Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
here's the problem...many of you do this thing where blacks are a group, but whites are all individuals. As soon as i tell you to take responsibility for your people..."oh oh oh no, i'm an individual"...but yall wanna call out all blacks for the crime of a few. It's hard to even take "crime rates" serious when you see videos of cops planting drugs and weapon on black men, or when you see blacks released via the Innocence Project. And when you factor in many whites aren't even arrested or convicted for the crimes they commit. (go look at the #crimingwhilewhite on twitter).

Again, get your white crime rates down to zero, then you can lecture people. Show us how its done since it's so easy.
No shortage of posters here and at large who use a broad brush to paint all blacks, all whites, all browns, all immigrants, all refugees, all illegal immigrants, all Hispanics, all Muslims, all Democrats, all Conservatives, all LE and so on, alike.

It says more about then than their target.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:06 AM

1,074 posts, read 949,143 times
Liberals need to take responsibility for crime, they glorify black crime as an excuse. White people are to blame for black crime.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:08 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No shortage of posters here and at large who use a broad brush to paint all blacks, all whites, all browns, all immigrants, all refugees, all illegal immigrants, all Hispanics, all Muslims, all Democrats, all Conservatives, all LE and so on, alike.

It says more about then than their target.

No, I'm sure we get it. Crime comes in all shapes, colors and sizes. But when one miniscule part of society is responsible for the majority of crimes over and over, that can't be swept under the rug. When the entire country as a whole had been reducing overall crime the last 30 years, except for certain hot spots across the nation, that should be the wake up call. Unfortunately is isn't, because neither side is adult enough to discuss it without being insulted or accused.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:13 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
No, I'm sure we get it. Crime comes in all shapes, colors and sizes. But when one miniscule part of society is responsible for the majority of crimes over and over, that can't be swept under the rug. When the entire country as a whole had been reducing overall crime the last 30 years, except for certain hot spots across the nation, that should be the wake up call. Unfortunately is isn't, because neither side is adult enough to discuss it without being insulted or accused.
Get your crime rates down to zero, then you can worry about black crime rates. It's a simple concept.

And how is black crime swept under the rug when blacks don't get with any crime with overlap into innocent blacks? The anomoly is OJ (if you believe he did that) and they made some crap to put him in prison anyway. There are no affluenza cases and slaps on the wrist for blacks in the justice system. What's being swept under the rug?

Old 09-26-2017, 09:24 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times
Th
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm sure many get this. The question is why are we seeing celebrities and sports personalities making a stand over issues that are way down on the list , if even a valid issue ? And it isn't a question to you personally but just an overall question.

Those numbers and the increase is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Why isn't the ACLU, NAACP,BLM, Sharpten, or Jackson all over this ? And the biggest one, the Democratic party ? They are all failing the black community.
I'm sorry but there is no credibility until these issues are addressed. Here is the problem, they can't be because to do so would label whom ever started a "war against violence" a racist and end their career.

I used this analogy in another thread. Think of a car that was just in a major accident. It is effed up and needs major repair before it can be roadworthy again. Instead focusing on that though, the focus is on repairing stone chip in the windshield.

We've got the NFL and SJW's in uproar over that stone chip repair when the vehicle as a whole needs repair. Sure both need to be done, but one is far more important than the others. That is where we are as a nation, I think. And for those that say , hey we need to get the vehicle roadworthy first are labeled haters and racists.
You don't get it do you. If you have had a heart attack and history of heart problem you are not going to just blow off chest pains. If you have been in good health, with a good heart and vital signs, you will blow off slight chest pains to indigestion. You certainly will not react to it in the way that a person with a history of heart ailments will.

Racism, from whites, has been a heart condition for blacks. Police shooting of black men is like a chest pain. We react the way we do because we are scared that, once again, we can be failed by heart problems. Hence.....we want it checked out.

On the other hand, black on black violence is different because killers either get killed too.....or go to jail. In other words, there is street justice or court justice for killers. What else do you do?

Old 09-26-2017, 09:27 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegumbellamy View Post
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-21

Some takeaways for african americans, who account for around 13% of the population, but accounted for the following percentages of all arrests. Previous percentages are from 2015.

Murder arrests went up from 51.1% to 52.6%
Rape arrests went up from 28.2% to 29.1%
Aggravated Assault arrests went up from 32.1% to 33.3%
Robbery arrests went up from 53.5% to 54.5%
Violent Crime arrests went up from 36.4% to 37.5%

In fact, there wasn't a single category in which african americans were not over-represented. At which point will the black community accept responsibility for these numbers?
those are some alarming increases.

I swear, these Black folks are going to bring us down.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:29 AM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Living in the suburbs is not an excuse.
Look at how many white people, white media, white leaders, white businesses, whites from suburbia, agreesively went to shut down, shame, and boycott the white supremacists. This is a dark side of our white culture -- but we whites are on it.

Blacks have a serious culture problem happening, but where is there any black leadership or protests against it ??! Where are the blacks protesting the killing of white cops? the killing of each other? The thug culture? They blame, blame, blame (slavery, profiling, racism, confederate statues, white privilege, blah blah bla) and whites are too scared of being called racist or beaten up to lead blacks.

You regular black folks need to come out of your suburbs and demand some black leadership that works hard like whites do to make it culturally unacceptable to be thugs, racists, drug dealers, gangbangers, dropouts, single parents, welfare mothers, etc etc.

Okay, and All of us need to stop glorifying and supporting thug culture with the ubiquitous black thug shows like Snowfall, Power, the Wire, Atlanta, etc where producers profit off of glorifying black community dysfunction. I know they are very entertaining shows, and I watch them too, but I've recently started boycotting them cuz I see a real pattern here.
If you don't live in a high crime area, what happens in the ghetto, you can't do much about, other than have the law take its course. And believe me, it is. Black criminals get the book thrown at them alot, especially if said perps are men. And what makes you think Black people aren't speaking out and trying to stop crime issues within Black neighborhoods?
The big lie: African-Americans don't care about black-on-black crime - Chicago Tribune
Black community is concerned with black-on-black crime: Suggesting otherwise is ignoring the facts.

In my case, all I can do is rat out criminals, stay away from criminals. Speaking out against White supremacists hasn't stopped them completely. Said persons just figure out new ways to get their stuff out there. Criminals within Black neighborhoods, well, many don't stop until they age out in prison or die an early death. And many don't care if they live or die. Why else do you think Black people who have a chance to leave the ghetto don't ever return? If you've reached a certain level of success, it becomes even more dangerous to remain there.

And the fact that you say "you regular Black folks" lets me know you have racial animosity of your own. This is one reason(not the only one though) crime issues cannot be discussed properly.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

Don't believe me? Read this. Black Rednecks & White Liberals

^ describes my low- life paternal ansestors quite well. They brought their culture with them as they relocated to Midwestern industrial cities.

My father enaged in the Cicero Riots in an industrial suburban area adjacent to Chicago in 1951 ( before my time) It was the first riot to be televised.

Thousands of white men and woman rioted for days and destroyed an apartment building that housed one intact black family headed by a black man, war veteran, with a college education.

The women stoned windows , firefighters and police. The men used bricks and torches.

Police mostly looked on. Few rioters were arrested and none were indicted. Instead, the NAACP was indicted along with the building's owner who were charged with conspiracy to lower property values.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 09-26-2017 at 09:40 AM..

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegumbellamy View Post
Whites have nothing to apologize for when their crime rate doesn't even approach their demographic distribution. When blacks commit 3,4,5 even 6+ times the crime rate of any other race, perhaps the other races aren't to blame?
haha.. yeah, whites have nothing to apologize for, their crimes aren't real crimes until they reach a magic number that's in your back pocket.

geez, you are doing back flips with a twist to bash Black folk.

He/She must have left you for one of us.

526 posts, read 386,110 times
America's Uneven Crime Spike

Violence in a few major cities drove the national murder rate higher in 2016, according to new FBI statistics.

MATT FORD 5:57 PM ET

… Chicago ended 2016 with 762 murders, a whopping 58 percent jump over 2015’s total. Baltimore experienced its second-deadliest year on record with 358 murders, surpassing the previous record set in 2015.

That disparity could be felt in the national stats. John Pfaff, a Fordham University law professor who studies crime statistics, noted on Twitter that 22 percent of the nationwide increase in murders came from Chicago alone. But inside Chicago itself, 50 percent of the homicide rise came from just five neighborhoods, which account for only 9 percent of the city’s overall population. Those neighborhoods, in effect, account for 10 percent of the national increase in murders.

What’s driving the increases in violence in the affected cities isn’t clear. Researchers in Chicago have struggled to find any direct causal factors behind the jump in gun violence there. Shootings and murders noticeably rose around the time that the Chicago Police Department released a video of officers killing 17-year-old Laquan McDonald in November 2015, but it’s uncertain if a subsequent drop in police street searches played a role.

"Researchers" in Chicago are complete idiots. The sun comes up every morning, but who's to say what caused that...perhaps it's all just a big coincidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies