Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 04:11 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times

Advertisements

Gold Star widow Whitney Hunter: I wish Trump had called me - CNNPolitics

She was told to wait by the phone for a few days for his call? Really? If that's protocol it needs to be changed pronto.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:15 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
But I'm sure Trump did call her and he has proof of it; but no he will not share.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:21 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
So what? Did all the soldiers who died in WWI, WWII, the Korean and Vietnam Wars get calls by the President to their widows?

If I were a war widow, it wouldn't matter to me if the President didn't call me or write me a letter of condolence. What would matter is hearing from his fellow military friends and contact who truly knew him, and them sharing their memories of him.

And yes, having a husband in the military or the police force is knowing that they have a dangerous job where they could be injured or lose their life on any given work day. And yes, that is what they willingly signed on for.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:24 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
its strange that all the sudden this matters. I smell a rat.

Obama was never questioned about making calls to Gold Star families. I have heard on talk radio today from a number of them that say they never got a call from Obama.... and that was never an issue. never.

Now we get a badgering leftwing media group cornering Trump on calling THESE familes..... he does.... then we get....

A known left wing Trump hating member of congress saying Trumps call was egregious.
Folk comeing out saying they didn't get a Trumpcall.

I. SMELL. A. RAT.

This was a set up from the get up.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:25 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Gotta love CNN writing all these hit pieces on Trump.

Did CNN EVER publish a similar article about Obama? No.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:27 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Gotta love CNN writing all these hit pieces on Trump.

Did CNN EVER publish a similar article about Obama? No.
"calling" Gold Star familes wasn't a "thing" until this week....
There are two things I know for certain.
1. The issue is never the issue.
2. There are no coincidences in politics.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:28 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So what? Did all the soldiers who died in WWI, WWII, the Korean and Vietnam Wars get calls by the President to their widows?

If I were a war widow, it wouldn't matter to me if the President didn't call me or write me a letter of condolence....
Read the article in the OP.

She was told to expect a call from Trump and to be available on specific days in order to get the call from Trump. She said she expected him to follow through with his plans to call her. If she was never told to be available and expect the call from Trump, I doubt she would have been discussing the matter today.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politi...ntv/index.html

From the link:

...the White House had given word the President would call. She said she was told to stay by her phone for a couple of days."I don't like that I was told that I would receive the phone call but then I never did,"

Old 10-18-2017, 04:29 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Gold Star widow Whitney Hunter: I wish Trump had called me - CNNPolitics

She was told to wait by the phone for a few days for his call? Really? If that's protocol it needs to be changed pronto.
Yes, change it especially for the snowflake in the White House because the one that's been working for decades in not working out for our current prsident's disability, Foot-in-Mouth Disease.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:32 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
its strange that all the sudden this matters. I smell a rat.

Obama was never questioned about making calls to Gold Star families. I have heard on talk radio today from a number of them that say they never got a call from Obama.... and that was never an issue. never.

Now we get a badgering leftwing media group cornering Trump on calling THESE familes..... he does.... then we get....

A known left wing Trump hating member of congress saying Trumps call was egregious.
Folk comeing out saying they didn't get a Trumpcall.

I. SMELL. A. RAT.

This was a set up from the get up.
Trump is the one who made it into a thing. He said he was the only one who called the families.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:33 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump is the one who made it into a thing. He said he was the only one who called the families.
He answered a question about it. Get your facts straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies