Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 09:13 PM

73,085 posts, read 62,717,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegumbellamy View Post
You as an individual? Well, I suppose there's not a whole lot you can do if you already acknowledge the problem with your people and try and dissuade it, both through words and actions. However, if you're the type to blame all of your people's deficiencies on external factors, maybe you should take a step back and reevaluate your position.

Instead of having the media prop up and display a false ideal of black wealth, success and society, why not work to create those conditions for yourselves? If I saw my fellow "brothas" acting like morons while raping and murdering at insane rates, I'd probably feel compelled to say something. You know what I see my fellow "brothas" doing that breaks my heart? Abusing opiates and killing themselves. I do my best o prevent that by volunteering at homeless shelters, my church and donating to addiction related causes.
Most Black people acknowledge there are problems in alot of Black neighborhoods. Alot of people understand "you can't talk sense to people who don't want to listen". A hood rat doesn't listen to anyone, even another Black person. The Black people in the ghetto who are trying, they want out, and some actually get out, never to return. Can you blame those persons? There have been Black people speaking out. It doesn't get much attention. At the end of the day, hood rats will do what hood rats will do. They do not care.

When I see hood rat types acting stupid, I think "great, now some racist can use this as an excuse to justify their hate for Blacks". I'm not "heartbroken". I'm like "glad I don't live near you. We might share the same ethnicity, but that's it. I don't identify with you. You'd probably assault and rob me if you had the chance". And I've been a victim of Black on Black violence. I testified in court against said persons. What I recommend for Black people who have the chance to do so: Get away from hood rats.

And I do not think the media is inflating the wealth and progress that has taking place in the Black population. Truth is, Blacks are doing better now than they were in time periods 1964 and earlier. More Black people are going to college, getting degrees, getting the professional jobs that pay well. There actually has been progress. And alot of Black people who have made progress have basically left the ghettos and not returning. Hood rats are staying, until forces like gentrification or being forbidden to live in a city due to committing a crime, drive them out.

Now, what do you personally think would drive the crime down? And why the obsession over Black people?

Old 09-26-2017, 07:06 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,800,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Listen, no Black person in this country would deny these numbers. The truth is, as a Black man, I can't do anything about criminals of any color, period. Why don't I take responsibility for those numbers? Because I didn't contribute to them, that is why. I take responsibility for me. I am responsible for MY actions. I'm not responsible for some hood rat who wants to be a criminals. Last I checked, Black criminals get the book thrown at them even more on the occasion that they commit crimes.

All I can do is report crime when it happens, via calling the police. What more do you want from me?
That's all anyone can do. But, around here anyway, it just doesn't happen. And I mean never! Guys get shot at 3 PM, no one saw it. There's a wave of this going on in Hudson, NY right now (another aspect of which I'll rant about in a minute). The cops know who these people are. But no one will be a witness. So it goes on. Every week or two, Bang Bang Bang! Even the people shot (or stabbed!) never know who did it. I don't know if it's fear of revenge or being labeled a snitch or just resignation that it'll keep happening no matter what, but hardly ever is anyone arrested.

Now the rant part. The cops, it seems, are under orders not to use the term gang. e.g., in Hudson there are two groups of people, known to each other, who are having a long-running dispute that are responsible for these shootings. Someone has sent the word: don't call them gangs.

This can only be because the spokesmen, communications directors, PR flacks, etc. have decided or been told that gang carries some sinister connotation which will cause people to jump to conclusions about who is involved in these crimes. That these conclusions will be absolutely right is of no consequence: only the blandest, non-descriptive language possible must be used. The appearance of normalcy must be preserved even after one normalcy left a long time ago, replaced by another that must be unacknowledged.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:14 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,721,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The OP was about violent crime for all americans. I addressed the person that blamed blacks. Also, like I said and will always say, get your violent crimes rates down to zero, then you can lecture others. If its so easy, why don't you instruct all whites to stop committing crime and show us how its done. And again, you know you don't want to get into the context behind blacks and "crime rates" in this country. Just stick to commenting on your people. Even during this opioid crisis and drugs being decriminalized for whites, whites still commit massive amounts of crime. Show us how its done, then you can talk to me. Take responsibility for your people. No more "lone wolf school shooters"...take responsibility, like you ask blacks to do. That's your school shooter now, address the issue and assure us that it won't happen again. Take responsibility for every white guy that kills a cop, since white men lead the way in that stat.
That is a hell of a good response

While they are getting their crime in order.....have them also control the rise of births to single white women since the 60's. Where are Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh?.... What are they doing to reduce the number of out of wedlock births for white women? Show us how it is done!

Old 09-26-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Support police, call out the BLM groups when they want to vilify cops, stop and frisk in high crime areas, profiling in high crime areas.
If someine that fits the profile of the majority of criminals in an area is doing something that also fits the profile of drug deals for instance, or gang banging, it should be expected that they will have cops stop and check out what's going on. And yet people get upset at profiling. NYC reduced it's out of control crime rate using profiling, stop and frisk and broken windows policing. Run for local political office positions, and use your success as a role model for other minorities to aspire to.
For everyone, Vote for candidates in your state who will put more police on the street and who emphasize education. Encourage youngsters to stay in school and use birth control. Explain that one of the biggest contributors for poverty is dingle parent households. Don't support Rap culture that glorifies drug use, gun use, violence if someone "disrespects you", or considers turning someone in snitching.
I support police officers who do their job the right way. I will not support stop and frisk. That is a violation of the 4th amendment. Not to mention, it just gives an excuse to racially profile. I will not support that. And violent crime was dropping rapidly in NYC before stop and frisk was implemented. And when it was used, it was found that most of the people subjected to S&F were not found to be breaking any laws. Furthermore, it was mostly Black and Latino men being subjected to this. All S&F turned into was an excuse to racially profile.

I will vote for candidates who have MY personal interests in mind. Do you know why? Only I know what is best for me. I can't count on my neighbor to care about me or to know what my interests are. I have to look out for that. I will vote for who I see fit.

People have been encouraging kids to use birth control, practice abstinence, stay in school, etc. I grew up in a exurban, predominantly White area there were alot of kids dropping out of school having babies at 16, using meth. And I ran into a few White kids who assaulted me because they felt disrespected by me. Hood rat culture isn't much different from redneck culture when you think about it. Don't believe me? Read this. Black Rednecks & White Liberals

Old 09-26-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
That's all anyone can do. But, around here anyway, it just doesn't happen. And I mean never! Guys get shot at 3 PM, no one saw it. There's a wave of this going on in Hudson, NY right now (another aspect of which I'll rant about in a minute). The cops know who these people are. But no one will be a witness. So it goes on. Every week or two, Bang Bang Bang! Even the people shot (or stabbed!) never know who did it. I don't know if it's fear of revenge or being labeled a snitch or just resignation that it'll keep happening no matter what, but hardly ever is anyone arrested.

Now the rant part. The cops, it seems, are under orders not to use the term gang. e.g., in Hudson there are two groups of people, known to each other, who are having a long-running dispute that are responsible for these shootings. Someone has sent the word: don't call them gangs.

This can only be because the spokesmen, communications directors, PR flacks, etc. have decided or been told that gang carries some sinister connotation which will cause people to jump to conclusions about who is involved in these crimes. That these conclusions will be absolutely right is of no consequence: only the blandest, non-descriptive language possible must be used. The appearance of normalcy must be preserved even after one normalcy left a long time ago, replaced by another that must be unacknowledged.
Well, I remember when I testified against some criminals who robbed me one night. I was told that testifying wouldn't be the brightest idea. Their idea was "if you send them to prison, they might get one of their friends to kill you". Granted, I didn't live in the ghetto. This happened in one of the otherwise safer suburbs of metro Atlanta. The code is "snitches get stitches and end up in ditches". Basically, if you say anything, it could cost you your life. Someone might kill you in revenge. That is what I was warned about. I suspect where you live, it is a fear of revenge. I also feel that part of it is the resignation that this stuff will keep happening no matter what. In my opinion, it will keep happening no matter what. Individuals who don't expect to live past 30 don't mind killing someone else. People with an attitude of vengeance. Personally, I stay out of areas with high murder rates. I make sure not to put myself in situations where I could become a murder victim.

Honestly, I don't know how the police work in Hudson, NY. I only know how they work in NYC. I've never heard of that anywhere else, except maybe Salt Lake City. After looking up Hudson,NY, I can see why. A small city near Albany. No one wants the word to get out that there are gangs. Same thing with Salt Lake City. The authorities knew gangs from California were causing a rise in violence in Salt Lake City. SLC, being known for being a conservative and pristine Mormon city, the authorities didn't want to scare the rest of the population.

I live in Georgia, suburbs of the Atlanta area. Georgia has always been tough on crime. We have the death penalty here. Hasn't stopped the violent crime issues that exist here. The main reason Atlanta proper has seen a drop in its murder rate is gentrification. Georgia has the 5th highest incarceration rate in the USA. The top 5 in locking people up, in this order: Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. And this is just accounting for the adults behind bars. Add kids into the mix, and you get the same results. Georgia has the 4 highest raw number of people behind bars too, 91,000 people. New York, with 19.7 million people, has fewer people behind bars than Georgia, with its population of 10.3 million. Georgia has a higher murder rate than New York, and this has been the case for decades, going back to the 1960s. Georgia ranked #1 for murder 7 times between 1960 and 1979. New York hit the #1 rank, once, in 1988. Atlanta was a violent city in the 1950s. http://digitalcommons.auctr.edu/cgi/...=dissertations

Old 09-26-2017, 08:17 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,587,017 times
Quote:
:

Again, what would anyone expect me to do? I'm only one person and I live in the suburbs(exurbs if you get more accurate). How am I suppose to bring those numbers down when criminals don't listen to anyone?
Living in the suburbs is not an excuse.
Look at how many white people, white media, white leaders, white businesses, whites from suburbia, agreesively went to shut down, shame, and boycott the white supremacists. This is a dark side of our white culture -- but we whites are on it.

Blacks have a serious culture problem happening, but where is there any black leadership or protests against it ??! Where are the blacks protesting the killing of white cops? the killing of each other? The thug culture? They blame, blame, blame (slavery, profiling, racism, confederate statues, white privilege, blah blah bla) and whites are too scared of being called racist or beaten up to lead blacks.

You regular black folks need to come out of your suburbs and demand some black leadership that works hard like whites do to make it culturally unacceptable to be thugs, racists, drug dealers, gangbangers, dropouts, single parents, welfare mothers, etc etc.

Okay, and All of us need to stop glorifying and supporting thug culture with the ubiquitous black thug shows like Snowfall, Power, the Wire, Atlanta, etc where producers profit off of glorifying black community dysfunction. I know they are very entertaining shows, and I watch them too, but I've recently started boycotting them cuz I see a real pattern here.

Last edited by mountainrose; 09-26-2017 at 08:25 AM..

Old 09-26-2017, 08:26 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Violent crime last peaked in the mid 80's- early 90's. I have no reccolection that people blamed Reagan or Bush 1.

Guilliani made a fortune on the speaker's circuit telling his story about how he reduced crime in NYC.

What he does not mention is that violent crime substantially declined throughout the US despite no two municipalities used the same strategy and some used no particular strategy.

The " why" continues to be debated by those who study crime.

Notable years for homicide rates:

1974- 9.8

1979- 9.7

1980- 10.2

1981-9.8

1993- 9.5

Despite the uptick, the homicide rate remains at a 50 year low.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 09-26-2017 at 08:40 AM..

Old 09-26-2017, 08:27 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegumbellamy View Post
Whites have nothing to apologize for when their crime rate doesn't even approach their demographic distribution. When blacks commit 3,4,5 even 6+ times the crime rate of any other race, perhaps the other races aren't to blame?
here's the problem...many of you do this thing where blacks are a group, but whites are all individuals. As soon as i tell you to take responsibility for your people..."oh oh oh no, i'm an individual"...but yall wanna call out all blacks for the crime of a few. It's hard to even take "crime rates" serious when you see videos of cops planting drugs and weapon on black men, or when you see blacks released via the Innocence Project. And when you factor in many whites aren't even arrested or convicted for the crimes they commit. (go look at the #crimingwhilewhite on twitter).

Again, get your white crime rates down to zero, then you can lecture people. Show us how its done since it's so easy.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:38 AM

29,564 posts, read 14,708,717 times
Quote:
Listen, no Black person in this country would deny these numbers. The truth is, as a Black man, I can't do anything about criminals of any color, period. Why don't I take responsibility for those numbers? Because I didn't contribute to them, that is why. I take responsibility for me. I am responsible for MY actions. I'm not responsible for some hood rat who wants to be a criminals. Last I checked, Black criminals get the book thrown at them even more on the occasion that they commit crimes.

All I can do is report crime when it happens, via calling the police. What more do you want from me?

I'm sure many get this. The question is why are we seeing celebrities and sports personalities making a stand over issues that are way down on the list , if even a valid issue ? And it isn't a question to you personally but just an overall question.

Those numbers and the increase is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Why isn't the ACLU, NAACP,BLM, Sharpten, or Jackson all over this ? And the biggest one, the Democratic party ? They are all failing the black community.
I'm sorry but there is no credibility until these issues are addressed. Here is the problem, they can't be because to do so would label whom ever started a "war against violence" a racist and end their career.

I used this analogy in another thread. Think of a car that was just in a major accident. It is effed up and needs major repair before it can be roadworthy again. Instead focusing on that though, the focus is on repairing stone chip in the windshield.

We've got the NFL and SJW's in uproar over that stone chip repair when the vehicle as a whole needs repair. Sure both need to be done, but one is far more important than the others. That is where we are as a nation, I think. And for those that say , hey we need to get the vehicle roadworthy first are labeled haters and racists.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:41 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Living in the suburbs is not an excuse.
Look at how many white people, white media, white leaders, white businesses, whites from suburbia, agreesively went to shut down, shame, and boycott the white supremacists. This is a dark side of our white culture -- but we whites are on it.
white people can't even denounce white supremacists without bringing up "both sides". This is why that's what you said is a load of crock. And charlottesville was the one time yall even call your people out halfway. Yall can't even admit when a white cop kills someone unjustly.Now until you can denounce white supremacy and come to a full stop, what you said is a joke. You want brownie points for calling out the most extreme of extreme and yall still couldn't do it without falsely equating it to BLM. Here's a cookie. Yall can't even call out a cop that's shoots a guy in the back on camera, but you wanna talk about blacks having a culture problem. There's your culture problem. You can't even address all the white mass shooters, they're all "lone wolves". Address it. Casting them aside isn't addressing it. Address your crime rates, get them all down to zero since it's so easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies