Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 07:34 AM

8,165 posts, read 8,570,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I would say the point is Moore should also be in prison. Different crimes deserve different punishments. For me it shows the scum in politics.
The news this morning is full of accusations that imply all of Congress and all the staff are guilty of sexual harassment and Congress has paid $15,000,000 in settlements over the last ?? years. That harassment has included sexual assault against adults.
"I think you're going to need a bigger prison."

Old 11-15-2017, 07:35 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,140,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I am in no way defending anything, not sure how you got that from my post anyway?

Just as the left jabs us, I give jabs back, is that alright with you?
And just who is "us". That includes Roy Moore, right? You should cut your losses and condemn this pervert as has every decent person on the planet. And even a few non-decent persons like Steve "Loose Cannon" Bannon.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:36 AM

592 posts, read 415,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
You ask permission to date when you want to date a girl who is underage and you are older. That was his response to dating young girls. He never denied asking out the 16 year old after flirting with her when she was 14. In that case the mother had enough sense to say no to him.

Look at how many televangelists and mega church preachers who have got caught up in this kind of thing. Look at how many politicians like Anthony Wiener have ruined their career just because they cannot control their urges.

I don't know the truth to all this but the allegations are possible because of his past admitted behavior and numerous eyewitnesses of him trolling the mall for young girls.
Of course he knows the girls are underage. And he knows the law. So why would he try anything? He asks permission. Then he turns into Mr. Hyde?

Old 11-15-2017, 07:38 AM

46,408 posts, read 27,275,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And just who is "us". That includes Roy Moore, right? You should cut your losses and condemn this pervert as has every decent person on the planet. And even a few non-decent persons like Steve "Loose Cannon" Bannon.

Did you even read or comprehend what I was responding to or just not read, which is it? Not talking about Jacks comment either...my original responses.

And I've said in the other threads, maybe even this one, if he's guilty...get rid of him...

Old 11-15-2017, 07:44 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,140,702 times
Quote:
Did you even read or comprehend what I was responding to or just not read, which is it? Not talking about Jacks comment either...my original responses.

And I've said in the other threads, maybe even this one, if he's guilty...get rid of him...
I get the feeling that if there was video showing this creep molesting a young girl you'd say the video was fake. You have zero credibility.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:46 AM

10,798 posts, read 3,623,572 times
Quote:
Yes, we can ask your fellow dem carlos danger (dem) about little girls...yes...
Stop with "whataboutitism".

The subject is Moore, not anyone else.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I get the feeling that if there was video showing this creep molesting a young girl you'd say the video was fake. You have zero credibility.

Well, you should be used to being wrong, so chalk that up in your loss column....

When you won't even go back 2 pages to see what I was responding to, you have shown you just don't care, true leftist form...

So, you did not go back and read did ya?

Old 11-15-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Stop with "whataboutitism".

The subject is Moore, not anyone else.

I suspect you'll be saying the same thing about these 2 posts below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
And chase little girls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
How to win in the deep south:

Wear a cowboy hat
Quote the bible
Wave a gun around

We shall wait and see if you have your leftist blinders on....

Old 11-15-2017, 07:50 AM

25,835 posts, read 20,777,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But guys with that kind of ego/power think they can get away with this stuff.

You know -- they let you do it philosophy of life.

We've seen that before right?
That is the common denominator in all of these cases.

All of these men believe that they deserve to have whatever they want by virtue of their positions in their respective communities.
Sadly, this mindset starts very early, as we see all the time with high school athletics.

Unless/until society starts to treat this as the disease of privilege that it is, nothing will ever change.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:53 AM

10,798 posts, read 3,623,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
What if they dropped the age of consent to 14? 13 - child, 14 - adult. Get it? 14 is an adult.
Except, Alabama is in the process of raising the age of consent from 16 to 18. Of course, this being Alabama, the bill which was introduced in 2012 is "still being discussed", and stuck in the Judiciary Committee.

BTW, it was a Republican who introduced it. I suspect it may well get some discussion now.

Sources:

https://legiscan.com/AL/bill/HB137/2012
Lawmaker Pushes Bill To Raise Age Of Consent In Alabama | WHNT.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies