beattyville is also 50% that of Windsor Hills.

Keep redirecting blame... it's worked out so well.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:45 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegumbellamy View Post
I forgot about those insane crime rates in the second poorest state in the nation... West Virginia. Also one of the whitest states in the nation. Oh, what's that? Mississippi, which is the poorest state but is about 40% black is extremely violent and WV is not? The only people dying in WV are from self inflicted drug overdoses.

Beattyville, KY is the poorest community in the US and is (15K annual income) and has a violent crime rate that's only 75% that of the richest black community in the country, which is Windsor Hills CA (159K annual income). The property crimes for Beattyville is also 50% that of Windsor Hills.

Keep redirecting blame... it's worked out so well.
The OP was about violent crime for all americans. I addressed the person that blamed blacks. Also, like I said and will always say, get your violent crimes rates down to zero, then you can lecture others. If its so easy, why don't you instruct all whites to stop committing crime and show us how its done. And again, you know you don't want to get into the context behind blacks and "crime rates" in this country. Just stick to commenting on your people. Even during this opioid crisis and drugs being decriminalized for whites, whites still commit massive amounts of crime. Show us how its done, then you can talk to me. Take responsibility for your people. No more "lone wolf school shooters"...take responsibility, like you ask blacks to do. That's your school shooter now, address the issue and assure us that it won't happen again. Take responsibility for every white guy that kills a cop, since white men lead the way in that stat.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:46 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I wipe my posterior on one-year trends and unsupported claims of causation associated with it.

Ooooh, can we blame the cubs for winning the world series?
Actually it's a multi-year trend, an overall 20% increase in murders. More additional black people have been murdered by other black people in the past 3 years, primarily due to the Ferguson/BLM effect, than were lynched in the entire history of the United States.

The BLM Effect: Homicides up 20% nationally from 2014 to 2016 - The Unz Review

Old 09-25-2017, 07:53 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Actually it's a multi-year trend, an overall 20% increase in murders. More additional black people have been murdered by other black people in the past 3 years, primarily due to the Ferguson/BLM effect, than were lynched in the entire history of the United States.

The BLM Effect: Homicides up 20% nationally from 2014 to 2016 - The Unz Review
The article chalks up all murders to BLM protests. I don't see a clear correlation listed. Also, the article is chalking up all murder committed by whites to BLM as well? You might as well chalk it up to the "Fidget Spinner Effect" or something else random.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The OP was about violent crime for all americans. I addressed the person that blamed blacks. Also, like I said and will always say, get your violent crimes rates down to zero, then you can lecture others. If its so easy, why don't you instruct all whites to stop committing crime and show us how its done. And again, you know you don't want to get into the context behind blacks and "crime rates" in this country. Just stick to commenting on your people. Even during this opioid crisis and drugs being decriminalized for whites, whites still commit massive amounts of crime. Show us how its done, then you can talk to me. Take responsibility for your people. No more "lone wolf school shooters"...take responsibility, like you ask blacks to do. That's your school shooter now, address the issue and assure us that it won't happen again. Take responsibility for every white guy that kills a cop, since white men lead the way in that stat.
Whites have nothing to apologize for when their crime rate doesn't even approach their demographic distribution. When blacks commit 3,4,5 even 6+ times the crime rate of any other race, perhaps the other races aren't to blame?

Old 09-25-2017, 08:25 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Whites have nothing to apologize for when their crime rate doesn't even approach their demographic distribution. When blacks commit 3,4,5 even 6+ times the crime rate of any other race, perhaps the other races aren't to blame?
No one here is blaming White people for Black people committing murder. You still aren't answering the question. What do you expect Black people like me and others, who have nothing to do with the murders, to do about the problem? What do you expect me to do, especially considering criminals of every race don't listen and who live and die by the sword?

Old 09-25-2017, 08:27 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
I absolutely support ending the war on drugs. But do you really think that'll lower the violent crime and murder rates among blacks in this country?
If you think it won't put a dent in the murder/crime problem, what do you propose? I'm waiting.......................

Old 09-25-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one here is blaming White people for Black people committing murder. You still aren't answering the question. What do you expect Black people like me and others, who have nothing to do with the murders, to do about the problem? What do you expect me to do, especially considering criminals of every race don't listen and who live and die by the sword?
You as an individual? Well, I suppose there's not a whole lot you can do if you already acknowledge the problem with your people and try and dissuade it, both through words and actions. However, if you're the type to blame all of your people's deficiencies on external factors, maybe you should take a step back and reevaluate your position.

Instead of having the media prop up and display a false ideal of black wealth, success and society, why not work to create those conditions for yourselves? If I saw my fellow "brothas" acting like morons while raping and murdering at insane rates, I'd probably feel compelled to say something. You know what I see my fellow "brothas" doing that breaks my heart? Abusing opiates and killing themselves. I do my best o prevent that by volunteering at homeless shelters, my church and donating to addiction related causes.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Very funny.

Again, what would anyone expect me to do? I'm only one person and I live in the suburbs(exurbs if you get more accurate). How am I suppose to bring those numbers down when criminals don't listen to anyone?
Relax. Obviously kidding.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:57 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Quote:
Listen, no Black person in this country would deny these numbers. The truth is, as a Black man, I can't do anything about criminals of any color, period. Why don't I take responsibility for those numbers? Because I didn't contribute to them, that is why. I take responsibility for me. I am responsible for MY actions. I'm not responsible for some hood rat who wants to be a criminals. Last I checked, Black criminals get the book thrown at them even more on the occasion that they commit crimes.

All I can do is report crime when it happens, via calling the police. What more do you want from me?
Support police, call out the BLM groups when they want to vilify cops, stop and frisk in high crime areas, profiling in high crime areas.
If someine that fits the profile of the majority of criminals in an area is doing something that also fits the profile of drug deals for instance, or gang banging, it should be expected that they will have cops stop and check out what's going on. And yet people get upset at profiling. NYC reduced it's out of control crime rate using profiling, stop and frisk and broken windows policing. Run for local political office positions, and use your success as a role model for other minorities to aspire to.
For everyone, Vote for candidates in your state who will put more police on the street and who emphasize education. Encourage youngsters to stay in school and use birth control. Explain that one of the biggest contributors for poverty is dingle parent households. Don't support Rap culture that glorifies drug use, gun use, violence if someone "disrespects you", or considers turning someone in snitching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies