Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 06:15 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
We will have to wait for "the official report" like good wittle sheep.
For any speculation will be ruled as a conspiracy theory...

One thing I find extremely disheartening is the fact he had enough ammonium nitrate in his car that, had he found diesel fuel... he'd have made the OKC bomber look like a fire cracker. That was on Fox just a little while ago with I'm presuming the mayor or police chief didn't catch it as I was getting dressed. Looked like Rick Flare... orange with big white hair. Was waiting for the woo...

This dude had to have planned it out, the amount of weapons he had and they aren't saying exactly how many of what type...

I lift weights but I'll be honest. There's no way in hell I could carry that many weapons and ammo in at once. No way in hell. I want to see what and how many this guy had. 64 years old carrying at say the initial report of what... 19 weapons in the room?
Ok let's do some basic math. Average weight of an AR is between 6 and 8 pounds.
AK stamped receiver wood stocks... 8-9 pounds. Milled receiver... we'll say 10 pounds.
Nevermind a FAL or M1A

For simplicity sake we will say the average weight of rifles be 7 and a half pounds.
7 pounds x 19 = 133 pounds.
Magazines loaded... suggesting 30 round magazines are used...
2 2 and a half 3 pounds per magazine...
No reports of how many magazines...
Hmm guess we will assume about... 2 and a half pounds
At about... 100 magazines. That's 250 pounds worth of ammo...

250+133=383 pounds worth of weapons and ammo... the most I am able to manage moving is 300 by myself. I can carry a fully assembled 4R70 transmission and a cast iron small block chevy V8 stripped block for about a distance of 100 feet before I need to set it on a bench... I don't believe a 64 year old man unless he was in Hulk Hogan's shape could manage that weight, no way in hell! Nope. Not at all once. It'll be interesting if there is security camera footage of how many trips made to the car...

To sum it up, he either made multiple trips, had help or tin foil hat, someone snuck in ahead of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 06:16 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
so you outlaw silencers, than what?
Next time there is a mass murder, what next to you outlaw?

Then what the next time.....

and you still don't get it...each time there is a murder like this, you want to make stricter gun laws, and each time you slowly chip away at our right, NO....

all your doing is creating a quick fix to make yourself feel better.....

Prohibition....didn't do a darn thing for this country except create a lucrative business for criminals to sell it.

And that is what you will do by continually creating stiffer laws....

Quick fixes that do not work....you are unable to look at the long term effects....just right now, instant gratification....
Considering I've never stated my opinion on the legality of silencers, I don't know why you feel you know what I think.

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Not good enough.
That's what I said. Emoting shows intellectual weakness.

Think rationally, instead.

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
That's nice in theory.

I try to be realistic. I am afraid. I'm afraid for myself, my children and the rest of our country that we have to fear these types of events no matter where we go - concerts, church, school, malls, movie etc.

Will I become a hermit? No. Will I always think about Holmes when I go to a movie? ISIS and now Paddock when I go to a concert? Lanza when I send my kids to school? Roof when I'm sitting in church and my pastor is delivering his sermon?

Yes. Yes I will. If you are able to not think of these things on the regular, I'm happy for you. I, on the other hand, try to learn from what happens to others. All of these shootings DO create collateral damage in the form of messing with your head, becoming more cautious etc. I don't think there is a way to put a stop to it.
You can have a heart attack in your sleep. Going to avoid sleeping?

We roll the dice every day. I'm not changing my life because of events that claim the lives of less than 1/10 of 1% of the population.

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
To sum it up, he either made multiple trips, had help or tin foil hat, someone snuck in ahead of time.
Methinks multiple trips, or simply multiple bags. Got a luggage cart and pulled a "do it yourself" without a bellhop......

Not very difficult...

Old 10-03-2017, 06:17 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
All of them. You're merely knee-jerk emoting, not thinking rationally.

If guns were the problem, the 9/11 hijackers would have gunned down people in the twin towers instead of flying planes into them. If guns were the problem, terrorists wouldn't be renting trucks and driving them into crowds in Europe. If guns were the problem, terrorists wouldn't be attacking crowds with knives. If guns were the problem, terrorists would not be committing acid attacks. If guns were the problem, the sarin gas attack wouldn't have happened in Japan.

What do all those have in common?

Hint: NOT the means of the attack.

Think rationally. Don't succumb to irrational emotions.
here's something you can think over rationally:

Quote:
number of gun homicides in new jersey in 2016 - 361

number of gun homicides in nevada in 2016 - 429

population of new jersey in 2016 - 8.944 million

population of nevada in 2016 - 2.94 million

nj has strict gun laws

Nevada does not

don't forget that NJ also owns those nationally-known infamous cities of Newark and Camden!
boo to the people who say gun laws aren't effective!

Old 10-03-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
I thought his point was quite clear.

We keep hearing how a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun, yet we've never seen this in action IRT mass shootings. People, understandably, run when the shooting starts.

"We need to make sure large crowds aren't in line of fire for nut cases." How do you propose to do that?
I believe in this case SWAT was the good guys with guns. He offed himself when SWAT arrived.

First off you can have a concert without it being under a sniper hide.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's what I said. Emoting shows intellectual weakness.

Think rationally, instead.
Not good enough. I'll cease engaging with you at this point until you can back up your attacks on me.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Are you in favor of the eradication of all laws aimed at decreasing injury and death due to neglect and/or malice?
We have thousands of gun laws on the books. What NEW LAW would have stopped this?

Old 10-03-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You can have a heart attack in your sleep. Going to avoid sleeping?

We roll the dice every day. I'm not changing my life because of events that claim the lives of less than 1/10 of 1% of the population.

Total disconnect here.

The point is that these shootings are not normal and we need to see why they keep happening. Don't just accept it.

No crap I could die in my sleep. That has NOTHING to do with these shootings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies