Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 06:20 AM

587 posts, read 305,259 times

Advertisements

TRUMP is "THE PEOPLE'S PRESIDENT "
****** PRO AMERICA *******
*******PATRIOTS ********
*******AMERICA 1776-2017 ******

GOD,FAMILY, COUNTRY

Old 10-15-2017, 06:24 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Man up and prove him wrong. Someone already called out #54 gasoline prices.
Why should posters do that? Here is a prior list by the same OP:

The List Of The Last 6 Months Of Trump's Accomplishments Making America Great I Grade Him An "A" What Do You Grade Him?

Here is another, by a different poster:

Some amazing stats on President Trumps first 6 months in office

Yet another:

Donald Trump is doing a great job as president and it's just the beginning! #Trump2020

I know there are others, and that some posters pointed out errors each time.

It seems to be a game: list mainly phony accomplishments, and ask others to refute.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:26 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
We have had such lists as proposed by the OP several times over the past weeks or months, and I do not wonder that people herein are tired of addressing each point.

Here is what I think: I had opined, even prior to the election, that Donald Trump would, if elected, resign after a period of perhaps two years, claiming that he had accomplished all that he set out to do (for I thought, and still do, that he does not enjoy being President, although he has certainly improved his golf game).

I am still of that opinion. The other day Mr. Trump made the curious statement (as I noted in another thread) that, to paraphrase, "I do not have a schedule, but if I did have a schedule, we are ahead of schedule".

Mr. Trump is already beating the drum that he has accomplished most of his goals. The OP, and a few others, are joining in as chorus.

Mr. Trump and said posters are 'laying the groundwork' to explain Mr. Trump's resignation. I imagine that Mr. Trump has been reliably informed that the Mueller investigation may not bode well for him.

Accordingly, I make another prediction: that such threads increase in number in the coming weeks. That way, should Mr. Trump resign, they may proclaim "Of course! He has done what he set out to do!"

The possibility that he resigns, if he does, in order to escape the public humiliation of impeachment, will be ignored by his worshipers.
You bring up a great point about Trump & Cult laying the groundwork for his resignation.

I wonder, when he resigns, will Cult 45 feel as though he’s improved their lives, as he promised? It’s one thing to post false lists about what Trump has accomplished, and it’s another thing to have a better quality of life.

Will Cult 45 be satisfied if Trump resigns?

Old 10-15-2017, 07:27 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You bring up a great point about Trump & Cult laying the groundwork for his resignation.

I wonder, when he resigns, will Cult 45 feel as though he’s improved their lives, as he promised? It’s one thing to post false lists about what Trump has accomplished, and it’s another thing to have a better quality of life.

Will Cult 45 be satisfied if Trump resigns?
Yes, for it shall be framed as a 'victory'. I think Mr. Trump would rather be 'on the outside' of government. Indeed, should he resign, he would probably be a leading critic of the Republicans and Mr. Pence (as president), in order to gain approval with the public.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:42 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
You could have just posted the links. It's already posted all over the net.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/ray-s...complishments/

Has President Trump done anything in his first six months? | Americhicks Blog

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/182...donald-j-trump

Old 10-15-2017, 07:45 AM

34,238 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Like Tuco said “If you are going to shoot, shoot, don’t talk”.
I love that scene, and line. Very true.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:50 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
So sad that the Trump haters can't give him any credit for any of his accomplishments.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:55 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Yes, for it shall be framed as a 'victory'. I think Mr. Trump would rather be 'on the outside' of government. Indeed, should he resign, he would probably be a leading critic of the Republicans and Mr. Pence (as president), in order to gain approval with the public.

But, why would they consider it a victory if their quality of life hasn’t improved (or it’s gotten worse in terms of jobs, healthcare, etc)?

Old 10-15-2017, 08:09 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,837,072 times
Quote:
It seems to be a game: list mainly phony accomplishments, and ask others to refute.
It's called a Gish gallop, it's a well known bullsh!tting strategy pioneered by a creationist apologist that consists of just throwing out as many claims as possible in as little time as possiblen with no regard for thier factual accuracy. Because it is harder to refute a lie that it is to make them up, it becomes an impracticality to refute them all.

If you see a big list like this, glance over it and see if anything is blatantly factually incorrect. If you find something, now you know the person is BSing you.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:16 AM

734 posts, read 351,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Christian Bale is good looking.
Yeah, well mainly meant the character he played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies