Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2017, 09:03 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
We can't own the same weapons as the military, if the weapon in question has fully automatic fie as an option and was made after 1986. In bolt action or semi-automatic, we can, all the way up to rifles that fire 20mm Vulcan rounds.

So for volume of fire, military still wins. For anti-material and area of effect, military wins. For air, armored, and indirect artillery support, military still wins. Only place a civilian comes anywhere close is single shot or semi-automatic small arms.

Hardly what I'd call average citizen owning military grade weapons.
You can legally own a machine gun in accordance to the 1934 NFA. In this case an individual has to do the following:
Pay a $200 tax
Fill out an application to register your gun
Provide photographs
Passport photos
Get your chief law enforcement official to sign your application
Go though a background check

Last edited by RayinAK; 11-08-2017 at 09:13 PM..

Old 11-08-2017, 09:24 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
An AR 15 will not fire 300 rounds per minute. Mine sure won't anyway. At any rate, 'm going to satisfy you and a few other posters about something. I don't just sound angry. I am angry. Boiling, red rage. also carry around a coal black hatred. Blacker than the bottom of a mine shaft. This is for the bi pedal, humanoid but not human animals that prowl our streets looking for victims to satisfy their lusts and craving for a feeling of power. They attack and brtutalize their victims, (small women in large, dark places late at night are favored prey) taunting, feeding their noxious needs by instilling fear and letting their victims know they are helpless and nobody is going to help them. Sometimes these fleabags hunt in pairs or threes.

Oh yes, anger and black hatred are my own, personal, pet demons. When they get together to play they get hard to control. They don't play nice. If the occasion ever arises again where I am faced with one or more of the described animals I'm going to let them off the leash.

Have any experience with these animals? Ever run up against any face to face? Up close like? Meh, no need to answer. I think I already know the answer. If you had, and AR 15, a 45 caliber hand gun or a short barreled 12 gauge shotgun would not feel like enough. Even if you had all three within reach at once.

There aren't enough bullets on Earth that you could fire into these verminous scum that would make them be dead enough. The worst part about these low forms of life? It's not you or me that they come upon and attack. Oh no. It's someone we love. Someone we love dearly, who is not as capable as we might be. Or so it might seem to the twisted beasts anyway. If we've done our due diligence that seemingly helpless prey can flare out like a cobra.

These predators also have a stalking tactic of following a would be victim home sometimes. An attack might not be a target of opportunity. They may well know exactly who they are stalking, at least well enough to know their habits. In such a case that 12 ga or M4 might well be a VERY feel good item.

Thing is this world is plumb full of evil, twisted and rank predators. How we choose and what we have on hand to defend against that ain't nobody's business but our own. What sort of weapon we "need" is our business and so long as we are within the law with them what someone else thinks about our choices natters not at all.

Oh, folks who think otherwise have that right. But only to their thoughts. And I would ask them a favor. If their going to mess their pants about things,(which some are wont to do) please do so downwind.
I love this post so frigging much !!!

Old 11-09-2017, 01:18 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Hey, I was asking a question. It may of been loaded (no pun intended-HA) but it is apropos. I don't understand the gun culture in this country. I go by facts, stats, AND emotion. You go more by emotion.

I sense a lot of pent up anger in your response to me. Based on your response to me, you are someone that should not be carrying. What happens when someone cuts in front of you at the grocery store? Cuts you off with their truck? I'm guessing you'd pull your piece out on me b/c I insult you. Yes?

I understand I am putting my hand in a hornets nest by questioning the gun owners. I'm just fed up with all the killing. It is a symptom of a sick society. I just want us to heal. Sorry if that offends you. Cheers!
As I said, don't put words in my mouth.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:30 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You can legally own a machine gun in accordance to the 1934 NFA. In this case an individual has to do the following:
Pay a $200 tax
Fill out an application to register your gun
Provide photographs
Passport photos
Get your chief law enforcement official to sign your application
Go though a background check
All true, but with the 1986 ban on newly made, and imported full autos the supply is static, and limited, as you can't make new ones. Therefore supply, and demand has dictated their astronomical prices. A full auto capable rifle now start around $25,000, and goes up from there. The prices go up every year. Most people can not afford these, so they have become solely the realm of collectors, and the rich.

Last edited by Pilot1; 11-09-2017 at 02:49 AM..

Old 11-09-2017, 01:35 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
As I said, don't put words in my mouth.
He's projecting his own fears, and insecurities about having a gun onto you. If someone cuts him off in traffic he'd be tempted to pull again, but 99.9999% of legal gun owners would NEVER think of doing anything like that. Emotional libs without any discipline, especially with firearms? Maybe they would. Obviously they can not be trusted with a gun.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:35 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Really!!! Where? I already own an AR15, but I would love to have a actual Assault rifle with selective fire.

RR
Why? Want to kill people do you?

Old 11-09-2017, 01:59 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All true, but with the 1986 ban on newly made, and imported full autos the simply is static, and limited, as you can't make new ones. Therefore supply, and demand has dictated their astronomical prices. A full auto capable rifle now start around $25,000, and goes up from there. The prices go up every year. Most people can not afford these, so they have become solely the realm of collectors, and the rich.

Exactly:

Which was the very reason I started a poll to have the Machine Gun Registry opened to new firearms:

Should the closed Machine Gun Registry be opened to include Machine Guns manufactured after May 1986?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:11 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
think a little historical trivia might be in order. It's not really trivial though. Through the entire history of this nation the citizens have had the rifles that the US military uses. Handguns as well. These firearms were distributed and widely available through the CMP. However the firearms available through the CMP now have stagnated at WW2 era guns. And they have dried up. The CMP has been quietly gutted.

If the program was working as intended M14s and 16s, in semi auto trim, would be available. The CMP needs to be rejuvenated. At any rate these rifles are available commercially, albeit a bit more expensively than they should be, so people own them. The AR platform is current military issue so this is the most popular rifle. No surprise. This is in keeping with our tradition.

The police are also using such rifles quite heavily, so citizens having them is quite in keeping with as it should be. Now, the biggest threat we face today is not from foreign invasion or government coup in terms of self defense and militia. The threat is criminal, and these criminals are organized, well funded and very well armed. And they don't recognize semi auto only restrictions. They have the real thing.

It's really interesting how so many people are so afraid of rapid fire ability. Truthfully, someone with an M1 Garand (which is semi auto only but only holds 8 rounds) could do far more damage with aimed fire than someone with an AR spraying from the hip or just aimlessly (literally) about. Which is what these wack jobs tend to do.

One round fired does not equal a hit every time. Way back when a guy climbed a bell tower on a TX campus with a bolt action hunting rifle. He did a lot of damage. Look folks, we are , always have been and always will be an armed nation. Some folks don't like that but it's a fact. An armed citizenry is necessary. In the places where disarming the citizens has been policy, in our major urban areas especially the inner cities, criminal gangs now govern. The honest people, of whom there are more than the criminals, have to eat dinner laying on their floors and the kids have to crawl to the bathroom.

If this isn't a case where militia is needed please point out a more glaring one we are facing currently. This is a prime example of what happens when you take away peoples 2A rights. How's that working out? People need to be able to fight back against oppression, and that's just what these criminal gangs are. Oppression. In order to be able to fight back people need access to proper equipment. The current issue rifle is the M16/M4. OK, so we the people are limited to semi auto trim for these rifles. Fine. But now these phobics want to take that option.

Please. Go and void your bladders and bowels in your pants downwind and get a grip. The US is an armed nation. There's no changing that. So I suggest that if folks want to "do something" obtain a proper weapon and be an honest citizen. Little hint, we outnumber the bad guys. But if we are unarmed we are little more than a herd of sheep waiting for a mountain lion to jump in the pen.
"People need to be able to fight back against oppression, and that's just what these criminal gangs are. Oppression. In order to be able to fight back people need access to proper equipment"

most on the inner cories CANNOT fight back legally.

The cheap "Saturday night specials" aren't made anymore.

When Bill Clinton first started talking about the so called "assault" weapon ban", prices have gone up.

Everytime some big politician, Sen Diane Fienstein, talks about "gun control" and confiscation, prices go up.

Hell, when Obama started talking about ANOTHER so-called "assault weapon" ban prices went up and we had a run on ammo.

Many of the same liberals who who say they are for "helping" the minorities in thee inner cities and the poor blacks can't AFFORD to get a photo ID, etc., are the SAME ONES who have caused the prices of guns o to up so the same poor blacks CAN'T afford a gun for family protection.

So, what do they do, they buy them off the street. Probably a stolen one from some honest gun owner.

Many talk out of both sides of their mouths!

Old 11-09-2017, 05:13 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why? Want to kill people do you?
There are thousands of true fully auto select fire "assault rifles" in the US.

How many times has a person been killed with one in the last 20 years?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:22 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,951 times
Quote:
An AR 15 will not fire 300 rounds per minute. Mine sure won't anyway. At any rate, 'm going to satisfy you and a few other posters about something. I don't just sound angry. I am angry. Boiling, red rage. also carry around a coal black hatred. Blacker than the bottom of a mine shaft. This is for the bi pedal, humanoid but not human animals that prowl our streets looking for victims to satisfy their lusts and craving for a feeling of power. They attack and brtutalize their victims, (small women in large, dark places late at night are favored prey) taunting, feeding their noxious needs by instilling fear and letting their victims know they are helpless and nobody is going to help them. Sometimes these fleabags hunt in pairs or threes.

Oh yes, anger and black hatred are my own, personal, pet demons. When they get together to play they get hard to control. They don't play nice. If the occasion ever arises again where I am faced with one or more of the described animals I'm going to let them off the leash.

Have any experience with these animals? Ever run up against any face to face? Up close like? Meh, no need to answer. I think I already know the answer. If you had, and AR 15, a 45 caliber hand gun or a short barreled 12 gauge shotgun would not feel like enough. Even if you had all three within reach at once.

There aren't enough bullets on Earth that you could fire into these verminous scum that would make them be dead enough. The worst part about these low forms of life? It's not you or me that they come upon and attack. Oh no. It's someone we love. Someone we love dearly, who is not as capable as we might be. Or so it might seem to the twisted beasts anyway. If we've done our due diligence that seemingly helpless prey can flare out like a cobra.

These predators also have a stalking tactic of following a would be victim home sometimes. An attack might not be a target of opportunity. They may well know exactly who they are stalking, at least well enough to know their habits. In such a case that 12 ga or M4 might well be a VERY feel good item.

Thing is this world is plumb full of evil, twisted and rank predators. How we choose and what we have on hand to defend against that ain't nobody's business but our own. What sort of weapon we "need" is our business and so long as we are within the law with them what someone else thinks about our choices natters not at all.

Oh, folks who think otherwise have that right. But only to their thoughts. And I would ask them a favor. If their going to mess their pants about things,(which some are wont to do) please do so downwind.
This reads like a Coen Bros movie that I wouldn't mind watching, but I don't want it in a church outside San Antonio, in an elementary school in Newtown CT, or from a perch above a crowd of concert goers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies