Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 07:31 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Of the millions of gun owners i doubt that 100,000 would even know how or have the ability to do this. Better than making such ammo available daily.
And, you are wrong. I belong to some bullet casting and reloading forums that each have more members than that. Plus, with States like CA trying to ban ammo thousands more by the day are learning how to reload. They'll ship right to your door.

I teach reloading btw if you are interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 07:31 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's already been explained multiple times so either you didn't read the thread or just don't care. BTW this wasn't an "attack".

Ok, one more time. The only way a suppressor even works is with subsonic ammo traveling below the speed of sound. That also means it's only effective at very close ranges. Any firearm shooting "regular" ammo will still have a very loud crack from the object breaking the sound barrier. Thus the jet reference.
It was explained in ways that would make sense to someone with more knowledge of weapons than I have. Thank you for putting it layman's terms.

How close must the shooter be to the target for them to work?

Old 10-03-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You should reevaluate who you have for friends.
I didn't say they were friends, go have a cup of coffee and clear out the cob webs.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:32 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
ASSUMPTIONS without being rational. Sure wouldn't be bad to start limiting how nuts can get to us. The govt has made it very hard to get explosives and that is working very well.
irrational, oh, but the shooter, had bomb making material in his car???????

Old 10-03-2017, 07:33 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Today I find myself asking if the media's coverage of these shootings shares a part of the blame. I find myself just having to stay away from the news today after relentless hour after hour of coverage. I am so sick of seeing this madman's picture on my tv screen. They probably showed him 100 times yesterday.

But I was also surprised to hear them say that mass shootings happen every day. The vast majority don't make national news. Because national news only cares about the body count. So these pieces of human garbage know that they can get worldwide attention by upping the body count. This guy didn't just show up at the concert and start blasting away. It was calculated and planned from a strategic location that would give him the ability to kill as many people as long as possible before the cops found him.

The Orlando club shooting dominated the news for what, like a week? And then they moved on. The media doesn't care about the victims. How many followup stories later to see how the survivors were coping? Zero that I know of.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:33 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The man was a Leftist shooting supposed Trump voters. He planned this in advance. Yes he was nuts, but that isn't the only reason he did this. It's quite obvious.
Perhaps you should take your special knowledge of what happened and present it to the Las Vegas police.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It was explained in ways that would make sense to someone with more knowledge of weapons than I have. Thank you for putting it layman's terms.

How close must the shooter be to the target for them to work?
Very close, probably less than 100 yards or you'll have an arc like a rainbow and VERY hard to hit anything, plus your energy will be very low. A high rate of fire isn't good for a suppressor either.

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I already did: Chicago. Some of the most restrictive ant-gun laws in the US. And what happens EVERY weekend in Chicago?

And guess who's wielding those guns and are shooting/killing others? Law-abiding citizens? No. Felons. Criminals. You can pass whatever law you want and it WON'T change a thing. CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS.
no you didn't. nowhere in the statistics I provided is Chicago mentioned.

I wonder why nj, with a population four times greater and two notorious cities has a lower rate of gun homicides than Nevada?

are people in Nevada just more vicious people? more unhinged? more deranged?
are people in new jersey just more peace loving and sane?

OR MIGHT IT BE THE DIFFERENCE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE GUN LAWS?

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
My logic is quite simple. I'm not motivated by irrational emotion.

If this then that.

If it's an opinion that you seek that is different.

Pertaining to flying. It was a last minute flight. I only went with the clothes on my back. I didn't have any baggage aboard. And had to sprint through an airport to make a flight on time. Further restrictions on air ports such as TSA in my opinion are a failed attempt at providing safety and spreading government bureaucracy. How many kids and women are groped daily? It's an inconvenience correct? Well. That's what you get when you trade liberty for comfort. Why is it moot to me? I much rather would drive to my destination, no ears exploding. No hyperventilating I'm scared to fly dude sitting in front of me. No walrus in a business suit that reeks of body odor.

Now your second part with the no need of a semi automatic is this.
Criminals that get black market weapons. They get full autos. They get semi autos and convert them. Both illegal! I can provide multiple cases where an AR15, an AK varient, a Mini14, a M1 Carbine has saved someone from a home intruder or home intruders. I get it you won't like to see those facts... and possibly can't wrap your mind around them.

A pistol... meh, a shotgun... they can be much more lethal than a rifle.

Pistols put holes in things.
Rifles shoot holes through things.
Shotguns blow chunks of things all over.

See when you are fed a diet from the media of what to believe naturally it sounds alien that wait they were wrong. I guarantee we meet up. I'd train you and have you shooting safely you'd get it. Technique stance the basic principles field stripping the whole nine yards.

So with the times changing argument... does that mean say the first amendment is open to be reinterpretation to one agenda or the other? Afterall cell phones. Tablets. Desktops. Laptops. None of that existed. This is what the logic is. When you interpret one right. Any right, it leaves all of the others open to reinterpretation to fit an agenda masked as "to fit the times because time changes"

Again. Apply the same regulation and legislation that currently exists on 2A matters to any of the other constitutional matters. Say for free speech. In order to protest or demonstrate you can't spread your message on social media or through emails or online forums. Certain words must not be used unless deemed mentally sound. And may only use them with a permit. Issued by the anointed one.

I'm applying this not in the sense of fire arms, but in a grander scheme of things.

Those in favor of tougher laws, and restrictions on the 2nd. Ditch the 2nd for one minute. Look at the grand scheme. Apply what you seek to the first. The 3rd the 4th the 5th the 8th... any amendment. Ask yourself.

Do you want to go through hoops of fire to practice a God given right guaranteed by the constitution? Pay for a permit to exercise that right? Subject yourself to background checks each time you seek to exercise that right? Be told there are limits to that right that you aren't privileged to but the military, and government bureaucracies and agencies and elected officials can enjoy?

You seek to fundamentally change the constitution and bill of rights in the name of irrational illogical emotion. Because HTC said this. CNN said that...

Look deeper than the matter of limiting restricting firearms. Look back to hitler. Mao. Stalin. Pol Pot. Venezuela. Those atrocities all happened. And the people all believed. Their government would have their best interests in place. There's a reason holocaust survivors tell us today. Do not give up the guns.

You go trading liberties for comfort, based on emotion, you receive neither.
Sure it is easy to say oh the military wouldn't confiscate guns and execute US citizens as a tyrant saw fit...

What happened in Soviet Russia under Stalin? That sick bastard killed his own top advisors and family. Saddam gassed his own people. Hitler wanted any one he felt undesirable and inferior dead. Venezuela forfeit guns and look at how many starve and die under a corrupt government.

Oh but what about Australia? What about here what about there.

What about this is America. Land of the free and home of the brave. Or have we subconsciously tapped out and want to be land of the dependent and home of the afraid?

Fear. I lack it. Ditch fear. It breeds hate.
You said:

Do you want to go through hoops of fire to practice a God given right guaranteed by the constitution? Pay for a permit to exercise that right? Subject yourself to background checks each time you seek to exercise that right? Be told there are limits to that right that you aren't privileged to but the military, and government bureaucracies and agencies and elected officials can enjoy?

NOT a God given right. Why should any elected official have more rights.

Give us your answer how to stop this stuff.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:36 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
This thread isn't even about the Vegas shooting anymore. It seems disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies