Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 07:09 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Right. It's about Mannafort and Flynn--and more. Once this investigation gets going, a lot of them will be brought down. This will be a true draining of the swamp.

I think 2018 will be a terrible but interesting year and Trump will survive it by bullying, firing people, possibly starting a war to take the heat off himself. If he starts war with N. Korea I think the Republicans will finally turn against him and he won't last until the end of his term.

But if that happens, will any of us last until what should have been the end of his term??

I think if Trump does all of the above, assuming we escape nuclear war by the grace of God, impeachment would be a given. Either that, or he'd be booted out for mental incompetence.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:11 PM

37,212 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The fact that the indictment exists is also sealed. I've posted the RCP, about that, twice.
True, and whoever leaked its existence is liable to be arrested, if anyone ever takes the time, effort, and expense to go after them. There are quite possibly a few hundred people who knew it existed, however. It could be anyone of them, or a hunch bet that someone made. I doubt seriously anyone will ever know except the leaker and the CNN contact.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:24 PM

23,599 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Anyone involved other than the defendants and their attorneys at THIS point ARE absolutely part of the "Muller camp" as you call them and it is most certainly a crime to leak such information. You jump wayyyy ahead of yourself and the "reports" when you start claiming all the people involved at this point.

That's the problem with these generic leaks, people extrapolate,insert their own biased opinions and just flat out "guess" way,way too much.
Exactly!!

The only people that should know about the indictment is .. Mueller, a select portion of his team, the members of the grand jury, the judge and the court clerk. At this time it may be possible that the head of the FBI may know, and, a select handful of agents, who may be the ones that will be picking up the defendants, who may know that there is an indictment, just not who it is yet. Seems that not even the people who might be named on that indictment or their lawyers know who it is.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Paul Manafort and Rick Bates, with a 3rd person to be indicted tomorrow. The 3 will turn themselves in, in the morning.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The truth of the matter is they actually support Russian interference in our elections. They have no respect for democracy, or the democratic process. Trumpers are cancerous to democracy and need to be excised.
I'd have far more respect for that type of lunacy thinking if you had one ounce of concern over the deal to sell Uranium to Russia

Old 10-29-2017, 07:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
One thing I don't get about this. If the point is to turn some low level people for testimony against the higher ups, wouldn't that be done BEFORE indictments on them are authorized? As in 'you turn state's witness against so and so and we won't bring charges sort of thing?'

Once charges are brought then the genie is out of the bottle. And people of that political experience level know their goose is cooked either way so best to take chances of keeping their mouths shut.

Don't know, just me. And I have never been in that rarified air to be smart on the subject.
Not always.. often times you will indict someone who wont cooperate, in order to "scare" them into turning, with an agreement that charges will be withdrawn at a later date in time, if the information you then turn around and provide, is accurate and useful to nab the bigger fish.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:34 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'd have far more respect for that type of lunacy thinking if you had one ounce of concern over the deal to sell Uranium to Russia
Cool story. Except nobody sold any uranium to Russia. #TheMoreYouKnow

Old 10-29-2017, 07:36 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
If it's Kushner or Donnie Jr, I wonder if Trump will try to fire Mueller.

Kelly's going to be working hard tomorrow babysitting the crazy president and trying to control him.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

Kelly's going to be working hard tomorrow babysitting the crazy president and trying to control him.

Paul Manafort, Rick Bates and a 3rd person to turn themselves in tomorrow morning and all will be released to prepare a defense. And it has nothing to do with Russia.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:40 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

I think Kelly is going to throw in the towel soon. I am sure he is tired of romper room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies