Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 04:06 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
After reading a bit more about what transpired regarding this situation, and reading what General Kelly said, it appears that Trump, in his own bumbling way, was trying to express sincere condolences. The problem is, IMO, Trump is socially inept, lacking in social graces in a situation like this. Perhaps he was trying to say and do the right thing, idk.
If he was trying to do the right thing, he would have sent a note about how his heart went out to her during her sorrow that he couldn't even begin to understand and here was his personal check for $25K as he knew there would be a lot of unanticipated expenses and not much unanticipated money for a time.

Then he would have shut up about it.

If he did this with every widow, the word would soon get around about what a great guy he was.

Read about Sgt. Johnson. He was a good man. Brave, sweet, fun loving. Her heart is breaking. Does Trump not get that? This is not a time for blowhard BS. It's a time for compassion.

If he couldn't muster it in person, do by mail.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:09 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If he was trying to do the right thing, he would have sent a note about how his heart went out to her during her sorrow that he couldn't even begin to understand and here was his personal check for $25K as he knew there would be a lot of unanticipated expenses and not much unanticipated money for a time.

Then he would have shut up about it.

If he did this with every widow, the word would soon get around about what a great guy he was.

Read about Sgt. Johnson. He was a good man. Brave, sweet, fun loving. Her heart is breaking. Does Trump not get that? This is not a time for blowhard BS. It's a time for compassion.

If he couldn't muster it in person, do by mail.

Are you serious?

So every combat soldier Marine etc died in combat should get a personal check from the president?

Old 10-19-2017, 04:13 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You are correct about that and I should have said so..

I thought the she 'exploited her relationship' was enough.

See what I mean about perception of what I'm writing?
I knew what you meant and I meant nothing more than adding what I said to what you said. Perception is everything.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:13 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Pretty shameless from that congresswomen to listen in on the call and politicize it. Is there nothing left these days that isn't political. Gen. Kelly is right, there is nothing sacred anymore in our society

Old 10-19-2017, 04:14 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
And she doubles down. What a pile of filth.

https://www.redstate.com/diary/Bonch...d-star-father/

So what was Mrs. Wilson’s response to a great hero like Gen. Kelly?

Rep. Wilson responded to this presser by saying, “John Kelly’s trying to keep his job. He will say anything,”

A man who’s served with distinction for decades and who has diligently sought what’s best for the country is now being accused of being an honor-less hack who’ll say anything to keep a job he most certainly does not need.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:14 PM

769 posts, read 782,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And twist the truth to fit their crazy agenda.
Are you calling Trump a liberal??

Old 10-19-2017, 04:16 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
The Congresswoman should stayed focused. Sharing details of this private conversation is not going to do any damage to Trump. Team Trump can explain away a 70 years old man who sticks his hand in between a young woman's (you know he's not doing this to women his own age) legs instead of saying hello. Explaining this away is a piece of cake. Trump always take the bait and has to lie to get loose. I wish the controversy could be more substantive instead reminding us he has no manners.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:17 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
For me, this all boils down to one thought:
Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla = No Class
(no surprise as it appears that it's in democrats' blood)
On The Five this evening, Juan Williams' comments emphasized that again.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:18 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
And she doubles down. What a pile of filth.

https://www.redstate.com/diary/Bonch...d-star-father/

So what was Mrs. Wilson’s response to a great hero like Gen. Kelly?

Rep. Wilson responded to this presser by saying, “John Kelly’s trying to keep his job. He will say anything,”

A man who’s served with distinction for decades and who has diligently sought what’s best for the country is now being accused of being an honor-less hack who’ll say anything to keep a job he most certainly does not need.
agreed. Gen. Kelly is also a gold star dad. I think he understands what Grief feels like.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:19 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
After reading a bit more about what transpired regarding this situation, and reading what General Kelly said, it appears that Trump, in his own bumbling way, was trying to express sincere condolences. The problem is, IMO, Trump is socially inept, lacking in social graces in a situation like this. Perhaps he was trying to say and do the right thing, idk.
TJT is incapable of having any ability to empathize.. and Even Kelly said he advised the president NOT to call the surviving relatives of the 4 Fallen in Niger. I also understand that it was DJT's need to out any other President .. CHOSE to make those calls.. meanwhile the calls mean nothing IF perceived coming from a person who obviously has ZERO ability to display EMPATHY!!

Sure, I agree with Kelly.. and IF it wasn't for DJT's throw-a-way line to disparage previous POTUS' and actually bring up Kelly's name himself.. NONE of the discourse would have ever happened!!

Kelly is a true example of someone who Sacrifices on so many levels ( Chain of Command duty) that he had to come forward ( due to TJT invoking his name) to support the CIC! I'm sure he wanted to Puke just having to be forced to do so!!

Of course, this is NOT the first time he's used and abused " Gold Star Families".. DJT should never bother call any family who lost a loved one in combat.. EVER... ALL he does is deepen the woundings by POLITICALIZING it!!

Boy I'm so old I recall when veteran's were often demonized ( post requirements to sign up) the military back in the day!!! Now that it's voluntary it appears yet another story!!

Bless Kelly and having the ability to actually make such statements at that press conference.. He's made of a fibre that DJT only dreams he possesses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies