Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 07:09 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Me too!

I hope he stops embarrassing our nation. So far so good this time around.
Lets say, it all goes well, then what will you and all the others say about him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 07:12 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Great speech. So professional and presidential. "Don't underestimate us and do not try us" - threats by a POTUS are so useful and a great way to promote unity and peace. Yeah, great speech if your think schoolyard bullying tactics are what makes America great again.
Firm language is often all that works. Better than pretending it isn't happening like past Presidents. Buying peaceful resolution has not worked in the past.

The constant derision of our President is in large part the reason others are testing us. Showing such division and weakness in the face of these threats makes those that threaten us feel confident of taking over our country.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:28 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Dude???? Really, you don't think they wine and dine other visiting diplomats?

Maybe, so, however, why would they treat him nasty? Or anyone else for that matter?
China is giving him more elaborate treatment than any other president. In itself that is fine, but I have to wonder why he did a 180 on China....from they're "raping" our Country to being our great trading partner.

It all goes to motivations. What drives Trump? Why the 180? I can understand getting China's cooperation with NK and some deals for US companies, but to completely reverse himself in public like that is unusual for someone that had such a strident position.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:38 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump has made a complete 180 turn on China. During the campaign he swore up and down he would get tough on China and impose massive taxes on imports, but today he groveled before them and said whatever he could to appease and praise them. What happened to this guy?
I know, right? All that tough talk about China this and China that, during the campaign and afterward, then suck up to them on their home turf.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
China is giving him more elaborate treatment than any other president. In itself that is fine, but I have to wonder why he did a 180 on China....from they're "raping" our Country to being our great trading partner.

It all goes to motivations. What drives Trump? Why the 180? I can understand getting China's cooperation with NK and some deals for US companies, but to completely reverse himself in public like that is unusual for someone that had such a strident position.
yes, I wonder why also, but, it may not be for any other reason, than he is trying to bring good foreign relations with foreign countries....or it could be something else, that we'll never know about....Trump is no body's fool, he may have the lousiest diplomacy when it comes to public speaking on God's green earth, however, he still possesses a kindness, and concern for people...yes, he's rich and powerful and realistically I bet he is a bully, when he doesn't get his way, but, at the end of the day, he still has advisers that have been helping him, and I have seen a change in him since the debates...so....what ever it's worth, he is always saying kind words about people...in public, always....and when someone attacks him, like a big baby he attacks them back, which isn't right....but he does so....

We can't have it all....
for me, the jury is still out, but so far, I like what he's been doing, and sure do enjoy seeing my 401(k) building up, that's for sure, have never seen that happen for so long before...so, he must be doing something right....

Old 11-09-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
yeah, he did, your right, and how many times have we all said one thing about someone, or something and when we sat down with the culprit and discussed the issues at hand, like adults, did we find out we were maybe wrong?
You can't compare the president to everyday people. The president have a team of people around him to inform him, and to do their homework on the issue, find out the facts. Most of us don't have that team of people around us to guide and direct us.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Lets say, it all goes well, then what will you and all the others say about him?
We'll say, wow, isn't it amazing that Trump acted and sounded like a responsible adult?

And isn't it sad that that's the benchmark we have for our president? That behaving in a responsible manner is cause for awe and celebration?

Old 11-09-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
China knew to how stroke his ego. Praise him, shower him with singing children throwing roses at him and treat him like the would-be dictator he desires to be, and he will fold like a cheap hooker.

Trump is easy to read and manipulate. No big secret here.
I agree, show him love and praise him, then he will tell you what you want to hear.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You can't compare the president to everyday people. The president have a team of people around him to inform him, and to do their homework on the issue, find out the facts. Most of us don't have that team of people around us to guide and direct us.
I'm not comparing him to every day people and I've said many times, he's got many advisers around him, coaching him, and even said, b/c of them, I've noticed changes in him, but at the end of the day, he is still human, isn't he?

the poor guy just doesn't have a filter....it's pathetic....

I've said this many times, I had a boss, just like him, he was a pain in the butt, always bragging, always buying the best that money could by, for his class of rich...and he had no filter what so ever, but, he also had a good heart, to a point, and yet, every decision, he made, was for his behalf....and he'd get LOL, really pissed off if you told him in so many words he was wrong.
But, he also had a good side, and so does Trump, Trump is to a degree a very warm person, especially if he knows you like him...and I believe he is also generous.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We'll say, wow, isn't it amazing that Trump acted and sounded like a responsible adult?
It's amazing what the combination of sedatives, speech writers and tele-prompters can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies