Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 12:02 PM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I disagree, OP, and for the very reasons you lay out. I want him to stay right where he is, where he can continue to do the most damage as possible for as long as possible to the Republican party.

It's not like he is accomplishing anything other than that, anyway, so it works for me.
Though lots of people share your sentiments in general, including me, I just can't see what's going on with Trump and Congress or the GOP as any sort of good thing...

Around the time that John Boehner decided he'd had enough with the Tea Party and all the rest, about the time it seemed the GOP was imploding, I thought not good. When either party can't serve well with the other, we're all the lesser for that weakness.

That problem and vacuum of good leadership ushered in the rise of Trump who was basically able to short-circuit the system by way of his money, fame and nationalist right-winging rhetoric to land himself center stage of the GOP presidential debates. The others didn't have a chance, and either did Hillary of course, because one thing all us Americans tend to share is something of a loathing for politicians in general, fair or not as that may be. Trump stood out as obvious choice in that regard, also right or wrong as that may be...

Problem is, however, we ended up with a "non-politician" like Trump who's lack of character, judgement and intelligence badly undermines what good COULD have come from him being a non-politician.

Now we pay an unfortunate price even as those of us more liberal watch Trump and the GOP do little more than prove they are dysfunctional in all too many ways.

We deserve better than this. Or do we? Sometimes I read comments in these threads that surely make me wonder...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 12:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Once tax reform is passed, the Senate GOP along with help from Pence and Cabinet members will make a move with the 25th Amendment. So, if the Orange Man "wins" on tax reform, he loses.
ahh the old liberal wet dream of getting rid of trump for one reason or another. sorry but it has not happened and likely wont happen without good reason.

remember when he announced he was running for president, nearly everyone was saying he wont stay in the race. then people said he couldnt win the primaries. then people said the republicans were going to use the party rules to stop his nomination. then the experts kept saying that trump can never beat hillary.

and then when all was said and done trump was elected president, and the efforts to try and get rid of him started in earnest, from suing to overturn a few states elections, to the russian bull crap, to we need to impeach trump now(long before taking office), to we need to invoke the 25th amendment, to those that even subscribed to assassination of trump.

and the hate from the left just continues, while trump keeps staying in office, and going no where.

trump was elected by the people to do just what he is doing, shaking up washington, and slapping the republican party upside the head and getting them to do their damned jobs.

i think trump has also shown congress for what they are, do nothing obstructionists on both sides of the isle. 2018 is going to be an interesting year for sure. i think a lot of incumbents are going to get primaried, and many will lose. and then it becomes those that support trump the most in many districts will win the election for those open congressional seats.

and i think that this will also force the people to really hold their congress peoples feet to the fire and make them do their jobs or be replaced the nest time around.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:09 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Often Republicans or Democrats vote along party lines, they try to support their President in office, but Trump has been nothing but a train wreck for the Republican party. Any continued support seriously hurts the parties chances of securing the oval office in future elections. If things are allowed to continue, they will be guilty by association.

I predict people in the future people will say something like, Hey who are you going to vote for President? Certainly not the Republican candidate, I don't want another Trump like president getting into the White House.

Trump is seriously hurting the Republican party, it's not enough to keep quite and not publicly support for the President. They need to take action before Trump does irreparable harm to the Republican Party, Trump isn't going to step down voluntarily, Republicans need to force the issue. when is, enough a enough? Waiting till the Democrats have enough votes is a serious mistake in my opinion, it will just reinforce the argument that Republicans will support lunatic in the White House, just so long as they are in there party. They need to do the right thing and remove the thorn from there side. Maybe once Trump is out of the way Pence can redeem the party and give them a shot at the White House in 2020 and the future.

why are Democrats giving advise to the Republican party? like they care. Before Trump, they put down every GOP candidate. It's so hypocritical and disingenuous on their part.

Worry about the Democrat party, it's going more to left like Venezuela. Democrats are the minority party across the nation but they want to give advise on Trump and the GOP?

Old 10-20-2017, 06:22 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump is the result of the actions of the Republican party. Many of the Republicans voters are rejecting the Republican establishment, and want change. Most of the Trump voters are quite happy with Trump, and it is the John McCain types that are more likely to be pushed out.

It could be a very interesting midterm election, I wish Bannon all the luck in the world rooting out the corrupt establishment Republicans.

Exactly.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:25 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
No, let them keep him.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:42 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
I started to say I have never seen an attack on any politician like what is happening to Trump and then I remember how George Bush was treated. Some say Reagan was treated the same way. Guess I was working too hard at the time raising two children and working to notice.

I was watching one of the major networks the other day when the person interviewing someone about the soldier story, and I do mean story like my mother used to say, "Don't call someone a liar, say they told a story." The person being interviewed was an honorable person. I felt like throwing something at the TV by the fabrications the newsman was trying to make. He was twisting everything. One can only hope he retires soon. Several others on that station need to go also. Why do these people hate patriotism and honor so much. They ruin everything good.

One more time to all of you making your grand statements on here trying to attack Trump. People in the military know who is their friend and that woman in congress is not one of them. She is also not a friend to the honorable people in this country. I find her behavior despicable and those who are cheering her on and supporting her use of the death of a soldier to attack our president is beyond anything I have ever witnessed. I hope the people in her district will do a better job next time they choose a representative.

My husband said that if she has supported every soldier who died in her district and gone to their funeral than she is maybe not a racist but if she hasn't gone to the funerals of the white soldiers too and personally gotten in touch with their families, she is just another racist pointing a finger at others. Trump is human but at least he tries and race doesn't make a difference to him.

Last edited by NCN; 10-20-2017 at 06:51 PM..

Old 10-20-2017, 06:49 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Often Republicans or Democrats vote along party lines, they try to support their President in office, but Trump has been nothing but a train wreck for the Republican party. Any continued support seriously hurts the parties chances of securing the oval office in future elections. If things are allowed to continue, they will be guilty by association.

I predict people in the future people will say something like, Hey who are you going to vote for President? Certainly not the Republican candidate, I don't want another Trump like president getting into the White House.

Trump is seriously hurting the Republican party, it's not enough to keep quite and not publicly support for the President. They need to take action before Trump does irreparable harm to the Republican Party, Trump isn't going to step down voluntarily, Republicans need to force the issue. when is, enough a enough? Waiting till the Democrats have enough votes is a serious mistake in my opinion, it will just reinforce the argument that Republicans will support lunatic in the White House, just so long as they are in there party. They need to do the right thing and remove the thorn from there side. Maybe once Trump is out of the way Pence can redeem the party and give them a shot at the White House in 2020 and the future.
You might want to venture out of your bubble.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:52 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
I’m worried for the safety of the US. Trump is liable to send out a missle to N. Korea. Can’t trust this guy. He’s unstable.....

Old 10-20-2017, 07:05 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump was elected to upset the swamp creatures on both sides of the aisle. He is doing great!!!!

Democrats fear and hate mongering campaign continue it character assassination and reissuing the same hysterical mindset that was required to burn witches. It is not conceivable that any conscious person would cast a vote for the unethical, fear and hate mongering hijacked democrat party they are demonstrating themselves to be.

Trump is our only hope.
Could you give examples? It does seem that Mr. Trump has appointed many Wall Street people to his posts. I think he referred "Goldman Sachs" as being undesirable, yet he has appointed many of such to his cabinet.

Say, how goes his campaign promise to go after the day traders or such?

Old 10-20-2017, 07:13 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
No, let them keep him.
I agree.

They can keep him. He's their guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies