Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 10:04 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,627,095 times

Advertisements

McCain should focus on his own health instead of arm-chair determining who is well enough to fight in a war. Where did he get his medical degree again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 10:05 PM

32,159 posts, read 15,149,863 times
McCain is the only one who has the guts to stand up to Trump...the biggest bully ever.... and good for him. All the rest are just cowards who need to be voted out.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:08 PM

25,655 posts, read 17,402,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
McCain isn't perfect, but he's the real deal: he's not going to be cowed by Trump's crap, and NOTHING can hide the fact that he served his nation with courage in combat while Trump was a ***** who got his rich daddy to get some doctor to get him five deferments including some bull**** on bone spurs that then miraculously just happened to go away once the draft was over.

In fact, pretty much all the McCain men, including John's sons, served proudly in the military. Trump's kids just enjoyed their mini-me status in daddy's business.

Cons are of course desperately counting the hours until McCain dies from his tumors, but history will always show that McCain was a real public servant who had courage and honor; whereas Trump will always be a coward who had none. Spin it any way you want, but it's as simple as that. This is one bit of news that can't be turned "fake."..........
OK. It's not fake. Trump didn't want to go into the service so he used available resources and was deferred.

But isn't that just as true about Bill Clinton? And did you believe the nonsense Hillary spouted about trying to join the Marines? And remind us again - when did Obama serve?

(Did you really believe no one was going to bring this up?)

Old 10-22-2017, 10:09 PM

31,166 posts, read 22,199,093 times
Interesting how our posters who were mocking McCain in years past try to act like they respect him now.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:09 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,252,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats it.. no ones gonna vote for Trump now..
Except for everyone that voted for him last time and also the ones that didn't last time but see the economic boom created by Trumpism.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:10 PM

73,147 posts, read 62,828,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
McCain isn't perfect, but he's the real deal: he's not going to be cowed by Trump's crap, and NOTHING can hide the fact that he served his nation with courage in combat while Trump was a ***** who got his rich daddy to get some doctor to get him five deferments including some bull**** on bone spurs that then miraculously just happened to go away once the draft was over.

In fact, pretty much all the McCain men, including John's sons, served proudly in the military. Trump's kids just enjoyed their mini-me status in daddy's business.

Cons are of course desperately counting the hours until McCain dies from his tumors, but history will always show that McCain was a real public servant who had courage and honor; whereas Trump will always be a coward who had none. Spin it any way you want, but it's as simple as that. This is one bit of news that can't be turned "fake."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...nts/index.html
And this is why I have respect for John McCain, and absolutely no respect for President Trump. McCain served this country. He didn't go and try to dodge the draft. Trump, however, dodged the draft multiple times. For that reason, Trump has no room to talk.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:11 PM

25,655 posts, read 17,402,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Interesting how our posters who were mocking McCain in years past try to act like they respect him now.
And those who voted for Clinton now scream "Draft Dodger".

Old 10-22-2017, 10:11 PM

73,147 posts, read 62,828,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I've never mocked McCain. I've disagreed with him a few times in the past. I was very worried when he picked Sarah Palin as his running mate. However, I never mocked him. You can't accuse me of disrespecting him.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:12 PM

30,713 posts, read 18,362,610 times
OP, did you vote for McCain in 2008? I'm tired of hearing these come to Jesus Democrats offer praise for a man that they called unstable, likely to start a nuclear war, racist, etc., when he was running against Barrack Hussein Obama.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:15 PM

32,159 posts, read 15,149,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
OP, did you vote for McCain in 2008? I'm tired of hearing these come to Jesus Democrats offer praise for a man that they called unstable, likely to start a nuclear war, racist, etc., when he was running against Barrack Hussein Obama.
I never had a problem with McCain until he decided to have Palin as a running mate. He didn't even want her. He wanted Leiberman. But brain cancer and all, he is still the maverick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies