Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 06:13 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Reminds me of "If you like your Doctor, you can Keep your Doctor".

This is why Trump is President and not Hillary.
And don't forget with help from the Russians, and all the fake ads on social media. They did an excellent job dividing the dems, and suppressing key demographics. From Russia with love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 06:14 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
And don't forget with help from the Russians, and all the fake ads on social media. They did an excellent job dividing the dems, and suppressing key demographics. From Russia with love.
KKK loves the Russians too Stalin be their savior.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
People are so funny. Dear Leader can say any crazy $hit he wants, fact is insurance companies wont compete across state lines or in new markets because it's hideously expensive to do so. The time and money involved with setting up provider networks who can service your insured patients is more than the ROI to do it. Essentially health insurers don't want to compete for health providers. Once again, the party of business shows a complete lack in understanding of...business.
He is creating a mess, total chaos is down the road.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Don't blame me because you don't know what a cap is.

Which would've been even bigger increases had Obamacare not been enacted.

Trump could take a dump on your face and you'd claim it was a great move.
Lol

Old 10-12-2017, 06:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If it was actually growing, it would be like a malignant cancer.
I do believe that Malignant ( my bolded) is the operative terminology. It appears the USA the self-professed "Greatest Country " in the world.. YET it's about a quarter to half Century BEHIND so many other Free World Democracies who have "HC" available to all on so many levels!!

Up here.. I could NOT afford the premiums to get healthcare.. but as our Taxes that actually make sure those who benefit in the upper "Tax range" have to kick in "SURCHARGE" annually since throughout the year got total coverages at low costs! Yes our daily taxes do cost a lot.. BUT compared to $10-20 grand a year in HC premiums is ridiculous..never mind deductibles!! It's called sharing costs amongst the TOTALITY of the Citizenry.. Those less affluent aren't held HOSTAGE like what's going to happen to you all! Free market and allowing Insurance Companies to PROFIT of misery of Insurance policy holders is simply Gouging and taking advantage of those who happen to be born with health issues or have some sort of accident!!

I know of NO OTHER Democratic Country that expects their citizens to cough up 10's of thousands of dollars to get Insurance for anything???? especially something like unknown that catastrophe could be around the corner or never???

Shame on USA for denying their Citizen's adequate coverages for HC!! Insurance Companies should NEVER ever have the POWER to DENY HC services (yet Trumper's suggest.. keep Government out of decisions for my HC??? But taxpayers ( Insurance Bailout)will end up PAYING!! while most paying premiums that the holders have zero knowledge that their HC is going to be denied when they need them!! ... Then what happens?? Yes Taxpayers give deductions to Hospitals.. Patients use expensive accesses (ER's/Hospitalizations) .. YET Trumper's somehow thinks it's wonderful.. SMH

Old 10-12-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
BINGO.

Obama brought in authoritarian gov't by POTUS EO, and libs applauded.

Now we are witnessing President Trump use EOs masterfully.

MAGA
His party was not in power, they only had the White House, so I can understand his use of EO in his situation. But Trump party controls everything and he have to go to EO. The republicans didn't like Obama, their job was to make him a one term president, remember that.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:30 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Congress still needs to weigh in here. Plus, it will take about six months to take effect.

Just in time for midterms.

Hurrah!
I too am very unhappy about this.
I've been told my insurance won't be available next year. We do not qualify for subsidies, just barely.
As an early retiree, I have only one word "ouch".

Old 10-12-2017, 06:32 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
If you are in a state like NC, a battleground state BTW, where there is only one insurer, then yes, rates will go down, dramatically.

Trump, unlike what the OP thinks, knows exactly what he is doing.
Not for us older folks who don't qualify for subsidies.
Only junk insurance will be available.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:37 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
His party was not in power, they only had the White House, so I can understand his use of EO in his situation. But Trump party controls everything and he have to go to EO. The republicans didn't like Obama, their job was to make him a one term president, remember that.
They lost Congress due to the population hating ACA shoved down their throat in 2010.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:20 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
LOL!

I don't think they are worrying about what you think of them.

Or what an out of state insurance policy cost!

The blue states will fall in line when their voters realize they are getting screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies