Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 01:58 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times

Advertisements

I thought Democrats hated the Vietnam War and were pro-AWOL by any means necessary... now all of a sudden they changed their belief structure? Yeah, keep spreading the misdirection...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 01:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Looking at pictures of Trump at that time, he looks like the softest of softs, like he would cry from a hangnail. His claims to be pro-military when no one from his family including himself has ever served is just laughable. Five deferments, it's standard Trump hypocrisy every day.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:59 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Funny. When I had bone spurs, it took surgery and physical therapy to ‘heal up’. The spurs didn’t just evaporate, they had to be shaved off. I am surprised the President didn’t mention that kind of ordeal. Of course, mine were in a joint. I am sure foot ones just evaporate if you ignore them.
it is because Trump is just a big fat liar and that is all.

Many folk are fully aware that bone spurs don't "heal up" , but Trump knows he will not have to submit to testing so he just lies. I am sure the doctors who keep him in tip top shape know full well he is still lying about it, but they are bound by an oath...

Old 10-23-2017, 02:03 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I thought Democrats hated the Vietnam War and were pro-AWOL by any means necessary... now all of a sudden they changed their belief structure? Yeah, keep spreading the misdirection...
Well i guess you just don't know as much about Dems as you thought you did.

Here are some hints. Most of the folk in the democratic party today were NOT alive during the vietnam war, in fact most of the people in the democratic party have never given the draft much thought...

Maybe next time you could stop and think before launching your attack on dems. It would have only taken you a moment to realize you premise was grossly flawed.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:04 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,680,678 times
Very few in the German Reich's rural populace ever espoused any anti Hitler attitude, and now we shouldn't expect much more from the present day American Freikorp supporters. Politics is a dirty business, and so are the wars started by politicians. People want to appear patriotic but on closer scrutiny, we all too often find the remnants of the bygone nationalist, the power hungry Facist, the moralistic totalitarian, and others who wrap themselves in the flag in order that they may be protected from those who see through their cowardly ruse. Trump is one who has risen to a position of power without so much as a spoonful of sacrifice on his part, no, he will survive the onslaught of his detractors--simply because he knows how to ride the coattails of those who have sacrificed..The art of the deal, and all of that, ya know?

Old 10-23-2017, 02:05 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Even though I’m not politically aligned with McCain, he will always have my respect for his country over party political stance.

Trump is a coward. And, so are all of the followers backing him because he’ll say the bigoted things they’re eager to say but too wimpy to say for themselves. Disgraceful cowards. What a horrible time in American political history.
What bigoted things has Trump said? And, no, criticizing illegal aliens is not "bigoted."

Old 10-23-2017, 02:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You don't need a medical degree to know he is telling the truth. The poor go to war and the wealthy obtain deferments. It ain't just Trump.

What about McCain's brain tumor makes anything he said about bone spurs and the wealthy obtaining draft deferments untrue?
It's not just Trump. For decades - the poor have fought on the front lines and the wealthy have obtained deferments.
It's not right.
That is not quite true. For one thing, 2/3rds of those who served in Vietnam volunteered.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:17 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
McCain is the only one who has the guts to stand up to Trump...the biggest bully ever.... and good for him. All the rest are just cowards who need to be voted out.
It's not that McCain has gut but he has a downright hate for trump. Doesn'tatter what ever trump does McCain going fight him on it. It's not politic , it just hate

Old 10-23-2017, 02:19 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
OK. It's not fake. Trump didn't want to go into the service so he used available resources and was deferred.

But isn't that just as true about Bill Clinton? And did you believe the nonsense Hillary spouted about trying to join the Marines? And remind us again - when did Obama serve?

(Did you really believe no one was going to bring this up?)
But I don't recall them saying they only admired someone who wasn't captured.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:20 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I love it! Calling out Trump for the coward he is. Donald Trump's rich daddy was able to get little Donnie multiple deferments to avoid serving in Vietnam.

COWARD!
Trump had one bone spur deferment for every year McCain endured abuse, neglect and even torture at the hands of his captors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies