Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 08:12 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times

Advertisements

The more I read the racist comments by others here the more disgusted I get. He was determined to be a thug by the store owner and these posters based on one thing, the color of his skin. That boys and girls is the definition of a racist. Just own it and admit that you are a racist and we can all move along.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 11-11-2017 at 08:32 AM..

Old 11-11-2017, 08:17 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The employee was clearly not comfortable about this. He confirmed the black guy bought "quite a few" other guns there. By every definition he is a regular customer.

Do now you are speculating that this guy may be buying for gang members? And you wonder why people see racism in this thread? That's totally unfair. Gun owners constantly scream "thou shall not infringe on our rights" as they justify the ownership of 10 AK's. But this guy is not allowed to buy multiple guns based on nothing but his skin color and that's OK. What about he infringement of his rights to own multiple guns?

INope from every angle the store owner was a racist and those defending him are wrong IMO.
And what would you say if the guy was white? And just how many guns did he purchase and in what period of time?

Old 11-11-2017, 08:18 AM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Anyone who is okay with that gun shop owner immediately refusing said person just by looking at him, that is a sick-minded way of thinking. Anyone who would think like that, or do something like that is a threat to me. Unless a thorough background check was done, unless there is proof that said customer is a threat, there was no reason to say "I won't sell this gun to you". I would understand refusing to sell someone a gun if a prospective customer has a criminal record or has history of mental health problems. With this customer, there was no proof of mental health issues or criminal history, just a "feeling". Anyone in support of that gun owner, I view said persons has being a threat to me, being sick of mind, being those who would love to make sure someone like me can't defend themselves. I feel like said persons think like that out of "Black people should be disarmed". I refused to waiver from that perspective.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My stance on the 2nd Amendment is steadfast. I have always been pro-gun, and what happened to this man angers me. I think said gun owner refused him because of his race. I can't really think of any other good reason. Nowadays you can't say "we don't sell to Blacks". I hope that man sues the owner of that gun store and wins. Maybe more people thinking of trying such crap will think twice.
So, you want to make it easier for thugs to purchase weapons?

Old 11-11-2017, 08:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
The more I read the racist comments by others here the more disgusted I get. He was refused the sale of a gun because of the risk that he could be a threat by the store owner and the posters here based on the color of his skin. That boys and girls is the definition of a racist. Just own it and admit that you are a racist and we can all move along.
People have jumped the gun, no pun intended. I would like to know if he has a valid reason since he said he didn't want to violate Federal laws. Having one gun on lay away and wanting to purchase another does seem off. Also the customer metioned he'd purchased guns there before. I wonder if that same man sold him the guns?

Old 11-11-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
And what would you say if the guy was white? And just how many guns did he purchase and in what period of time?
It is still wrong, period. Unless you have proof someone is a criminal or a headcase, this is still wrong. We have background checks, we have processes to make sure we know someone is mentally or legally fit to have a gun. Acting on a "hunch" is stupid.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
So, you want to make it easier for thugs to purchase weapons?
How do you know that the prospective gun buyer was a thug?

And if thugs want guns, they'll find ways to get them. Alot of "illegal guns" are obtained from stealing them, not selling a gun to a thug.

We have processes to make sure thugs don't buy guns. Why not just enforce them than refuse someone who is trying to buy a gun the legal way?

Old 11-11-2017, 08:22 AM

45,431 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
The employee was clearly not comfortable about this. He confirmed the black guy bought "quite a few" other guns there. By every definition he is a regular customer.

Do now you are speculating that this guy may be buying for gang members? And you wonder why people see racism in this thread? That's totally unfair. Gun owners constantly scream "thou shall not infringe on our rights" as they justify the ownership of 10 AK's. But this guy is not allowed to buy multiple guns based on nothing but his skin color and that's OK. What about he infringement of his rights to own multiple guns?

Nope from every angle the store owner was a racist and those defending him are wrong IMO.
Quote:
My stance on the 2nd Amendment is steadfast. I have always been pro-gun, and what happened to this man angers me. I think said gun owner refused him because of his race. I can't really think of any other good reason. Nowadays you can't say "we don't sell to Blacks". I hope that man sues the owner of that gun store and wins. Maybe more people thinking of trying such crap will think twice.
Unfortunately we don't see what led up to this. If the friend was the one looking at various guns, asking about them, conferring about the price and then the guy who was refused went to buy it, well that does happen to be one of the markers for a straw purchase.

I've been in more than one gun store, both here in Maryland and also in Pennsylvania, where the above happened and the store refused the sale.

As a note, the customers were all Whites.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:25 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Anyone who is okay with that gun shop owner immediately refusing said person just by looking at him, that is a sick-minded way of thinking.
You don't know that. Falsely playing the race card is sick-minded. Before that day the owner wasn't prejudiced and now he is? You don't see how absurd you're being?

Quote:
Anyone who would think like that, or do something like that is a threat to me.
lmao Way to bring drama into the discussion when none exists.

Quote:
Unless a thorough background check was done, unless there is proof that said customer is a threat, there was no reason to say "I won't sell this gun to you".
You have no idea about the rules and regulations or what that person based it on.

Quote:
I would understand refusing to sell someone a gun if a prospective customer has a criminal record or has history of mental health problems. With this customer, there was no proof of mental health issues or criminal history, just a "feeling".
And? So?

Quote:
Anyone in support of that gun owner, I view said persons has being a threat to me, being sick of mind,
More fake drama. At least you're consistent.

Quote:
being those who would love to make sure someone like me can't defend themselves. I feel like said persons think like that out of "Black people should be disarmed". I refused to waiver from that perspective.
That's your twisted sense of reality. Doesn't mean it's the truth.

The problem is people like you jumping the gun. You may be right but we don't know enough on why the purchase was denied. I have no problem waiting for the entire episode to draw my conclusions. It's a shame the knee jerk reactionaries don't wait.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
It is still wrong, period. Unless you have proof someone is a criminal or a headcase, this is still wrong. We have background checks, we have processes to make sure we know someone is mentally or legally fit to have a gun. Acting on a "hunch" is stupid.
It doesn't matter if you think it is wrong or not, he has that right just like a bartender can refuse to serve you a drink if he thinks you are drunk, even though you aren't. We do not know what the whole conversation consisted of since the video is only started part way through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies