Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 04:00 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Conservatives are always encouraging people to buy guns, except when it's Black people

Remember when conservatives called Trayvon a thug because he posted a comment about liking guns.

Remember when guns were legal to carry in California until the Black panthers carried them, then conservative hero Ronald Reagan banned them.

Remember when Philando Castille, who had a permit to carry a gun was shot for carrying a gun and the NRA was silent
Truth...though I'm not positive that is exactly what is occurring here.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 11-09-2017 at 04:12 AM..

Old 11-09-2017, 04:09 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
An FFL holder absolutely has the discretion to refuse to complete a sale if they suspect the buyer is conducting a straw purchase.
Exactly.

Old 11-09-2017, 04:10 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5b2_2k5is

The 2nd Amendment in a nutshell. It only applies to certain people.
A ridiculous assumption.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Bye why did this guy buy another gun while having one on lay way? How many guns was he buying for what reason.

That sounds weird to me.

Just buy a gun when you can pay for it. The more I think about it the more respect I get for the owner.

For people who want to bring up anything else than these reason...just stick to the gun and selling rights for an owner of a gun store as well as responsibility to sell to someone who an owner can trust or see right will not have any other reasons to buy for themselves.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:41 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
They can refuse to sell if they feel the buyer is up to no good... strange that anti-gun people have a problem with that AND criminal gun use...
yep, the liberals will be so confused on which side to take on this, itll be hypocrisy either way. I wonder if it'd be any different if buying the gun comes with a cake for a gay wedding

Old 11-10-2017, 03:52 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
What does the store owner have to say? I am amazed by how many people can read minds and say for certain what another person's motivation is.
As I said earlier the guy I buy from has declined sales to people due to personal differences or if he gets a bad vibe off of them. He doesn't want his name in the paper for selling a gun to someone who later commits a crime. He can live with a lost sale, he can't live with if he didn't follow his gut and the customer kills someone an hour later.
And I've seen Whites have sales declined. That reason, and you mentioned vibes, was likely part of it. It was a woman trying to purchase accompanied by a man who was the one who was actually looking at and comparing a couple, these were shotguns. The woman was not a part of anything until it came time to buy and fill out the paperwork.

The clerk declined the sale because of the above behavior. Even mentioned straw purchase.

I was finishing up buying a shotgun when this was happening.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:02 AM

2,309 posts, read 902,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I agree, as long as that reason isn't race, sex etc.
Any reason. Period. his store, his rules.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:59 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Any reason. Period. his store, his rules.
His rules, with hefty input from BATFE and state laws. Reality is that he doesn't need a reason to decline a sale.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:10 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is difficult to comment on this one as the tape started only AFTER the guy was already in the store and something might have occurred before.

The other older employee asks the one who seems to tape and is the subject, to watch his language and I understand if he is upset but a gun store is not the place to have this attitude regardless of him being right or wrong as it seems that gun store owners can judge for themselves not to sell if they don't trust it.

This may or may not be right but doesn't mean this is based on racism as we can clearly hear that the man already had bought guns in this store before.

IMO the attitude the customer showed might have contributed to this decision.

Tapes are great but I would like the tape to show from entering till leaving and not when customer likes the tape to start.
"It is difficult to comment on this one as the tape started only AFTER the guy was already in the store and something might have occurred before."

We seem to find this over and over.

We get something happening and the the tape starts AFTER a lot had gone on already.

They are usually posted by those with an agenda and want to distort and take out of context what really happened.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:11 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Gun shop owners reason/s seems racially motivated. Though I cant read his mind; just speculation.

Just buy a gun from another gun store. No big deal. Guns are for sale in almost every corner.
"Gun shop owners reason/s seems racially motivated."

Only by those that see racism in EVERYTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies