Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 03:08 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Fair? I'm not so sure. Have you forgotten Pizzagate?

Ten days before the election in 2016 posts appeared on Facebook, The New Nationalist, Alex Jones' Infowars, The Conservative Daily Post, and SubjectPolitics claiming that Hillary Clinton was involved in a child sex-trafficking conspiracy that operated out of a back room in a Washington pizzeria.

These outrageous claims were retweeted by none other than Trump campaign advisor Gen. Michael Flynn, his son, and posters in the Czech Republic and Vietnam. 9% of people polled believed the story, and 46% of Trump voters believed that Clinton's emails contained evidence of satanic rituals and child sex-trafficking.

The tweets were taken seriously, as one individual barged into the restaurant and fired three shots with an assault rifle before he was arrested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzag...spiracy_theory

What does all of this have to do with Roy Moore? The same weak-minded individuals that were so quick to believe the misinformation about Hillary Clinton have no problem with calling Moore's accusers liars in spite of the fact that many of their friends and neighbors have stated how Roy liked to chase after teenagers when he was in his thirties.

Now, if you would rather have a Republican like Moore as your senator instead of a Democrat, just say so. While I might question your morality your honesty would be commendable. In the end, a little less hypocrisy would be good for all of us.
That's called politics. The whole point is to convince "weak minded individuals" aka the Murican Voter that the other candidate is a flawed criminal puppy murderer.... For Christ's sake millions of Republicans believed Obama was a terrorist from Africa. Roy Moore is a perfect example. Some Alabamians believe it's propaganda pushed by the Elites and others think there is nothing wrong with pushing yourself on a pretty young teen. The rest are confused. To expect morality and honesty in politics is like expecting Donald Trump not to use Social Media.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Fair? I'm not so sure. Have you forgotten Pizzagate?

Ten days before the election in 2016 posts appeared on Facebook, The New Nationalist, Alex Jones' Infowars, The Conservative Daily Post, and SubjectPolitics claiming that Hillary Clinton was involved in a child sex-trafficking conspiracy that operated out of a back room in a Washington pizzeria.

These outrageous claims were retweeted by none other than Trump campaign advisor Gen. Michael Flynn, his son, and posters in the Czech Republic and Vietnam. 9% of people polled believed the story, and 46% of Trump voters believed that Clinton's emails contained evidence of satanic rituals and child sex-trafficking.

The tweets were taken seriously, as one individual barged into the restaurant and fired three shots with an assault rifle before he was arrested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzag...spiracy_theory

What does all of this have to do with Roy Moore? The same weak-minded individuals that were so quick to believe the misinformation about Hillary Clinton have no problem with calling Moore's accusers liars in spite of the fact that many of their friends and neighbors have stated how Roy liked to chase after teenagers when he was in his thirties.

Now, if you would rather have a Republican like Moore as your senator instead of a Democrat, just say so. While I might question your morality your honesty would be commendable. In the end, a little less hypocrisy would be good for all of us.
I stand by what I said . Trump won Fair and Square. Those are the rules of the game. Slander em all and let God sort it out..............

Old 11-19-2017, 03:17 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I stand by what I said . Trump won Fair and Square. Those are the rules of the game. Slander em all and let God sort it out..............
NOT FAIR AND SQUARE AT ALL. Being helped by russia is not fair and square.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:18 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
While I do believe in "Death from above," the 101st Airborne Division motto, I don't think any "Help from above" would be enough to investigate the story and get the truth out in nine days, or by Nov. 8th.

We hope that we'll have a smarter - or at least more informed - electorate in the future.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:01 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times

Last edited by personne; 11-19-2017 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: double post

Old 11-19-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You support shaker and his comments, your support his comments so therefore anyone who supports moore is a pedophile....

Then, you call me out about how vile I am, and then look whatyou do here...the smae thing I did to shaker....but you're a dem...so, I guess birds of a feather....

As with you, just look at your statement above

Shaker said, not me....or do you not have the ability to comprehend your fellow shakers comments?

We don't know if he did it....but as normal with the left, if they hate someone, they will say anything to make it worse.
All sides apart?

Do you agree that we both take each other's post and keep those in mind to keep being angry at each other and prove us wrong?

You'll win, next time, no worry.

Maybe just gracefully, let go? There are some lost causes.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trial attorney said the Yearbook Waitress wouldn't be believable on the stand because she had no details like what type of car did Moore have, what color was it, was the radio on, what was he wearing, what was the weather like, etc. Waitress said he opened the door and shoved her out and threatened her. Anomalous behavior. The 14-yr old's story is suspect for that reason. No other women said the same. The other women whom Moore dated fit a pattern -- their mothers gave consent and nothing went beyond kissing. Usually there is a pattern of behavior (Biden, Clinton). Forty years later to be hysterical crying when all he did was make a pass? I'm a woman by the way.

My coworker was held hostage, raped and beaten over a weekend. Her TV was on during the rapes and she said she can never watch those shows anymore nor eat onion dip and potato chips because that is what the rapist was eating. Details! She came back to work with her face, neck and arms covered in bruises. We were all shocked at how calm she was, happy to be alive. Years later she told the same story without hysterics. She said she wasn't going to let one sicko ruin the rest of her life. She went on to marry and is still happily married over thirty years later.

Interestingly, actress Fran Drescher had a similar experience and has spoken about it publicly. Never gets hysterical like Yearbook Waitress
I would LOVE to have reacted the same way.

In fact, i yearn and work towards it through therapy, life and everything. I have been doing that for now 30 years, still doesnt work. I must be the one not functionning.

As for your coworker, I don't doubt the story; I did the same as an 11 years old. Neck hurt to the point you'd think there should be a scarf there, right in the tunnel hole around the neck.. One eye with a beautiful make up, should have had the other look the same, so I would be "womanly". Still went on like it was "nothing". It, this nothing, does come back to you.

Thanks for reminding all of us that we didn't need such bother to make through, it's such a simple thing, so easy.

Your point exactly? Victims deal how they can/manage? And please, shut up,

Last edited by personne; 11-19-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 11-19-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I don't know, I saw a bunch of grown men crying in interviews when they detailed the abuses they suffered at the hands of Jerry Sandusky. Some weren't raped either. Just touched inappropriately. Didn't know they were all cray cray. Also never heard that said about them during that time. Thanks for the tip
That is a joke, right?

Old 11-19-2017, 04:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, our 3rd grader beat your best....
Hillary got more votes. Your guy was saved by the Electoral College (which most Repubs hate!).

Old 11-19-2017, 04:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trial attorney said the Yearbook Waitress wouldn't be believable on the stand because she had no details like what type of car did Moore have, what color was it, was the radio on, what was he wearing, what was the weather like, etc. Waitress said he opened the door and shoved her out and threatened her. Anomalous behavior. The 14-yr old's story is suspect for that reason. No other women said the same. The other women whom Moore dated fit a pattern -- their mothers gave consent and nothing went beyond kissing. Usually there is a pattern of behavior (Biden, Clinton). Forty years later to be hysterical crying when all he did was make a pass? I'm a woman by the way.
This is totally wacko!!! Why would the woman remember the make and color of his car!!!! She was scared of being raped by a total jerk. She was thinking of saving herself, not about his car!!

Just because your co-worker remembers the chip and dip and the TV shows:, it doesn't mean most women are noticing details like that when being sexually assaulted. Moore was pushing her face into his smelly crotch. That's what she remembers!!!

And where do you get off accusing Biden of bad behavior. The guy is totally a family man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies