Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 07:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
So far, it's been suggested that he's with ISIS, that he's with Antifa, and that he's an activist who killed all those people to protest legislation making silencers easier to get.

All of this speculation is useless, other than to stir up distrust and animosity. Seems like we already have that in abundance.
anyone following this is aware of what has been suggested. I don't think we need to be reminded of that. The point I am making is: he didn't just do this for no reason. He didn't go to all the preparation just cause he decided he wanted to wipe 100s of people off the map. There is something behind it. I have no idea what, no do you. Hopefully the authorities will be able to get to the bottom of it. In the meanwhile what the heck do you mean stirring up distrust? Distrust in what? Of course people are going to speculate on what caused him to go off his rocker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 07:38 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Suicides aren't really homicide. People hell bent on offing themselves can find pills and booze as an alternative.

my stats are for MURDER BY GUN. they do not include suicide.

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
I didn't say they were friends, go have a cup of coffee and clear out the cob webs.
Did you report these "known felons that could not legally buy guns but still had them" to law enforcement? Or do you not care?

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Explain Chicago's shooting/murder rate, given all the anti-gun laws?

You can't. Why? Because CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS.

That's that FATAL flaw in your completely irrational logic.
Why would anyone think that Chicago's anti-gun laws be anything except ineffective? Chicago is in the center of a nation that is saturated to the gills with weaponry; the number of guns available to the public increases at a phenomenal rate in the USA unlike anywhere else in the world. For example the total number of guns produced in 2004 was abut 3 million; in 2013 it was 11 million. Interestingly, the number of HOUSEHOLDS owning these guns has reduced from 50% in 1974 to about 30% today. In other words gun ownership is concentrated into fewer people as time goes on.

The observation that Chicago's anti-gun laws didn't work is absolutely true. That's because we don't want them to work. In order for such laws to work they must extend across the whole nation, and they need to be in place for a decade before you would begin to see a positive effect. Just look at Australia's approach to understand how it could work, if we had the will to make it happen. But here's the rub; we love guns and violence and death and vengeance here in the USA far too much to ever go down that path.

As far as I can tell, the bloodbath on our city streets will continue, mass shootings will become more common and we will not only learn to incorporate these events into our daily lives, like InformedConsent and many others here we will come to celebrate it.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:40 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, explain Chicago with strong gun control laws? There really is not evidence gun control really is gun control. The use of guns will not stop no matter what is done. Bad people do bad things, one way or the other and nuts like this guy would have found a way to do what he did regardless.
how about YOU explain my stats!

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
And, you are wrong. I belong to some bullet casting and reloading forums that each have more members than that. Plus, with States like CA trying to ban ammo thousands more by the day are learning how to reload. They'll ship right to your door.

I teach reloading btw if you are interested.
I doubt you can teach me ANYTHING. I started reloading back in 1972. When did you start?

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You said:

Do you want to go through hoops of fire to practice a God given right guaranteed by the constitution? Pay for a permit to exercise that right? Subject yourself to background checks each time you seek to exercise that right? Be told there are limits to that right that you aren't privileged to but the military, and government bureaucracies and agencies and elected officials can enjoy?

NOT a God given right. Why should any elected official have more rights.

Give us your answer how to stop this stuff.
Here is a big one. Quit having large gatherings of people where they are sitting ducks. This guy had a sniper hide directly over the concert. We have a much better arena here, kind of out in the middle of nowhere and it's below ground. Wouldn't hurt to have SWAT at any huge gathering of unarmed people either.

Reloading since 77.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:41 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
IMO this feels like a conspiracy. Gun sales are way down and this is a great way to get them back up.

Also, what the hell does one guy need 23 guns for when shooting from the 32 floor? IMO it feels like there may have been more than one person involved in the shooting.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:42 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Here is a big one. Quit having large gatherings of people where they are sitting ducks. This guy had a sniper hide directly over the concert. We have a much better arena here, kind of out in the middle of nowhere and it's below ground. Wouldn't hurt to have SWAT at any huge gathering of unarmed people either.

Reloading since 77.
so what do you do for football games, basketball games, all concerts, etc? then lets take it once step further, how bout trains, buses, commercial buildings?

Old 10-03-2017, 07:42 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did you report these "known felons that could not legally buy guns but still had them" to law enforcement? Or do you not care?
Yes I did since the one in particular was also a druggy and I didn't trust him. He was trying to justify why he stole a jeep one time sitting around a camp fire. I was like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies