Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 09:32 AM

73,145 posts, read 62,828,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
those are some alarming increases.

I swear, these Black folks are going to bring us down.

Those numbers are numbers. Numbers don't offend me. And those Black perps are murdering other Blacks. If anyone the most to worry about, it's Black men. Not only do Black men have a high risk of being murdered, there is another concern. We already have posters bringing these statistics up as a means to justify having disdain for Blacks, especially for Black men. Because I don't live near a highly violent area, my chances of getting murdered drop. However, I still have to deal with people who would look down on me because of the stupidity of some hood rat who would never behave no matter what.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:36 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,526,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Why would you assume it's a trend just on two data points?

And what is the proposed mechanism for this change in crime rate? Why would you assume it will go up?
I didn't assume two-years is a trend. I asked what makes anyone think it won't be a trend, what will stop the increases in urban areas that contributed most significantly to the national increases. I don't see why the next year won't also see an increase.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:36 AM

29,664 posts, read 14,776,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Get your crime rates down to zero, then you can worry about black crime rates. It's a simple concept.

And how is black crime swept under the rug when blacks don't get with any crime with overlap into innocent blacks? The anomoly is OJ (if you believe he did that) and they made some crap to put him in prison anyway. There are no affluenza cases and slaps on the wrist for blacks in the justice system. What's being swept under the rug?

When you have groups like BLM starting riots over the over abundance of injustices that African Americans are receiving at the hands of LEO's which isn't true while the inner cities that are predominantly black are war zones , and the reality is the most dangerous thing for a black person , is another one. And nothing is said or done , no protests (maybe some small local ones by residents that are just getting fed up) , nothing spreading like this stupid knee taking thing ...That is what I meant by being swept under the rug...maybe I should have used "glossed over" instead.

If you normalize the data , white crime rates are pretty damn close to zero. (look at the last chart)

https://infogram.com/us-crime-in-bla...gzxop49q0okmwy

Old 09-26-2017, 09:38 AM

73,145 posts, read 62,828,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
^ describes my low- life paternal ansestors quite well. They brought their culture with them as they relocated to Midwestern industrial cities.

My father enaged in the Cicero Riots in an industrial suburban area adjacent to Chicago in 1951 ( before my time) It was the first riot to be televised.

5000 white men and woman rioted for days and destroyed an apartment building that housed one intact black family headed by a black man with a college education.

The women stoned windows , firefighters and police. The men used bricks and torches.

Police mostly looked on. Few rioters were arrested and none were indicted.
Wow. I have one question. How does your father look at his actions today vis a vis that event?

Just thinking about the Cicero riot makes me rather sick. Seeing the riots of the 1960s throughout America makes me wonder this. How to get hundreds, thousands of people to perpetrate violence. The kind of mob mentality taking place. Alot of anger and hatred.

I suspect those rioters must have been willing to die just to keep a Black family out of the neighborhood. Going after police officers and firemen. All I can say is that was a war.

And what's ironic is this. Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson is playing over the P.A. system as I'm typing this.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:39 AM

15,357 posts, read 12,678,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Those numbers are numbers. Numbers don't offend me. And those Black perps are murdering other Blacks. If anyone the most to worry about, it's Black men. Not only do Black men have a high risk of being murdered, there is another concern. We already have posters bringing these statistics up as a means to justify having disdain for Blacks, especially for Black men. Because I don't live near a highly violent area, my chances of getting murdered drop. However, I still have to deal with people who would look down on me because of the stupidity of some hood rat who would never behave no matter what.
these folks will do anything they can to justify their disdain for Black folk.

They ignore their own crime stats to point ours out. I'm willing to bet most live around other white people so they need to worry about their rapey white teachers and drugged up suburban kids who have access to guns.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Th

You don't get it do you. If you have had a heart attack and history of heart problem you are not going to just blow off chest pains. If you have been in good health, with a good heart and vital signs, you will blow off slight chest pains to indigestion. You certainly will not react to it in the way that a person with a history of heart ailments will.

Racism, from whites, has been a heart condition for blacks. Police shooting of black men is like a chest pain. We react the way we do because we are scared that, once again, we can be failed by heart problems. Hence.....we want it checked out.

On the other hand, black on black violence is different because killers either get killed too.....or go to jail. In other words, there is street justice or court justice for killers. What else do you do?

There are no solutions, not until it can be discussed without one group becoming defensive and accusing the other group of being racist.

My whole thing is we have a society becoming more and more divided over an issue that may or may not be a valid one, while the real one is being glossed over.
Like I said, if BLM , Sharpton, the Athletes, or our Government started calling out the inner city violence and tried to get people to rally together and fight it...you would see many more people standing together and less resistance.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:

They ignore their own crime stats to point ours out. I'm willing to bet most live around other white people so they need to worry about their rapey white teachers and drugged up suburban kids who have access to guns.

Both very valid points, and don't forget the creepy pedophiles.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:49 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,734,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
There are no solutions, not until it can be discussed without one group becoming defensive and accusing the other group of being racist.

My whole thing is we have a society becoming more and more divided over an issue that may or may not be a valid one, while the real one is being glossed over.
Like I said, if BLM , Sharpton, the Athletes, or our Government started calling out the inner city violence and tried to get people to rally together and fight it...you would see many more people standing together and less resistance.
just because people are accused of being racist......does not mean that they are not. I lot of you fear that your racism will be exposed. I mean....there is such a thing as racist reasoning. That should be agreed upon. Any reasoning that infers or implies that conditions of inequality are rooted in genetics, is racist reasoning...and the person reasoning it, if that person truly believes in what they are saying, should accept being called a racist.

The problem is that many people want to make racist conclusions without the burden of being called or labeled a racist.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:50 AM

526 posts, read 387,565 times
Quote:

This is nothing short of Soviet-style 2+2=5 propaganda. Chicago and Baltimore have some of the most unconstitutionally stringent gun control laws in the nation… and shootings committed by whites are almost non-existent, while shootings committed by blacks increase.

I live in a lily-white area in which a significant number of white people are heavily armed. Aside from an occasional DUI or domestic, crime is almost non-existent and violent crime even less so.

Got it, conversations about race are a one way street of ****. So just worry about my own crime rate? Of course, and I do.

I would actually prefer that these people in Chicago were enabled a chance at a better outcome through stricter policing. But this is the choice they’ve made.

Who am I to tell them otherwise?

Old 09-26-2017, 09:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,734,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
This is nothing short of Soviet-style 2+2=5 propaganda. Chicago and Baltimore have some of the most unconstitutionally stringent gun control laws in the nation… and shootings committed by whites are almost non-existent, while shootings committed by blacks increase.

I live in a lily-white area in which a significant number of white people are heavily armed. Aside from an occasional DUI or domestic, crime is almost non-existent and violent crime even less so.

Got it, conversations about race are a one way street of ****. So just worry about my own crime rate? Of course, and I do.

I would actually prefer that these people in Chicago were enabled a chance at a better outcome through stricter policing. But this is the choice they’ve made.

Who am I to tell them otherwise?
Stricter policing....aka....reduction in civil liberties for blacks. How about we do random testing of whites in the work place to weed out those who show levels of implicit bias against blacks. Lets just randomly stop and test whites for racism, because some whites are indeed racist. Lets have stricter policing of racism to reduce racism.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-26-2017 at 10:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies