Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 AM

7,519 posts, read 2,828,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Repeal the second amendment, ban all guns except revolvers, double-barrel shotguns, and single-shot rifles. Start the process of taking them out of circulation, stop pretending it is impossible when most countries have successfully accomplished the same.
And here is where I tell you to move to one of those places if you are so afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 AM

1,743 posts, read 998,681 times
How will they enforce their new gun laws?

With guns.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:01 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,687,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
If you're living in Vancouver Canada you've got no right promoting anything for the US.
When Americans keep their noses out of other countries business we will talk.

First off, the illegal guns that come into Canada come from the US. Canada has a stake in this.

Secondly, Canadians were killed and injured in the latest attack.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:01 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,191,970 times
Default Follow the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Taking guns away from law abiding citizens does not guarantee anything. Criminals or people intent on doing harm will always be able to get guns.
Gun makers need to sell guns. A robust market that has lots of shiny new guns of slightly different quality supplies the boomer generation and their offspring with a wider variety of guns than were ever on the market before now. Why? Because boomers have a lot of discretionary income.
This market, the one that supplies you and me with the guns of our dreams also supplies guns to less law abiding, unsound and unsavory people. Also, in order to buy "the latest and the greatest," we often dispose of our old favorites and less than favorites without worrying too much about who's buying them or why.
In summary: the robust market that exists to supply the gun owners of today enables a large, free flowing secondary market that keeps "the iron pipeline" full. ALL gun buyers are indirectly responsible for this because they help create the demand and the market. I include myself in this group. We have to own up to these facts.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:02 AM

20,936 posts, read 8,733,297 times
Since 1994 gun ownership up 56% and gun deaths down 49%. Just heard that on the radio today.

Should we outlaw gambling when people start to lose money so they don't get mad and kill people?

Old 10-03-2017, 11:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,830,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
And here is where I tell you to move to one of those places if you are so afraid.
I would if I could. International migration is far more difficult than people like to casually claim on the internet ("Why don't you move there?") but that's another topic.

Also it's a really childish argument, telling someone to move. So I just double-down on your childishness and say, "No, YOU move."

Old 10-03-2017, 11:04 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,984,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Perhaps you'd be happier living in a country like Somalia without any rule of law.

That's why you criminalize it first so they are no longer law-abiding.

Actually I am quite happy living in this country that citizens have rights given to us by our founding fathers who knew what they were doing because of experience. I feel that people like yourself that are so willing to take away the rights of the American people should go where you have no rights.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:05 AM

7,525 posts, read 4,402,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nope. You are entirely wrong. I did look it up. I gathered the stats. In the 25 years before the gun-grab, there were 3.96 deaths a year from mass killings. All but 15 were by shootings (those were arson deaths). In the 21 years after the gun grab, there were 4.19 deaths a year. 15 of those were by shootings, 36 by arson, and the remainder were stabbings, beatings and vehicular (none of which factored in before the gun grab).

After every mass killing, the gun-grabbers use the event to further their lies and agenda, often citing Australia as a success in reducing the number of deaths because they reduced the number of guns available. It's simply not true.
Yeah, they always mention Australia as a model for gun laws in the US. Then they turn around and say that they are not looking to confiscate anyone's firearms and are only looking for "common sense" solutions to America's so called gun violence.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:05 AM

27,224 posts, read 46,910,617 times
For example, Switzerland has very relaxed gun policies that are similar to US policies.

How many mass shootings are over there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Switzerland

It seems a different issue is the reason.

Most shootings were Islamic, white supremacist or nut case related and actually anyone who does this is a nutcase but not nuts in the meaning of not knowing what they do.

Most crimes are committed by criminals!

It is a criminal issue and not a gun issue!

In Europe many attacks have now occurred by cars driving into crowds, knife attacks, etc.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:06 AM

10,557 posts, read 6,211,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
How will they enforce their new gun laws?

With guns.

Dont be so narrow minded. You think the only way to enforce anything is with guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies