Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Often Republicans or Democrats vote along party lines, they try to support their President in office, but Trump has been nothing but a train wreck for the Republican party. Any continued support seriously hurts the parties chances of securing the oval office in future elections. If things are allowed to continue, they will be guilty by association.

I predict people in the future people will say something like, Hey who are you going to vote for President? Certainly not the Republican candidate, I don't want another Trump like president getting into the White House.

Trump is seriously hurting the Republican party, it's not enough to keep quite and not publicly support for the President. They need to take action before Trump does irreparable harm to the Republican Party, Trump isn't going to step down voluntarily, Republicans need to force the issue. when is, enough a enough? Waiting till the Democrats have enough votes is a serious mistake in my opinion, it will just reinforce the argument that Republicans will support lunatic in the White House, just so long as they are in there party. They need to do the right thing and remove the thorn from there side. Maybe once Trump is out of the way Pence can redeem the party and give them a shot at the White House in 2020 and the future.
More the reason to vote again for him.
Show us who is a republican and who's a republican't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Let's see... Obama was supported and elected by Dems in 2008. Once he was elected they lost over 1000 seats and flipped many states Red.

OP you are about 8 years late on who hurts what party.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:20 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Let's see... Obama was supported and elected by Dems in 2008. Once he was elected they lost over 1000 seats and flipped many states Red.

OP you are about 8 years late on who hurts what party.

I believe true. However, the odd thing is, elections happen every two years.

History will tell (unless you are one that denies historical facts).

Old 10-20-2017, 07:25 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I believe true. However, the odd thing is, elections happen every two years.

History will tell (unless you are one that denies historical facts).
I agree. We will find out over the next 2-6 years how Trump is doing. He could be a repeat of Obama but I don't believe he will.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:29 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
No, let them keep him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I agree.

They can keep him. He's their guy.
Yes. Republicans will own Trump’s legacy on America, the world. Let the GOP be labeled with him for all of history.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:20 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Yes. Republicans will own Trump’s legacy on America, the world. Let the GOP be labeled with him for all of history.
Trump is doing exactly what Republicans have been doing right along --lying, cheating, and stealing.

He's a prefect example of the party of gerrymandering, voter suppression, purging voter roles, "swift boating," ...

Working with Putin to undermine our elections is a new twist on an old Republican game.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:45 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post

And what exactly is that?

Old 10-20-2017, 10:47 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump is doing exactly what Republicans have been doing right along --lying, cheating, and stealing.

He's a prefect example of the party of gerrymandering, voter suppression, purging voter roles, "swift boating," ...

Working with Putin to undermine our elections is a new twist on an old Republican game.

Yes, that's the excuse Hillary uses to explain her loss. I'm glad you are buying it. It will encourage her to run again

Old 10-20-2017, 10:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I’m worried for the safety of the US. Trump is liable to send out a missle to N. Korea. Can’t trust this guy. He’s unstable.....
and you have determined this how? have you sat down with trump and properly psychoanalyzed him? have you even just talked to him? or are you relying on what the mainstream media is saying about him? a media that is fully biased against him, and would use every opportunity to misrepresent and even outright lie about him.

remember the mainstream media is in the pockets of the democrat party, and have been for more than 40 years, openly. since the nixon administration in fact. before that the media was still biased towards democrats that they liked, but were more subtle about it.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:22 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Trump is all talk and no action. He can't get any sort of policy off the ground because of his inexperience and unwillingness to work with others. Even if you agree with his ideas, he's the wrong guy the try and implement them. But at least he's improved his golf game while he's been president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies