Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 09:07 AM

37,224 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are you serious? Wow, you are out of touch!

Ever hear of Fusion GPS? Christopher Steele? Hillary and the DNC paid them to produce this "dossier" which has been shown to be false. Where have you been?
That was my question. Where has it been shown to be false? Steele met with Mueller and the information he provided is still being investigated.

Have you heard of the Washington Free Beacon? They are the ones who set the whole process in motion.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...on-free-beacon

Old 10-28-2017, 09:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
I find i strange they make the announcement and not say who it concerns, and that they won't do anything until Monday. Why not announce after the arrest.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:18 AM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I find i strange they make the announcement and not say who it concerns, and that they won't do anything until Monday. Why not announce after the arrest.
An arrest would likely only be made in case of drug charge, flight risk, that type of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Trump spotted going to his golf club in Virginia this morning, yet again. What are we at, 80 days of golf? For a man who said he'd be too busy to ever golf, he's set a new record.
Golf is work, golf is work...

Quote:
Believe what you want. A lot of people thought Comey should be fired because of his mishandling of the Clinton email investigation, his failure to recommend she be indicted (and there was clearly enough evidence against her), and other failures on his part. It had also been made known that his decision not to recommend indictment of Hillary angered a lot of people involved in the investigation. There was no basis for letting her off the hook except that he had a history of protecting the Clintons.

Simply put, Comey was not doing his job. He showed partiality, and poor judgement.
Poor judgement hell.

Comey and the Intelligence Community have been weaponized against the Trump Campaign and the Trump Administration... And whatever else we are finding out about this criminal and the folks controlling this Puppet of Justice™. ... I invented that.

James Comey! The POJ!

Old 10-28-2017, 09:18 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Trump spotted going to his golf club in Virginia this morning, yet again. What are we at, 80 days of golf? For a man who said he'd be too busy to ever golf, he's set a new record.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:19 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yes, he sure did. You must not have seen the papers that day.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation
Believe what you want. A lot of people thought Comey should be fired because of his mishandling of the Clinton email investigation, his failure to recommend she be indicted (and there was clearly enough evidence against her), and other failures on his part. It had also been made known that his decision not to recommend indictment of Hillary angered a lot of people involved in the investigation. There was no basis for letting her off the hook except that he had a history of protecting the Clintons.

Simply put, Comey was not doing his job. He showed partiality, and poor judgement. Rosenstein and others recommended he be fired. Ultimately, Trump said he had planned to fire him anyway. It's his choice. Comey was an Obama holdover, and had an obvious dislike of Trump. Why would you keep him?

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:
Old school media for the Sunday, what used to be more balanced discussion shows. Not the 24/7 church of politics member shows.

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
To see what the suspect might do, or let possible suspects sweat it out over the weekend.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
No, the "dossier" has not been shown to be totally false, just that a Republican source was the instigator and the Clinton campaign picked it up after the dropped out. Sen Burr (R- NC) already said parts of it have been corroborated, like Team Trump meeting with Russians for information on Clinton).

So at least the opposition research started out from Americans, not like Team Trump who went to foreigners and were ready to accept information from a foreign government (which is against election law - a campaign accepting something of value from foreign sources).

Ever bit of the Dossier has been debunked thoroughly. From Donald in a hotel room to some guy that has never ever been to Russia. It was all made up and the more lies included, the more Hillary and Wasserman Schultz paid for it. they are saying it cost the DNC and Hillary's Campaign 12 million now. No one lets go of 12 million unless they know what they are buying, no matter what lawyer privileges have been granted.

What is so damaging to our Republic is, it was used by our own government as a weapon against their enemy. Peoples Liberties, are the enemy of any government.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Trump admitted it twice:

Once to Ambassador Kislyak and Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov - “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.” Then he adds, “I’m not under investigation.”

And then to Lest Holt on national television: "And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won."

This among various other statements made stating other reasons, so it seems as time went on, other excuses evolved, just as they did during the Dopey Jr. statement that changed 4 times in 3 days, which ultimately turned out to be a lie from the start. When presented with a pattern of behavior, it's safe to say that pattern or behavior can be applied to other statements on the same subjects.
And as it turns out, he was right. It was a made up story. Bought and paid for by Hillary and the DNC.

But the important point here is that he did not call for an end of the investigation, which he, as President, had the authority to do. So that kind of takes the wind out of your sails.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:

Simply put, Comey was not doing his job. He showed partiality, and poor judgement. Rosenstein and others recommended he be fired. Ultimately, Trump said he had planned to fire him anyway. It's his choice. Comey was an Obama holdover, and had an obvious dislike of Trump. Why would you keep him?

Tell it to this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTus5rU6J8I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.