Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 05:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
how do you plan for no dogs being on a flight?
When you're booking your flight you're supposed to let them know if you're allergic to dogs, cats, comfort pelicans, etc.

Supposedly, they're not supposed to book any dogs on the flight, but I don't know if they really adhere to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 05:50 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
A couple of years ago we flew from Florida to Pennsylvania, and as we were taxiing down the runway to leave, a woman started coughing very badly behind us. The flight attendants went back and talked to her, and the coughing got worse. She was having an allergic reaction to a dog on board.

They turned the plane around and we thought "Oh, sh**, we are going to be late", but they dropped her off and got back in line to take off.

Not sure what this young lady's problem was, but she could have simply departed and asked for a flight with no pets on board. If she is THAT allergic, she should plan for these events.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Leave the beautiful dogs alone. Throw out the crazy lady!

Old 09-27-2017, 06:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times
"Deathly allergic" yet traveled w/o meds. Yeah right lady.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:54 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Society at large cannot be expected to comply with every single obscure condition of every single obscure human on the planet...
That's why all critters should be in the baggage hold. Some dingbat can do without their walking dust mop for a few hours.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:59 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
I learned my lesson over the guy they dragged off earlier in the summer.

It's a contractual issue. If airlines and passengers could property negotiate contracts for services we could avoid all this.

But since it's heavily regulated by daddy government that isn't going to happen. Somewhere along the way one of these two sides broke a binding contract.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:15 PM

20,121 posts, read 9,036,439 times
put the woman in the cargo area and takeoff, problem solved!

Old 09-27-2017, 07:45 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,762,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This hysteric is a college professor. Islamic and Women's studies. That explains everything. I predict she will blame Trump
Yes, says quite a lot about her. She cements her image as a rebel among her friends, gets to complain about and maybe sue SW airlines and the police. The only thing she didn't think of is that the police used a lot of restraint, and to my knowledge she didn't get hurt. Oh, she's also taking on dog lovers, who can be a quite formidable bunch. She will not get universal support on this one.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:57 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Here's their pet policy:

https://www.southwest.com/pets/

As with most airlines who allow pets on the flight in the cabin, the person with the pets has to do a lot before they are allowed to bring their pets onboard. Further, the flights typically only allow 2 animals, total, in the cabin. So even if you have done everything that they required before the flight, if you show up on the day of the flight and there's already 2 animals in the cabin, you're out of luck. In SW case, they allow up to 6, but one carrier per person.

Every airline that allows pets in the cabin has their policy on their sites. It is not an unknown thing that pets are allowed to travel IN the cabin. If you are so allergic to an animal, it is your responsibility to find out if any animals are planned to be boarded on the flight. If there are, it is on you to get the airlines to work with you to find another flight without pets.

And to answer a question about "why are animals onboard": Sometimes people are moving, or going on a very long stay somewhere else and don't want to leave their pets behind. As one who had a cat put on a plane in cargo, (I was moving thousands of miles away), I will tell you that I will NEVER do that to an animal again. My cat was absolutely traumatized and almost died. Frankly, I'll drive my pets to a destination before putting them on a plane again, but if I had no other choice but to take them on a plane, they will never go in to cargo again.

As for grocery shopping, restaurants, etc: Emotional support animals are not allowed in those businesses. An emotional support animal is NOT a service animal. There is a huge difference between the two. Emotional support animals are allowed on planes, because pets are allowed on planes, so it had nothing to do with the pet being an emotional support animal. It was the airlines policy that allows pets to be in the cabin.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:15 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Society at large cannot be expected to comply with every single obscure condition of every single obscure human on the planet...

Except for peanut allergies, which are far less prevalent than pet allergies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies