Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would be the most effective at curbing America’s gun violence?
More guns in the hands of more people 92 41.44%
Less guns in the hands of less people 130 58.56%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 09:57 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
That's just the thing.

The demonization of firearms has caused many to fear them for no other reason than what's being aired on the news.

The hypocrisy that exists is.
Liberals condemn conservatives when they want stricter immigration laws to preserve jobs for Americans and stand on their soap boxes like chuck Schumer and condemn anyone who questions a certain religion "you can't base the actions of one to judge them all"

Yet, I and thousands if not millions own the same exact weapon that was used...
And we haven't killed anyone yet... we're lumped in the same category as these scumbags like Lanza, Paddock, today's scumbag and Dylan Roof etc etc etc...

Interesting isn't it...

So how come you can be prejudiced to a particular firearm and their owners, based on the actions of a handful of scumbags...but you can't be prejudiced against (insert darling groups liberals champion for) based on the actions of a handful of scumbags?

Now who is it that is living in fear do you think?

Those that carry firearms, or those that don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 09:58 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

I carry a firearm and I will admit I fear getting attacked, why else would I carry it??

Old 11-05-2017, 09:59 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Common sense that more guns =more shootings, just like more cars = more car accidents and auto deaths.

That being said, banning either would be futile, best thing you can do is regulate them both.
What operates the gun? A person.
What operates the car? A person.

Cars and guns are machines. They're inanimate objects. In the wrong hands can be chaotic and lead to deaths.

Where cars and guns are relevant...
Outrage over fatalities only revolve around deaths from firearms.

Major pile up because someone caused it changing lanes while on a cell phone? No big deal.
Major pile up because someone doesn't know how to drive in inclement weather? No big deal. Unless it's involving children.

Children seem to be the common denominator on every feel good ban and restriction like ATVs... Lawn Darts. Firearms. Etc.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:00 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
I carry a firearm and I will admit I fear getting attacked, why else would I carry it??

Precisely.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:01 PM

10,755 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Okay your posts get ever more surreal....

Guess what else wasn't forseen by the founding fathers? Advances in assault weapons such as we have today.
Actually, the founding fathers allowed for private citizens to own, possess, and utilize wmd’s (in addition to assault weapons). Your lack of historical knowledge is telling, and it seriously dampers your credibility in this discussion.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:01 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Quote:

Cars and guns are machines. They're inanimate objects. In the wrong hands can be chaotic and lead to deaths.

Major pile up because someone caused it changing lanes while on a cell phone? No big deal.
Major pile up because someone doesn't know how to drive in inclement weather? No big deal. Unless it's involving children.

Children seem to be the common denominator on every feel good ban and restriction like ATVs... Lawn Darts. Firearms. Etc.
You could extend that lack of logic to everything. Nukes are inanimate objects too. You suggesting there should be no regulation of any arms? That is bonkers.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:

Those that don't. That's their decision. Don't like them, don't buy them. Simple as that.
Selfish isn't doing for yourself for your benefit. Selfish is making others do for yourself for your benefit.

Can own firearms or not. That's your choice.

Don't go pushing your will onto others. Simple as that.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:04 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,283 times
Quote:

Wrong, when cars are involved they almost always blame alcohol or drugs (which are banned)

People blame car accidents on texting all the time as well, that's why it's illegal in many areas, so you are wrong.

I have a car, I have a gun, and I consume alcohol, but I'm not naive or ignorant enough to think that more of those things don't increase accidents or deaths, that is just common sense man.

Texting could be to blame for PA car accident | The Law Offices of Gismondi & Associates

Police blame alcohol in 2-car crash: North Olmsted police blotter | cleveland.com

Quote:
Those that don't. That's their decision. Don't like them, don't buy them. Simple as that.
Selfish isn't doing for yourself for your benefit. Selfish is making others do for yourself for your benefit.

Can own firearms or not. That's your choice.

Don't go pushing your will onto others. Simple as that.
Have no desire to take your guns away, just stating a fact. Stating a fact is not pushing my will.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
You could extend that lack of logic to everything. Nukes are also inanimate objects too. You suggesting there should be no regulation of any arms? That is bonkers.
Ahh I see you can only stick to false equivalencies and projection. The only thing a liberal is good at. Tell me when did I advocate or suggest the private citizen shall have a nuke? The second amendment was written for arms relevant to the common marine/infantry soldier. I have alot of friends who were infantry. They didn't have access to nukes...

Oh!

How'd that link work for ya?

Old 11-05-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Streets are gun free zones and it doesn't stop drive by shootings.
That depends on the state. There are states where it is perfectly legal to carry open while walking on a sidewalk.
It's perfectly legal to carry concealed while driving as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies