Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 05:46 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Except it really isn't working out that way, is it now?
"Except it really isn't working out that way, is it now?"

YES it IS!

"The United States continues to dominate with the number of millionaires in the country"

"There are now 145,000 U.S. households worth $25 million or more, up from 142,000 in 2014, according to Spectrem. There are 1.2 million households worth $5 million to $25 million, an increase of 42,000."

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/07/reco...in-the-us.html

Maybe you just don't work hard enough or smart enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
nothing will be done about the gun problem.

Like every other gun incident in the last 30 years, politicians will talk about it for 2 weeks, then bury it under the rug.... until the next shooting incident.

Nothing will ever get done. Too many conflicting interests
No, liberal states and cities will pass another batch of new gun laws which will have ZERO affect on gun crimes, just like the Clinton so-called '"assault" weapons ban had.

Do you remember all those shootings that occurred in "Gun Free Zones"?

Just an other gun law joke.

Anti-gunners believe that if a rifle is black, it is MORE dangerous then if it were brown.

If it "looks like a military weapon" it MUST be more dangerous then 1 that doesn't.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Thank you again for your response and the interesting data figures.

What I'm really asking for is your plot that I initially responded to, but with percentage of people who own guns plotted against gun violence. Not just the total number of guns divided by the number of people.

I think the data I'm seeking would make your case a little stronger.

By the way, I'm not saying that guns are THE problem. Although I think it is a bit simplistic to completely dismiss their role in gun violence. Especially when you look at this issue at a worldwide level where our nation is a bit of an outlier in the developed world.
Most data is available from the FBI.

Look things up yourself.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:02 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Except it really isn't working out that way, is it now?"

YES it IS!

"The United States continues to dominate with the number of millionaires in the country"

"There are now 145,000 U.S. households worth $25 million or more, up from 142,000 in 2014, according to Spectrem. There are 1.2 million households worth $5 million to $25 million, an increase of 42,000."

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/07/reco...in-the-us.html

Maybe you just don't work hard enough or smart enough!
There are 125.82 million households in the United States.

So what your numbers tell me is there is a very small concentration of a lot of the country's wealth. That's something we've known for years and not anything to be proud of.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:08 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,182 times
Has anyone thought that all these Hollywood movies,t.v. shows and the media with all the glorified violence they portray and report doesn't play a part in all this madness ?
When you have large bloody body counts in theaters you applaud when it happens in real life your appalled.Tell Hollywood and the media to clean up their content quit glorifying extreme violence.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
That’s exactly right and let’s say a Democrats in Congress propose

Any rifle with the caliber .223 or larger, with the ability to carry 10 or more rounds, and is semi automatic, would be limited to 10 purchases a year. Who’s life exactly would that destroy?

It would get shot down by Republicans, and it seems someone actually cares about the right to live. Ez pz.

Let this fester like healthcare did for years and we got Obamacare, I don’t want the same thing happening to gun control.
"Who’s life exactly would that destroy?"

Maybe the person in their own home being broken into by 3 or 4 bad guys who, by the very fact that thae DID break into the house don't care about laws, each with a stolen pistol with magazines holding 15 rounds each.

It is NOT wise to be "out-gunned".

Old 10-05-2017, 06:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Wonder what would happen if guns were outlawed and basically taken away from private ownership?.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Yes, that is often not understood here. Soviet Union lost close to 30 million, around 14% of the total population. Less known, but equally terrible, Yugoslavia, Greece lost probably around 10% of their respective populations. Even more for Poland.
OK guys, enough about WWII. Stay on topic. This thread is long enough WITHOUT your conversions about WWII

Any more and I will report you for hijacking the thread.

If you want to continue your discussion, open your own thread.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:24 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,013,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Wonder what would happen if guns were outlawed and basically taken away from private ownership?.
One way or another, it would get very very messy.

We'd probably look like India.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...acres_in_India

Old 10-05-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
sorry, frank is right on this. and while you might not hang around anti gun types, the government might send you to someone that is anti gun, and they would send in a report that fits their agenda, and you could end up not only not getting the guns you want, but losing the ones you have, as well as losing your freedom. you may end up in court trying to stay out of a mental institution.

sorry, i wont compromise my rights with anyone that wants to take them away.
Wasn't it Sen. Fienstein who tried to get ALL returning military personnel be labeled as "mentally unfit" to purchase a gun JUST because they were in combat, or something like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies