Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:57 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,118 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnj9L-Pkx8

Trump fans will claim this is fake news, even though there is a video of him making the comment, or they'll just bring up Obama or Hillary.

MAGA!!!

Old 11-08-2017, 01:00 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
His ignorance about basic things is one of the reasons some of his supporters like him so much. It makes them feel like he's one of them.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:01 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Again, if words are so embarrassing to you, you need to grow a thicker skin. Who cares. He's the president. That's not going to change. What matters are the laws that go through the congress, not what he says. What are you going to do about it? Maybe run a better candidate than Hillary Clinton next election.

This last election was one of those "what if" scenarios where if there was multiple universes with multiple outcomes, we could easily have had 4 or 5 different presidents depending on which parallel universe you live in.

My first choice of them all would have been Sanders.. but meh, this universe chose Trump. Whatever. They all had their flaws.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,653 posts, read 16,142,781 times
TDS thread of the day

Old 11-08-2017, 01:04 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
His ignorance about basic things is one of the reasons some of his supporters like him so much. It makes them feel like he's one of them.
This is the ugly side to the "I can have a beer with the President" appeal that Bush had.

It's one thing to have an approachable or relatable President...but it's another thing to want an ignorant one. Come on, this should be basic stuff that anyone should know - let alone the leader of the USA.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:05 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
I won't bring up Obama or Hillary but I will say that the media is known to edit or rearrange things that are said to make someone look like a fool. Trump can do this all on his own without any help.

CNN made him look like a real impatient oaf when they edited the footage of him dumping the box of fish food into the koi pond. What we didn't see is that Trump was following the lead of the Japanese prime minister that had just dumped his box in. But of course showing that would reduce the impact of the doctored footage making Trump look like a fool.

Can I just mention Obama? He once said that he had visited 57 states with one to go but he was not allowed to go to Alaska or Hawaii ? Oh well.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...9&action=click

Old 11-08-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Again, if words are so embarrassing to you, you need to grow a thicker skin. Who cares. He's the president. That's not going to change. What matters are the laws that go through the congress, not what he says. What are you going to do about it? Maybe run a better candidate than Hillary Clinton next election.
I care that our President is an idiot, yes he won but he's still an idiot.

Why am I not surprised that you throw out Hillary as a defense of his ignorance.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
This is precisely why we care. And yes, what he says matters, particularly at an international level. Laws that might happen to be enacted while he is in office are not the only things that matter.

Why are you talking about HRC?

Old 11-08-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I won't bring up Obama or Hillary but I will say that the media is known to edit or rearrange things that are said to make someone look like a fool. Trump can do this all on his own without any help.

CNN made him look like a real impatient oaf when they edited the footage of him dumping the box of fish food into the koi pond. What we didn't see is that Trump was following the lead of the Japanese prime minister that had just dumped his box in. But of course showing that would reduce the impact of the doctored footage making Trump look like a fool.

Can I just mention Obama? He once said that he had visited 57 states with one to go but he was not allowed to go to Alaska or Hawaii ? Oh well.
While there are times that he says crazy stuff and those comments are taken out of context...there are other times you can just watch his press conference and speeches and realize he is just rambling like an old fool. It's clear in these instances that he has no idea what he is talking about - it's unfortunately not an uncommon occurrence. He really can be his own worst enemy when he opens his mouth.

He'd be better just deferring on certain topics he doesn't know about to other people in his cabinet that are more knowledgeable on those matters.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

It's all you guys do, perhaps because the only defense you have of Trump is to deflect and change the subject to another person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies