Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 02:34 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times

Advertisements

It was different many years ago, it wasn't a pervert thing back then really. Although it still was sometimes then too I'm sure.

Sadly even men in this day and age that can get away with it, do things such as this, and even worse. According to one of the last NK defectors they say Kim Jong takes high school girls out of school and makes them be his slave. Of course Kim Jong's wife doesn't say anything about it, she doesn't want to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
What I find interesting is that when the man is 30 and the girl 15, it is a horrible thing.
BUT, when the man is 45 and the girl is 30, it is perfectly all right.
May/December marriages. What December sees in May is obvious, but what does May see in December?
Christmas, sometimes.
I have known many successful marriages where the man is 10, 15, even 20 years older. I have even known a few where the woman was the older of the two.
regardless, he was wrong!
Technically you can take it one step further.. a 40 year old can marry an 18 year old, it's completely legal. However There is a big difference between a 15 year old woman and a 30 year old man. Sure a 15 year old can be fully developed physically. Especially in the U.S. where nutrition is at the highest level in the world.....but you can't seriously make the case that her brain is fully developed and is ripe for the taking for any pervert that comes along.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 11-10-2017 at 02:44 PM..

Old 11-10-2017, 02:35 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Okay, you don't believe the Bible. Don't mock those of us who do. Our God is a God of miracles, and the Bible is filled with them.

You're welcome to your unbelief ...but don't mock those who believe. That makes you a bigot.
How is it "mocking" someone who believes there is a parallel between Mary and Joseph and a 30 year old guy sexually perusing a 14 year old? One relationship is a miracle and the other is a crime. Don't you understand the story of Mary and Joseph's miracle are being used as an EXCUSE for a crime?

Old 11-10-2017, 02:37 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
One who said he gave her wine when she was 18 (drinking age was 19) - he flatly denied it because they lived in a 'dry county.' Oops! WashingPoo should have checked the laws back then.
Oh, couldn't have happened then. We all know local laws against things stop 100% of people from doing them, especially when you can drive 15 minutes to a place where you can easily get the thing that is banned.

Which is why of course, that there is no gun crime in cities that ban guns, and gun control laws are 100% effective.

Now please hang on a second, I need to pick up my brain up off the table where I set it down, so that I could make this post, and place it back inside my head.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:50 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
What I find interesting is that when the man is 30 and the girl 15, it is a horrible thing.
BUT, when the man is 45 and the girl is 30, it is perfectly all right.
There is a big difference between a15 year old girl and a 30 year old woman.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:53 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Okay, you don't believe the Bible. Don't mock those of us who do.
How is pointing out that Mary is a virgin mocking Christians? Is she not called the Virgin Mary?

Old 11-10-2017, 02:53 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
This alleged woman coming forward after all these years reminds me of a friend who had a similar situation. He once saw a man who had molested him as a child some twenty five years ago. The guy didn't give him an apologetic look or anything. Just smugly looked at him and looked away. It was like it happened all over again but now it wasn’t an adult and a child; it was two adults this time. That’s all it takes to make someone expose these creeps years later.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:55 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wow.

You think that people who live in dry counties don't drink?

As for the 14-year-old, it's not a different patter of behavior. She was a teen, he was in his 30's and he was interested in having a relationship with her. That's the pattern.
Hah, that's funny...like a 32 yeal old poll doesn't have a full stash of booze at home (and work). In all my daze I have never seen drinkers like politicians. It's what they do all day (starting at lunch) so they can try to live with themselves.

As to the parents pushing things - looks like he's trying to pull an Elvis on us! Problem is, he's not Elvis.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:56 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
I am listening to Roy Moore on Hannity and he sounds credible. Said the mothers of two of the young women encouraged them to date him, according to their own statements. The age of consent is 16.

One who said he gave her wine when she was 18 (drinking age was 19) - he flatly denied it because they lived in a 'dry county.' Oops! WashingPoo should have checked the laws back then.

As for the fourteen year old, he doesn't remember her or her mother and pointed out what they claimed was a totally different pattern of behavior than the other three women. I wonder if that girl was remembering her divorced mother's boyfriend(s).
I lived in a dry county years ago in Virginia; all that means is no liquor is for sale IN the county. You are free to buy alcohol elsewhere and bring it to your home. Maybe you should have checked the facts.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:56 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
The title of this thread is WRONG. No one ever claimed RAPE. She says he groped her.

I remember a girl in 8th grade who smoked, wore a face full of makeup, had bleached 'trashy' hair, dressed in short skirts and tight sweaters. She had a grown woman's figure. Certainly didn't act or speak like a kid. She dated young soldiers at the local army post. I doubt any of those guys would have guessed she was only 14.

Kids back then were more mature than today's coddled ones with extended childhoods. Forty years ago most girls just wanted to get married to leave home.
Disgusting absolutely disgusting

Old 11-10-2017, 02:57 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times
Quote:
Everyone's maturity level is different. Kids today generally have extended childhoods. So some men who still live at home are probably less emotionally mature than an 18 yr. old who works and has her own apartment.

You know Mrs Fields Cookies? Debbi Fields was a gorgeous teenager who liked to bake when she married a businessman in his thirties. His friends thought he was having a midlife crisis and that she was a bimbo. They went on to have five kids while she built a baking empire. Over twenty years later they divorced.

I'm a strong believer in Fate.
Just to be clear, is it your position that it is acceptable for a 32 year old to pursue a 14 year old romantically? However you qualify your answer, you should respond first with a simple YES or NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies