Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2017, 07:42 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Libs don't have a clue, not only about weapons.........I'm talking life in general.
Really? Life. Life in general, seems like there are people that don't care about other people's lives. That old saying, "live and let live." I think it's time responsible gun owners wake up and think about innocent lives that have been cut short, because some maniac that does not give a rat's arse kills, because they can.

The NRA needs to take responsibility and quit paying gun manufacturers and lobbying for more gun rights, instead of at least trying to stop the carnage in our country by enforcing gun laws.

The NRA, seems to be about plain greed. Big company, spinning and making big bucks off of people by spreading more fear and hatred in our country.

This is a tragedy and an epidemic in our country, don't you think?

Life, is the reason I think there should be better laws. Of course this is all just my poor humble opinion.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:42 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what you do before they became so popular ?
There have been similar guns around for 100 years or so.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:43 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
call it what you want- IDIOTS with them -kill a lot of kids
Yes, they do, especially when alcohol is involved. In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving accidents: https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe...factsheet.html
Death by assault weapon compromises about 2%: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b015db1bc8c123

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Idiots with cars kill a lot more kids.
Yes, they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
You have to pass a test to get a license to drive a car. The purpose of a car is transportation not death.
Many drive without a license, especially illegal aliens, they tend to "hit and run" here either because they were drunk or because of their illegal alien status. Purpose doesn't matter, outcome does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
Bolded text is incorrect..... But there is a process to change the Constitution. If this process is followed then I will live with the outcome.
Libs aren't into "process" generally, just whining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
^^^^^Nice anti Christian, anti American rant. Address the actions of criminals, not the inanimate object the criminal uses. It could be a gun, car, truck, bomb, or anything. Do not take my RIGHT of gun ownership away due to your emotional "feelings". Should I not be able to protect myself, and family from harm?
I was horrified looking at the murder totals to see the number of murders using different types of "approaches": Homicide Data by Weapon - Marginal REVOLUTION If you want to kill someone, or a bunch of someones, it would not be that difficult to find a way. It is my understanding that making a bomb from instructions from youtube is quite easy as is making a weapon of your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The thread was about civilian uses and not military.
That is the scary part and leans toward the reason that we do not want to limit civilians when it comes to the 2nd Amendment:

The Second Amendment: The Framers' Intentions At this time, there is a force that is trying to remove weapons from Americans, inch by inch, to make Americans more amicable to globalism. They using people that, well aren't that bright, and who gobble up any little story they are fed without knowing any facts. Sad as it is, lazy Americans who refuse to think for themselves are becoming all too common.

I suspect they no longer teach history as to avoid making people aware of the mistakes made in the past.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...211-story.html "Why banning assault rifles won't reduce gun violence." and from there, we will see more types of guns banned, and from there............ And then, this will be us: A Little Gun History Lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Comparing cars to assault rifles? You lose.
Assault rifles are responsible for about 2% of the murders/deaths. In 2015, 38,300 died in auto related deaths. Again, alcohol-related deaths in just one year were over 10,000, so to make it safer, let's ban alcohol. Oh, wait, those that use alcohol wouldn't think that would be fair, because they don't drink and drive and shouldn't be punished because the minority that have their hands on alcohol do that.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:45 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Law should dictate people who want to carry firearms need to attend a yearly safety course and fire and pass a 60 round PPC.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:45 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Libs don't have a clue, not only about weapons.........I'm talking life in general.
HA HA HA HA too funny- I don't have the words for this farcical post

Old 11-08-2017, 07:46 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Why would one need that kind of gun to shoot cans? Yes, it is my business. We have a serious gun problem in this country and until we face it head on - nothing will change. You may not care but lots of Americans do.
Well, in which case, don't come to my range when I am shooting. You may not like how I present myself to the paper man.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:48 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Law should dictate people who want to carry firearms need to attend a yearly safety course and fire a 60 round PPC.
So the state can restrict the availability of courses, limit the students and then charge them for the privilege? Just more control nonsense while picking our pockets. You feel you need training, go get you some.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:49 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And what do you plan to do with it ? Hunt ? Target Practice ?

That is what I do with mine. The AR-15 is a very accurate target rifle, and good hunting platform. You can change uppers for different calibers, and tailor it for the specific game you are hunting, from small game to deer. The AR-15 uses a small, .22 caliber varmint round, but again you can get them in various calibers.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:56 AM

764 posts, read 235,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Really? Life. Life in general, seems like there are people that don't care about other people's lives. That old saying, "live and let live." I think it's time responsible gun owners wake up and think about innocent lives that have been cut short, because some maniac that does not give a rat's arse kills, because they can.

The NRA needs to take responsibility and quit paying gun manufacturers and lobbying for more gun rights, instead of at least trying to stop the carnage in our country by enforcing gun laws.

The NRA, seems to be about plain greed. Big company, spinning and making big bucks off of people by spreading more fear and hatred in our country.

This is a tragedy and an epidemic in our country, don't you think?

Life, is the reason I think there should be better laws. Of course this is all just my poor humble opinion.
The accepted number of members of the NRA is over 5 million. Those people use the NRA for political influence like many other interests use other organizations. End lobbying for everyone and you will get your wish.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:58 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
That is what I do with mine. The AR-15 is a very accurate target rifle, and good hunting platform. You can change uppers for different calibers, and tailor it for the specific game you are hunting, from small game to deer. The AR-15 uses a small, .22 caliber varmint round, but again you can get them in various calibers.
That is what these people don't understand. In basic function, the AR 15 is no different than the semi-auto 22 Marlin or J C Higgins that Sears sold for years and was delivered by mail. I started shooting one when I was about 6 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies