Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:02 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Those numbers are numbers. Numbers don't offend me. And those Black perps are murdering other Blacks. If anyone the most to worry about, it's Black men. Not only do Black men have a high risk of being murdered, there is another concern. We already have posters bringing these statistics up as a means to justify having disdain for Blacks, especially for Black men. Because I don't live near a highly violent area, my chances of getting murdered drop. However, I still have to deal with people who would look down on me because of the stupidity of some hood rat who would never behave no matter what.
This is where you are wrong, at least where I'm coming from. I don't have a distain for black people. I've already said what I have a disdain for, people and groups making huge issues out of ones that are perception, instead of attacking the real issues.

You so calmly and carefree state that it's just black perps murdering other blacks, as if it's okay. This stuff effects all of us regardless of where we live. Do we really want to just perpetuate generation after generation of this ?

And yes, us white people have issues as well. The "every kid is a winner, I'm your friend not a parent" type of parenting has got us kids that snap and like shooting up schools and such. We have mental health issues that we just through drugs at. But the percentage of these incidents pale in comparison to what we are seeing in the inner cities. You don't think changes would happen if multiple schools got shot up on a daily basis ?

Old 09-26-2017, 10:05 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
these folks will do anything they can to justify their disdain for Black folk.

They ignore their own crime stats to point ours out. I'm willing to bet most live around other white people so they need to worry about their rapey white teachers and drugged up suburban kids who have access to guns.
Not until black people get their murderous, drugged up gun toting gang members under control.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
America's Uneven Crime Spike

Violence in a few major cities drove the national murder rate higher in 2016, according to new FBI statistics.

MATT FORD 5:57 PM ET

… Chicago ended 2016 with 762 murders, a whopping 58 percent jump over 2015’s total. Baltimore experienced its second-deadliest year on record with 358 murders, surpassing the previous record set in 2015.

That disparity could be felt in the national stats. John Pfaff, a Fordham University law professor who studies crime statistics, noted on Twitter that 22 percent of the nationwide increase in murders came from Chicago alone. But inside Chicago itself, 50 percent of the homicide rise came from just five neighborhoods, which account for only 9 percent of the city’s overall population. Those neighborhoods, in effect, account for 10 percent of the national increase in murders.

What’s driving the increases in violence in the affected cities isn’t clear. Researchers in Chicago have struggled to find any direct causal factors behind the jump in gun violence there. Shootings and murders noticeably rose around the time that the Chicago Police Department released a video of officers killing 17-year-old Laquan McDonald in November 2015, but it’s uncertain if a subsequent drop in police street searches played a role.

"Researchers" in Chicago are complete idiots. The sun comes up every morning, but who's to say what caused that...perhaps it's all just a big coincidence.
Most of the Chicago murders occur in 5/25 Police Districts which are infested with street gangs. The population in the 5 districts is black. They are not the only black majority districts but they do have the highest concentration of gangs.

Unlike in the past, LE no longer is able to broker some semblance of peace between gangs. The leaders are either dead or in prison. The gangs have splintered. No one is in charge.

Last year a street memorial service for a young man who had been killed erupted into another mass shooting incident. The local alderman from this community made the news when he declared " no innocents had died".
The subject of the memorial was a gang member. The gang and his family chose a street memorial with their colors and signs. They used social media to dare rival gangs to show. And they did, bursting from ally's with guns blazing.

How the hello is a municipality supposed to deal with this sort of crazy?

You associate with hood rats, you die a hood rat death.

Unfortunately, innocent people are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Then there was the murder of Dwayn Wayne's cousin pushing her new born in a stroller. She had just moved with her kids to the most dangerous block in the city. Why???

An Uber driver had dropped off some women at an apartment and was waiting for the return trip. Two brothers, convicted felons, one just released, " made eyes" with the driver and chased him while shooting.
Mom with the stroller was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Given the area, the brothers were caught on camera chasing the driver. When asked why they chased the driver with the intent to kill, both independently responded, " I don't know". Believe them.

The state, not the city, controls minimum sentencing and parole.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:06 AM

526 posts, read 386,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Lets have stricter policing of racism to reduce racism.

You'd be on your face in cuffs faster than you could say "It's almost as if someone from Chicago ran the country from 2008-2016".

Old 09-26-2017, 10:07 AM

21 posts, read 15,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
those are some alarming increases.

I swear, these Black folks are going to bring us down.

You don't think it's odd that 13% of the population accounts for 54% of all murders?

Old 09-26-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
just because people are accused of being racist......does not mean that they are not. I lot of you fear that your racism will be exposed. I mean....there is such a thing as racist reasoning. That should be agreed upon. Any reasoning that infers or implies that conditions of inequality are rooted in genetics, is racist reasoning...and the person reasoning it, if that person truly believes in what they are saying, should accept being called a racist.

The problem is that many people want to make racist conclusions without the burden of being called or labeled a racist.
Personally , you can label me whatever you want. I will admit, my problem is I see everything without emotion or empathy. I'm a design engineer by trade...so everything is analytical to me.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Not until black people get their murderous, drugged up gun toting gang members under control.
Generally speaking, black gangs control retail sales of heroin in major urban areas.

Generally speaking, gang members are not addicted to heroin.

Their customers however, tend to be consumers. And they increasingly tend to be white.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Generally speaking, black gangs control retail sales of heroin in major urban areas.

Their customers however, tend to be consumers. And they increasingly tend to be white.

Stop with the gangs. Sure in some cities it might be an issue but many of the shootings here in Detroit have nothing to do with gangs. Last night two got shot over a video game, earlier in the year it was over a bag of potato chips, another was a kid picked up a dollar bill that was dropped, he paid for that with his life. Another was over a Facebook "beef" , I think a little girl got caught in the cross fire. Then all the retaliation shootings over the first ones. Others were over domestic things... why is killing someone considered a rational decision in a disagreement ?

It is a culture thing, we see it in "white trash" types as well, just not at the large percentages of blacks.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:17 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
We have prisons and the death penalty for that. Somehow, for anyone who goes to prison or gets the death penalty, more gang members are born and raised every day. Many Black people decide to cut their losses and leave the ghetto. You can't fix hood rat. You have to want to learn better and then do better.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:21 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

I also notice this. Most of the drug consumers who commit murder aren't killing other gang members. They're going after family members. Most Black gang members are killing other Black gang members over drug turf and profits. The love of money is the root of all evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies