Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 10:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times

Advertisements

Bannon must have forgotten how he became a multimillionaire. What a hypocrite he is.

He is playing the base like a violin with his dog whistle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 11:00 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
In general, actors are not very educated with regards to many important topics, especially the younger ones.

So what?

If an actor makes a lucid point, especially if they support it...or if they're an engineer, a baseball player or a walmart greeter....I'm going to take their comments on their merits.

The fact that most of america is pretty stupid and can't process garbage from reality....ain't my problem.
In comparison to what?

Not that I know a bunch of actors, but I suspect in general they are more educated than most people of similar age. Don Glover's about my age. I don't think I'm going out on a huge limb in saying he's more educated than most people my age. I wouldn't want to put my education up against his in a broader sense. The few liberal arts classes I've taken were exercises in just how narrow my education is. People's conversations often times made little more sense to me than if they'd wandered into one of my classes and I was trying to explain Fourier transforms to them.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:16 PM

1,229 posts, read 858,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Wow - Bannon took a few minutes away from his 7x24 stories bashing Kushner, McMaster and Chief of Staff Kelly. Wonder how long that will last. Bannon won't be happy until all 3 of them are fired or resign.

Maybe Bannon has decided to turn back to attacking Hollywood Actors (Round 2 of this ) to deflect from Trump's Katrina (aka Hurricane Maria). Trump's crazy twitter rant today really gave him lots of bad press. Maybe Trump asked Bannon to help change the narrative.

I wonder if Bannon meets up with Trump at Trump's golf courses on weekends.

You forgot about Flake. He is going to get the chit knocked out of him.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:19 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think actors are just actors. They are not experts on political matters, medical issues or anything else. Most of them are narcissists. It's also funny to see actresses age and throw tantrums about "age discrimination in Hollywood".
Well, two so far have become Presidents. Both conservatives, both old. One is currently serving.

Apparently, there were enough voters who thought the were politically expert enough to get the job.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:39 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,633,857 times
Bannon is an alcoholic who wears Depends for when he's too drunk to make it to the bathroom in time. I doubt many take his standard for intelligence very seriously.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Steve Bannon said this on the Breitbart Radio show. Listen here or just read the quotes in the article. Evan Rachel Wood had a Twitter fit so clearly she listens to the show. I'd like to hear some of these celebs call in and go toe to toe with Bannon. He'd reduce them to puddles of tears.

I wish I could listen to this show everyday. At some point I might even call in.
I never listen to what professional pretenders say.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Actors are like any other group when it comes to intelligence, you have smart ones and dumb ones.

Actors just have a major platform, and some say stupid things.
I would say this sums it up pretty accurately.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:34 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,928,311 times
Reagan was an actor. I suppose you could argue Trump is too because he was on TV for so long for The Apprentice. The governator as well. Come to think of it, probably more actors who have served the GOP in a public office than Dems. Still stupid?

Old 10-01-2017, 05:36 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The more you play this conservative agenda the more you look foolish. Equating conservatives with trump is like equating honesty with obama. Two opposites. But you keep trying with your twisted agenda in order to deflect from the failure that is progressivism.
I agree that Trump is not conservative in anything like the traditional sense. That does not change the fact that most of the conservatives I know voted for him and continue to support him.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:15 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I agree that Trump is not conservative in anything like the traditional sense. That does not change the fact that most of the conservatives I know voted for him and continue to support him.
Riiiight. I seriously doubt you hit the honey hole whereby conservatives supported a non conservative. When everywhere else a minority of conservatives voted for trump. The anyone but hillary crowd won it for trump and making things up about conservatives doesn't change that.

Why would conservatives support him when the repeal and replace is a mess? And they haven't. Why would conservatives support him when he's not cutting spending? And they haven't.

When his policies are conservative, they'll support those policies. Unlike the progressive left that didn't hold obama accountable the conservatives have voiced their disapproval whenever trump does something not conservative. And that's your confusion. Because the left blindly supported obama to a laughable level like "No boots on the ground" doesn't mean conservatives are partisan hacks too.

Between the conservatives supported trump myth, and the false race card playing, and the horrible progressive policies which cannot be defended, is it any wonder the democrats are flailing in the wind and losing support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies