Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:58 PM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nope down the street from you, is that where the Park is?
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 10:02 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Take a guess where much of the meth comes from, clue: be careful walking around in the county, if you smell a chemical smell get out of the area quick, Hillbilly Heroin make people crazy.
I know where alot of it comes from. Several years ago a house exploded close to where I live. Meth lab was in it. And this is 45 minutes west of Atlanta. Pills out here too.

But in Cobb County(next door to Atlanta) there is a heroin epidemic. Marijuana isn't the drug of choice for the homeless. I've mainly seen college students use it. I have seen needles on the ground in certain parts of Cobb County. Homeless camps in wooded areas. A fire broke out at a homeless camp one year. It was near a national park.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Yes.
Well there ya go, now you know where to find some.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know where alot of it comes from. Several years ago a house exploded close to where I live. Meth lab was in it. And this is 45 minutes west of Atlanta. Pills out here too.

But in Cobb County(next door to Atlanta) there is a heroin epidemic. Marijuana isn't the drug of choice for the homeless. I've mainly seen college students use it. I have seen needles on the ground in certain parts of Cobb County. Homeless camps in wooded areas. A fire broke out at a homeless camp one year. It was near a national park.
Correct. I live in the country, north east of Dallas, have had two meth labs raided since I moved out here 8 years ago and they are looking to raid another one very close by, the sooner the better. Saw the aftermath of one having blown up, was in a mobile home and all that was left was the frame, even took out a shed next door to the place, they worn hazmat suits to clean the area up. Sad that anyone would put that crap in their bodies, especial since most have seen first hand what it does to a person.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:12 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Not that I expect you to reply, even in your own Threads, since it is not your "style". But I will remind the faithful that Arizona is a RED State, so shouldn't they have the answer to such a simple issue?
Again with this idiotic "red state and blue state" nonsense. The fact is that either one has a significant number of the other, and in this case, 45% of the vote in Arizona went to Hillary in 2016.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Again with this idiotic "red state and blue state" nonsense. The fact is that either one has a significant number of the other, and in this case, 45% of the vote in Arizona went to Hillary in 2016.
Take it up with the OP, the Red State Blue State whine is their Whine, not mine. The Nation is Purple as you stated but that does not stop some from always attacking those they feel are their enemy, you seem to have missed my point, so be it.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:32 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Amazing, how suburbs such as Scottsdale, Gilbert and Fountain Hills keep their fantastic parks open with out the issues that Phoenix has.
For example, in the Republican suburb of Gilbert they have beautifully manicured parks that are litter free with none of the negative elements subjecting the town's residents to stresses that would make them uncomfortable.
Not amazing at all. Low crime suburbs with large number of owner occupied homes, and people with good jobs usually have plenty of bored cops who are ready, willing and able to herd cats (chase the homeless) all night. Urban areas put a lot more demands on Police and there usually aren't enough to deal with petty crime or loitering by the homeless. Red state, blue state, purple state..makes zero difference...it's the same in upper middle income suburban areas near San Francisco, they have lots of cops with nothing to do and that always results in fewer visible homeless.

I'm surprised that I even had to tell you that.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I am doing nothing but reminding the OP that just loves to ramble on about Blue States and Cities (which all major cities are) that AZ, where he lives, is a RED state, and as such should have resolved the issue if they actually have a resolution.
Agree with Casper on the point about the OP. It would be nice if OPs bring up the policy that they think is responsible and why.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:18 PM

3,850 posts, read 1,792,295 times
Its kinda sad that most of the posters (that responded) cannot have an actual conversation about what the OP is discussing in this thread. Most of the comments offer no solutions, no understanding of living amongst these type of individuals and no real care.

Look something has to be done about this. Parks are for all citizens to enjoy, but when the homeless take over it ruins it for everybody. I see it where I live and its a mess. The amount of trash that is always littered on the ground, the unpredictable people, general feeling of an unsafe atmosphere.

So what's causing it ? Rising housing costs, loss of jobs, the availability of drugs and addiction? Has our president talked about the issue?

I don't think its fair to people who live around this problem not to talk about it or think of how to address it.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:20 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not amazing at all. Low crime suburbs with large number of owner occupied homes, and people with good jobs usually have plenty of bored cops who are ready, willing and able to herd cats (chase the homeless) all night. Urban areas put a lot more demands on Police and there usually aren't enough to deal with petty crime or loitering by the homeless. Red state, blue state, purple state..makes zero difference...it's the same in upper middle income suburban areas near San Francisco, they have lots of cops with nothing to do and that always results in fewer visible homeless.

I'm surprised that I even had to tell you that.
Agreed. It's common sense. Because when you work for something and own it, you care about it more than if you were a renter who had no stake in the future value of that asset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies