Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 10:43 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,859,894 times

Advertisements

The real heroes went to Canada or spent jail time like Ali.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 10:43 PM

18,567 posts, read 7,424,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Did Barrack Hussein Obama question McCain's being a war hero because he was captured?
You are extremely confused. No one has questioned him being a "war hero" because he was captured. Sensible people, instead, have said that being captured doesn't make you a hero, and McCain has no other basis for being considered a hero.

And I am sorry that he suffered as he did. That must have been awful beyond my comprehension. But that suffering gives him no right to make me and my family and my people suffer.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 10-22-2017 at 11:08 PM..

Old 10-22-2017, 10:46 PM

30,735 posts, read 18,414,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I never had a problem with McCain until he decided to have Palin as a running mate. He didn't even want her. He wanted Leiberman. But brain cancer and all, he is still the maverick.
That's fair on your part. Many people who didn't have a problem with McCain previously, though, started having a problem with him very quickly even before he announced Palin as his VP running mate. I think it goes back to what a few people wrote (in several publications) this last election cycle about leftists crying wolf every cycle, constantly labeling every GOP nominees (from GWB to Mitt Romney) as terrible people, sexists, racists, etc. When they actually thought that they had a real all of the above on their hands in Trump (not that they did), people tuned them out as it was the same old Dem rallying point.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:47 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Lunacy. Trump is one man who may or may not have a billion dollars or three. The Left is an organization with trillions and trillions of dollars at its disposal, and it's laughably ignorant to compare the two. The Left is the biggest bully ever, and it's not even close.

We have never had a president who puts himself first. Trump can't take any criticism and lashes out at anyone who dares to go against him. Any news that doesn't favor him is fake news. If you love him...great, if you don't then you better look out. This is our country and we need a leader not a dictator.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:48 PM

10,599 posts, read 4,124,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
The real heroes went to Canada or spent jail time like Ali.
My dad did prison for 10 years being mixed up with the wrong crowd. While he obviously disliked it, he wouldn't change his past for anything, because it made him a better man to my mom and me, and he also liked the idea that it was his way out of a war he felt, he should have no part of.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:51 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,461,094 times
Trump showed his disdain for the military with his famous quote: "I like people who weren't captured." Meaning: Doesn't matter how much you suffered serving this country, you're a loser.

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured' - POLITICO

Old 10-22-2017, 10:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,257,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Except for everyone that voted for him last time and also the ones that didn't last time but see the economic boom created by Trumpism.
I hope.. still waiting... I know things take time but I've seen little done so far. Sometimes thats good, but others.. ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And this is why I have respect for John McCain, and absolutely no respect for President Trump. McCain served this country. He didn't go and try to dodge the draft. Trump, however, dodged the draft multiple times. For that reason, Trump has no room to talk.
Always funny to see Obama and Clinton supporters talking about how honorable it is to serve the country

Old 10-22-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
McCain is the only one who has the guts to stand up to Trump...the biggest bully ever.... and good for him. All the rest are just cowards who need to be voted out.
No one really cares what McCain has to say..

Old 10-22-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Trump showed his disdain for the military with his famous quote: "I like people who weren't captured." Meaning: Doesn't matter how much you suffered serving this country, you're a loser.

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured' - POLITICO
Being captured doesnt make you a hero, it makes one a casualty/victim of war..

Old 10-22-2017, 11:00 PM

30,735 posts, read 18,414,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Did Barrack Hussein Obama question McCain's being a war hero because he was captured? Did Barrack Hussein Obama slight all POWs and say he preferred people who weren't captured?
Barack Hussein Obama essentially called John McCain unpatriotic when he said that the debt we accumulated under Bush (and the debt we'd continue to accumulate under McCain, who supported Bush's economic policies), was "unpatriotic." Of course, Barrack Hussein Obama went on to accumulate more debt than all previous presidents combined
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies