Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 02:13 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Yeah.....it certainly hasn't been 2000 years since this was common practice. Not even a 100 years if we're going to be honest about it. Luckily, we have made tremendous strides over the last 100 years and finally came to the realization that allowing our young teen daughters to marry old men of better means was simply ridiculous and wrong. I have a 15 year old daughter, and I am right there with you in regards to how you would have handled a situation such as this. More than likely, the last time you would have seen this man would have been on the missing person posters!
And in some countries it still is common practice.

Its crazy tho to pull something out of the bible that happened 2000+ years ago and use it for justification of what we find socially unacceptable or immoral today.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:14 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And in some countries it still is common practice.

Its crazy tho to pull something out of the bible that happened 2000+ years ago and use it for justification of what we find socially unacceptable or immoral today.
Some of these people want to go back to the bible and live it literally, though.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:17 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The title of this thread is WRONG. No one ever claimed RAPE. She says he groped her.
This is 100% untrue. Rape is alleged. There is no claim of groping only.

The rest of your post is despicable and not worth responding to. Trying to blame little children for being raped? Seriously? If a little girl wears a skirt a dude can assault her?

Old 11-10-2017, 02:18 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I’m just trying to wrap my head around the rhetoric offered by Jim Zeigler, Alabama state auditor. In the Bible, Joseph married Mary when she was a teenager. Therefore, it is acceptable for a man in his 30s to romantically pursue a 14 year old? Is Jim Zeigler really making this claim?
All these hypocritical evangelists and bible thumpers care about is electing those who will do their bidding and support their warped view of the world. They have already demonstrated this once by ignoring the fat man's admitted p***sy grabbing, so why are we surprised they would double down on a pedophile like Roy Moore.

Worse people in the world!

Old 11-10-2017, 02:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Everyone's maturity level is different. Kids today generally have extended childhoods. So some men who still live at home are probably less emotionally mature than an 18 yr. old who works and has her own apartment.

You know Mrs Fields Cookies? Debbi Fields was a gorgeous teenager who liked to bake when she married a businessman in his thirties. His friends thought he was having a midlife crisis and that she was a bimbo. They went on to have five kids while she built a baking empire. Over twenty years later they divorced.

I'm a strong believer in Fate.
Debbi Fields was 19 and a high school graduate when she married a guy in his early 30s.

That's nowhere the same as a 14yo who was scared and coerced into being alone with a married, 33yo district attorney, for crying out loud.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:20 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
This is 100% untrue. Rape is alleged. There is no claim of groping only.

The rest of your post is despicable and not worth responding to. Trying to blame little children for being raped? Seriously? If a little girl wears a skirt a dude can assault her?
Well and it would be statutory rape in any case even with just groping, which carries a similar penalty to rape in most states.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:20 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Some of the religious ones think that Mary was 12 and Joseph was in his 30s.
Ya, and those same people believe Mary as a VIRGIN mother so their little excuse doesn't makes and sense for a 30 year old to be sexually pursuing a 14 year old/

Old 11-10-2017, 02:21 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Anything to defend the bible-thumping predator who preys on minors...

You can be sure he'd take a different position if the person in question were a liberal democrat.
Are you pronouncing judge Moore guilty? Sounds to me like you are. The last time I checked, in America one is presumed innocent till proven guilty. The Left seem to have forgotten that.

Secondly, a woman caller made a good point today on a popular radio show: If it is true that Moore kissed an underage girl (while he was 30 years old) and tried to have a "relationship" (no sex has been reported to have happened in any case), that would make him a pedophile. As this woman pointed out, pedophiles don't stop. It is a behavior that continues. As much as Moore has been in the news over the years, and it has been a lot, why are there no other reports?

This whole thing stinks of a conspiracy to damage Moore's reputation and force him out of the race. And since it was the Washington Post, it is even more suspect because of their record and the fact that they endorsed his rival.

I don't believe any of this for a minute!

Lastly ...you people who disparage Christians by calling us "Bible thumpers," shows a level of bigotry that is every bit as bad as anti-Semitism. And you call Trump a Nazi? Think on that. Just sayin'. I'll bet you hate Jews too.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:23 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
I am listening to Roy Moore on Hannity and he sounds credible. Said the mothers of two of the young women encouraged them to date him, according to their own statements. The age of consent is 16.

One who said he gave her wine when she was 18 (drinking age was 19) - he flatly denied it because they lived in a 'dry county.' Oops! WashingPoo should have checked the laws back then.

As for the fourteen year old, he doesn't remember her or her mother and pointed out what they claimed was a totally different pattern of behavior than the other three women. I wonder if that girl was remembering her divorced mother's boyfriend(s).

Old 11-10-2017, 02:24 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
the topic seems to have devolved into 'innocent until proven guilty', which is how our system of justice works.

it works the same for democrats and republicans and independents and greens.

too many seem to think it only applies to 'their guy'.

so, if you contend that moore is 'innocent until proven guilty', you must say the same for Clinton.

don't try to weasel out of that.
Clinton is not the topic of this thread, why can't you people stay on topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies