Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2017, 08:17 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
If he's obviously guilty, as you and others think, then it seems like law enforcement will bring charges.

I don't think voters have an obligation to allow the other party to win an election due to alleged or real wrongdoings by a candidate.

And we know Doug Jones wants to help perpetuate abortion, something that kills babies every day. Again if a person supports abortion, you have no moral credibility to lecture GOP voters.
He will never be indicted or tried in a court of law, that's a shame. It doesn't matter as many Moore supporters have already indicated they would vote for Moore even if the allegations were true. They don't really care about child predators as long as they are anti abortion, anti Muslim and good Christians. History is going to look back on these good evangelists and it will not be pretty.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:19 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
lol

The truth is most of you guys hate Moore because of his controversial and unfortunate comments about gays and Muslims, and his righteous objection to abortion, the sacrament of the Democratic Party.

You can't be objective about the allegations because of that. I get it.

I agree the good judge missed his true calling of being a preacher. Mo Brooks would have likely won n a normal election that didn't involve a Mitch McConnel type appointed Republican incumbent backed by the president. Luther Strange would have never been in the picture in a normal election.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
There are religious Democrats that supported Clinton and support the party of abortion.

It doesn't make any sense to assert the moral choice for religious people is to vote for a abortion supporting Democrat. lol
Except that abortion is legal but child molestation is not.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:23 PM

slavery used to be legal too. so what.

In the future, people will not believe that large numbers of people used to support abortion, like we can't believe large numbers of people supported slavery.

Abortion like slavery is the very heart of darkness. It is an abomination. Doug Jones is a caveman because he supports abortion to include up to childbirth.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
lol

The truth is most of you guys hate Moore because of his controversial and unfortunate comments about gays and Muslims.

I agree the good judge missed his true calling of being a preacher.
He was disliked even before this, he was removed from the court twice. I disliked him back when he wanted to disclose the identities of KKK accusers. He is an embarrassment to the judicial branch even before his senate run.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:25 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
I haven't called all the accusers liars. I do think think the yearbook accuser lied. I am skeptical of the other accounts but open minded. The yearbook accuser was the worst allegation, the only one where an assault supposedly occurred. I personally don't care if he dated of age girls if they agreed to go out on dates with him. Hugs and kisses on a date doesn't sound like a felony to me. lol

I have no obligation to believe allegations that are not supported with other evidence, especially given there could be a political motive behind them.

Moore denied all their claims so you appear to be lying.

I would love to see your voting history to see if you voted for the Clintons. Don't virtue signal if you supported the Clintons and the party of abortion.
I really like the part where you describe yourself as “open minded”

Old 11-20-2017, 08:26 PM

Ok, keep in mind the good judge was a Democrat in his younger days. lol

He hasn't been accused of any sexual misconduct in his Republican era.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:26 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
lol

The truth is most of you guys hate Moore because of his controversial and unfortunate comments about gays and Muslims.

I was not even aware of that. In fact I knew little about Moore and only a passing interest in the Alabama senate race in general. I assumed the republican would win because that is what happens. I was listening to Hannity on the radio and heard his interview with Moore. I listen to Hannity almost daily. Moore did a horrible job with the questions. I assumed the WaPo story was a hit piece and baloney but Moore gave it credibility with his answers.

Whatever you think about the allegations it comes down to keeping the seat for the GOP for you right? Moore is a gamble. Replacing him is a sure thing. Why take that chance?

Old 11-20-2017, 08:27 PM

Moore is often inarticulate so I don't make much of the Hannity interview. In my opinion, he did date some young women who were of age, but Hannity was grandstanding about how that is the devil, so Moore got pushed into denying he ever dated a young woman. It isn't a crime to date young women who are of age. If you don't like the legal age being 16, then you need to push to change the law rather than criminalizing a man dating a young woman who is currently of legal age.

He can't be replaced at this point. His name stays on the ballot even if he drops out.

There will be another election in 2020 for this seat so if the charges stick ( I don't think they are given the yearbook accuser has been discredited), another Republican can challenge him in the primary.

Given the judge is so religious, it seems likely any young women he dated, he met through church. I think he met his wife at church, when she was 23.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-20-2017 at 08:37 PM..

Old 11-20-2017, 08:37 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Moore is often inarticulate so I don't make much of the Hannity interview. In my opinion, he did date some young women who were of age, but Hannity was grandstanding about how that is the devil, so Moore got pushed into denying he ever dated a young woman. It isn't a crime to date young women who are of age.

He can't be replaced at this point. His name stays on the ballot even if he drops out.

There will be another election in 2020 for this seat so if the charges stick ( I don't think they are given the yearbook accuser has been discredited), another Republican can challenge him in the primary.
Who's idea was it to put a inarticulate man on the radio with Hannity to defend himself?

What do you mean the charges stick? There are no charges only accusations. And no one has been discredited only in your mind have they been.

The Alabama Governor can stop the election but they don't want to. Considering Moore is down by double digits in some polls that would be a good idea.

I respect where you come from on all this I just think its better to stop the election and put someone in there that does not have all these issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies