Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 06:45 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,502,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I heard the guy had 10 suitcases. He was in a 1700 sq. Ft. Suite. He planned it. He has 4 days to get his arsenal iinto the room. A real sick evil guy.
That and the ammonium nitrate....

This is beyond fishy... I can't see any legitimate motive unless he really hated country music, or coincidence the pending house vote on suppressors and SHARE act...
Odd Clinton responded wasting no time at all...

I know I know... shouldn't drag the obscure beast in, she lost I know... odd how this seems to happen right before a house vote though on pro gun legislation.
And she jumps right on what's about to go to a vote... coincidence?

I smell a rat.

It seems like a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. And it is pure speculation... I'm not so daft to believe a 64 year old man who's supposedly apolitical wealthy and a high Roller in vegas... would just do this for chits and giggles. I'm having a really tough time wrapping my heads around the facts here... not saying false flag... I'm trying to look at all angles here. And nothing logical is coming to mind.

On the surface it's terrorism.

There's one plausible factor that I guess you could assume...
What was his health? Was he issued terminally ill with months to live?

I can't see a legitimate reason to compell anyone, with any grasp of reality, to carry out an attack like this...

Guess there's the official report and findings to get an idea... until then... speculation and conspiracy theories...

I can't picture anyone 64 years old. Toting in almost 400 pounds worth of weapons and ammo, with bomb building material in his car... Unless he really. Really... wanted to send a message...

If I were diagnosed stage 4 with months to live. I'd empty my bank accounts and go buy the cars of my dreams and cruise them up and down A1A. I'd do everything on my bucket list I wanted to achieve before dying. I would not ever, go postal. And bring others down with me. I'd live every last day to the fullest right up until the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 06:46 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If you were to study the Constitution yourself and know and acknowledge the full text of the 2nd Amendment, your argument would be weakened: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." You and most gun nuts, always leave out the part about having a well-regulated militia being the reason for the amendment.

Meaning of the phrase "well-regulated"

Old 10-03-2017, 06:47 AM

28,927 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No they have not.

These mass shootings in public spaces are not normal and just began on the regular about 25-30 years ago.
your kidding right?

https://books.google.com/books?id=DA...istory&f=false

there have been mass murderers of humans since the beginning of time....

Old 10-03-2017, 06:47 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
do you understand the difference between a city and a state? just curious...
A gun law is a gun law. Criminals don't obey laws. What about that FACT are you failing to understand?

Old 10-03-2017, 06:49 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,502,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
As set of very stiff laws regulating how people can acquire weapons including shutting down the IRON PIPE LINE.
They can't even stop coke weed heroin or meth...
You think they're going to shut that down?
That's naive.

There already exists stiff laws regulating those who can buy guns. Want me to name them all at the federal level? Never mind state levels. They all have a different approach from CA to NY...

Old 10-03-2017, 06:51 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
If you look at a thesaurus and dictionary of those times well regulated meant in well working order...
Yep.

I included a link to constitution.org in my last post that elaborates on this point a bit.

14,994 posts, read 23,906,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If you were to study the Constitution yourself and know and acknowledge the full text of the 2nd Amendment, your argument would be weakened: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." You and most gun nuts, always leave out the part about having a well-regulated militia being the reason for the amendment.
No one ignores it, the "gun nuts" known as the Supreme Court of the United States defined what it means in context with the founding fathers intention. Suffice to say it does not agree with your interpretation.

28,927 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
That and the ammonium nitrate....

This is beyond fishy... I can't see any legitimate motive unless he really hated country music, or coincidence the pending house vote on suppressors and SHARE act...
Odd Clinton responded wasting no time at all...

I know I know... shouldn't drag the obscure beast in, she lost I know... odd how this seems to happen right before a house vote though on pro gun legislation.
And she jumps right on what's about to go to a vote... coincidence?

I smell a rat.

It seems like a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. And it is pure speculation... I'm not so daft to believe a 64 year old man who's supposedly apolitical wealthy and a high Roller in vegas... would just do this for chits and giggles. I'm having a really tough time wrapping my heads around the facts here... not saying false flag... I'm trying to look at all angles here. And nothing logical is coming to mind.

On the surface it's terrorism.

There's one plausible factor that I guess you could assume...
What was his health? Was he issued terminally ill with months to live?

I can't see a legitimate reason to compell anyone, with any grasp of reality, to carry out an attack like this...

Guess there's the official report and findings to get an idea... until then... speculation and conspiracy theories...

I can't picture anyone 64 years old. Toting in almost 400 pounds worth of weapons and ammo, with bomb building material in his car... Unless he really. Really... wanted to send a message...

If I were diagnosed stage 4 with months to live. I'd empty my bank accounts and go buy the cars of my dreams and cruise them up and down A1A. I'd do everything on my bucket list I wanted to achieve before dying. I would not ever, go postal. And bring others down with me. I'd live every last day to the fullest right up until the end.
I'm with you....

although here's something we can chew on.....for a while....
I remember right after a mass shooting years ago, and I forget which one it was, Charelton Heston, jumped right on the issue, trying to prove a political point, and America was all over him, for using it for political gain....(please correct me if I'm wrong) but I seem to remember that happening....
but yeah, something is extremely & obvioulsy fishy here....

as I said before, when this first happened, it was reported on a FB news feed that he had ties with ISIS and ISIS took credit for these murders. Now, it is my knowledge that a terrorist group never take credit unless they are associated with it?

then, suddenly, you heard nothing more about it.....

I was thinking along the lines of the fact that this would turn a lot more American's against bringing in people from other countries, and tighten up our borders and immigration laws even more, if he was connected....right? and the media is predominately owned by dems, right?

Old 10-03-2017, 06:52 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,797,563 times
When the 2nd amendment was written guns were muzzle loaders that, in the hands of an expert, could fire a ball every 15 - 20 seconds. A rifle was accurate to 400 - 500 yards max. Muskets were semi-accurate up to 50 yards or so.

Does anyone know what the Founding Fathers would have thought about creating a right to bear arms that can fire hundreds of rounds a minute and fire over 1200 yards? I'm not a lawyer but original intent might indicate that they were thinking of the arms of their time. They couldn't have conceived of todays weapons nor who should have the right to bear them.

It's already been decided people have a right to bear arms. What kind of arms? Not all obviously. Billionaires can't buy out of service nuclear subs, I assume. You don't see Abrams tanks out during hunting season. Not to mention F-18s. Some limits on bearing arms are in effect presumably. Why not extend them to weapons of the kind used in this massacre?

My own opinion is that wanting to own a firearm of this type is enough evidence of mental instability to disqualify a person from having one. That goes for all these guns that look like military weapons, especially those that can be converted to automatic fire.

There is no telling when someone will "crack" and psychologists are no better at identifying likely crackers than the common man. Removing these arms is the only way to prevent or at least minimize future massacres.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:53 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm with you....

although here's something we can chew on.....for a while....
I remember right after a mass shooting years ago, and I forget which one it was, Charelton Heston, jumped right on the issue, trying to prove a political point, and America was all over him, for using it for political gain....(please correct me if I'm wrong) but I seem to remember that happening....
but yeah, something is extremely & obvioulsy fishy here....
The FBI has proven themselves to be unreliable and politically motivated. I doubt that all the information from them is going to be forthcoming. Just from this thread alone, it's obvious gun control will be the main focus, instead of what and why this actually happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies