Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 04:45 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
There was the recent violence in Charlotte, which the mayor and community leaders said was instigated by outsiders. To me this means BLM or hangers-on.

Dallas was going to prosecute a BLM activist for incitement or something in that case where a black guy shot 4 or 5 cops a year ago or so.

Gang bangers probably don't care about BLM. But from what I've seen of them (not much) they're stupid and violent: just the ingredient agitators want when it's time to have a riot. An atmosphere of violence begets violence. It become routinized.

Mostly it's the hesitance which police have to use now. No more rousting people at 2 AM gathered at known drug dealing corners. Stop and frisk is done. These things were effective in keeping crime down. Without them, crime is increasing.

I don't believe random videos in regards to Charlotte and you don't know what they were talking about with outside instigators. They could be a gang from out of state. People who run drugs travel to other states and commit crimes.

The guy who shot the cops in Dallas was not a part of BLM. He was a black nationalists. They don't like BLM because they think BLM are run by white liberals.

I agree gang bangers are stupid and violent and that violence begets violence, but mentioned what I did because you shouldn't believe that BLM or anything political has anything to do with gang violence or crime in inner city neighborhoods. The black people involved in BLM are educated, middle class black kids for the most part and white liberals of the same education level and income class. They are not a gang and they do not incite violence. They just march in streets and tweet each other (which makes me )

In regards to hesitance with police, they should be hesitant in using unecessary force. They also should be very focused on getting rid of the bad seeds. Good cops don't have to be hesitant because they are not overly aggressive and hot headed. Keeping those hot heads on the force makes them lose credibility and respect from the community.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:56 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Crime in California has continued to rise as Gov. Jerry Brown is forced by the Feds to get rid of prison overcrowding. Many crimes have been reclassified from felonies to misdemeanors which means the criminals can keep offending. Car break-ins and burglaries are really high everywhere. As long as a thief steals less than $950 worth of goods, it's not really a crime by the state's definition.

Having millions of illegals doesn't help. I think they should be deported to serve their time in Mexico instead of making US taxpayers house them in overcrowded prisons.
Not everywhere in CA. Just in the places where cops gave up either because they''re super-PC, they deliberately want 47/57 to fail, or both.

For instance crime in San Diego went down. But San Diego actually has a good police department and has for many years.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:58 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegumbellamy View Post
In fact, there wasn't a single category in which african americans were not over-represented. At which point will the black community accept responsibility for these numbers?
"they" will accept responsibility as soon as they can do the jedi mind trick and communicate telepathically with millions of other black people who they have never met or talked to. That's real irritating, it's like saying "when will whites do something about neo-nazis" Hell...I don't know a neo-nazi, never met one & never saw one how am I supposed to stop something that I'm not part of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies