Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,415,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I find it comforting that the governmnent still seems to fear us. This the reason for the ID system. BTW it eventually will not be a RFID chip in your wallet. It will be an RFID chip in your butt!
you and me both. As long as they DO fear us, we can make changes as a people. The day they no longer fear the people of the U.S will be the begining of the end of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,415,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
If you have nothing to hide why do you care? We haven't had an attack on US soil in 7 years!!! Do you know how amazing that is considering how porous our borders are and how many people want to kill us? The reason more Americans aren't dead is because of the laws you say are unjust. For all you pot head liberals who have something to hide, suck it up, people's lives are at stake. Go move to Cuba or France and smoke pot and collect your welfare checks. The hard working americans here who will sacrifice a little to fight terrorism aren't going away anytime soon.
I care because I am an American, I care because the government has no business in my life. They do not need to know who I call, where I go, what I do in my personal life. The constitution gives me many liberties that I will Never give up, not even at the hands of terrorists, Who want us to loose our rights.

Never give up, Never Give in.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:49 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,756,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
Dude, my phone was a joke. When I bought it being untraceable was the last thing on my mind. I just didn't want to get stuck in a contract. Honestly no political motives. Forget about it.
But you do put yourself at risk because 911 can't find you.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:39 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,396 times
Default Finally A good debate

For all the reasons of liberty and freedom I will fight this ID card. We all know the reasons they will want the ID card to fight terrorism, and the make government bigger. The bigger you make government it will be to strong and the day your freedoms are gone you would be able to get them back. They will use this card for all money transactions and then turn it off so you can't buy anything if they consider you a threat to the system.

Those who trade security for freedom will end up with neither. - ben franklin

Old 03-21-2008, 06:53 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,396 times
I'll give you another reason why I dont want a national ID card... social security CARD.
We all have a social secuirty card, and we have illegal immgrants using them of people who are dead. WE have submitted taxes to the IRS via social secuirty and just look at how they punish those who disagree with the income tax. Do you think it's unamerican to not want to pay an income tax which only pays for the INTEREST on the DEBT to the FED. I think it's more unamerican to tax my labor. Why did we even have the revolution to only revert back to europe british rule type government. America is over taxed over regulated and freedom is allow with THEIR EXCEPTION!. That is not freedom and liberty if you think it is move to another country where you believe the government owns you labor, income, person liberty, eroding rights. That is what america has become. For all those who say the national id card is for terrorism... when was the last time we secured the borders. For those who wish security this national id card is the biggest lie told to the American people. This will just make another underground criminal project to make for fake ids and bribs and those who are here illegally that are terrorist will just be here to kill americans not work. They will pay with cash and get around the system as they always do. Maybe you would have as all have regular examines of our homes by the government to make sure we aren't building bombs. Also maybe those who want the national id card would like cameras put in your home to make sure your not a terrorist. AFTER ALL we need to be safe right and make sure the government is on top of the issues.

Last edited by LibertyandJusticeforAll; 03-21-2008 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: more

Old 03-21-2008, 06:57 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,754,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
Real ID? Just Say No | Politics | New West Network

This new ID will be required to fly, enter federal buildings, and to board Amtrak among other things. This ID will have a chip, so "they" can find you whenever they want.
Yeah...right. Even if most states weren't fighting this, it's pretty easy to subvert something like that without damaging it:

Lead Foil

Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
So do I have this right? The CURRENT government wants these tattoos..er, uh, ID chips?

Isn't this really big REALLY BIG government ?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:22 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,366 times
I also fail to see how the Real ID would prevent any terrorist activity. As I understand it, everyone legally in the country will recieve the "tamper proof" card with a chip embedded in it. This card would be needed to board a plane, and used for other purposes.

Obviously suspected terrorists who are supposedly not allowed in our country, and are placed on a "no fly list" are not able to board planes. But the problem here is, known terrorists, like Bin Laden and others, do not carry out terrorists attacks.

The terrorists that do the dirty work typically come into a nation through student visas. At this point the US government has shown no interest in reducing the number of student visas awarded to states who sponsor terrorism. So the terrorists who are out to get America will still apply for and be granted a student visa to live temporarily in the US, typically for a few years, or enough time to earn a degree. Those here on student visas undoubtedly need flying privileges to go back home for visits, etc. Those here legally on the visa program will have to recieve a national ID card. That national ID can be used to board a plane, and initiate a terrorist attack, by a low level Al Qaeda operative with no record that would bar him from US entry and flight privileges.

So my questions to those who support the Real ID act is this: Who are these ID cards really intended for? Who's liberty is being invaded here? Is this really going to stop a potential terrorist attack?

Get real, Osama Bin Laden is not going to try to board a United States aircraft. Some nondescript, unkown terrorist will, one who has abided by the laws of the country and who has a national ID card. It's control by way of false security. Don't be duped.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
The terriorists will just find another way to do it..just like all the other criminals.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:24 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
The most terrifying thing in the world to a plutocratic oligharcy is a free people that cannot be tracked or controlled. The universal ID has nothing to do with controlling imported terrorists but a lot to do with controlling internal opposition. Like us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies