Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 03:28 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Maybe it's true. Maybe it's false. Maybe the girl is lying. Maybe Moore is lying.

The point is two fold:

1. Unless or until facts to corroborate the accusations are found, it is one persons word against another persons word. So who's lying? Do YOU know? I don't.

2. Destroying the lives and livelihoods of a person based on unfounded and unproven accusations is a very dangerous road to head down. We're on that road right now.
Her story was corroborated by her friends, did you read the Wapo article.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:30 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,380,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Bill Clinton VIOLENTLY RAPED Juanita Broderick in a hotel room.
Bill Clinton lost his Rhodes scholarship and was booted from Oxford for RAPING another student in England.
No he wasn't.

https://www.snopes.com/bill-clinton-...d-from-oxford/

Old 11-10-2017, 03:31 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
The fact that he knows these girls is odd. I can't think of any social situation where I, being normal, was in when I was 30 and 14 year old girls were present. That alone IMO means the guy is not beyond reproach as he is insisting. Watching guys like this squirm is priceless.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:32 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I am listening to Roy Moore on Hannity and he sounds credible. Said the mothers of two of the young women encouraged them to date him, according to their own statements. The age of consent is 16.

One who said he gave her wine when she was 18 (drinking age was 19) - he flatly denied it because they lived in a 'dry county.' Oops! WashingPoo should have checked the laws back then.

As for the fourteen year old, he doesn't remember her or her mother and pointed out what they claimed was a totally different pattern of behavior than the other three women. I wonder if that girl was remembering her divorced mother's boyfriend(s).
You people will say anything to defend this creep. He was a 32 year old DISTRICT ATTORNEY dating and exposing himself to teenage girls. Get over it. This is what he did. If you only knew how you defenders of Moore are coming across. It ain't pretty.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:34 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Here's a couple of facts: When one set of my grandparents got together, he was 42 and she was 16. Such an age difference was common then. When I was in the Army in Alabama, one guy in our company, who was about 25 and from that state, married his 13 year-old cousin. There was nothing the Army could find in the laws, to prevent it.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:35 PM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You people will say anything to defend this creep. He was a 32 year old DISTRICT ATTORNEY dating and exposing himself to teenage girls. Get over it. This is what he did. If you only knew how you defenders of Moore are coming across. It ain't pretty.
AND exposing.....link....

Old 11-10-2017, 03:35 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Reporters in AL are talking to citizens there. Many republicans are saying even if the charges are proven true they'd vote for Moore rather than a democrat.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:39 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are you pronouncing judge Moore guilty? Sounds to me like you are. The last time I checked, in America one is presumed innocent till proven guilty. The Left seem to have forgotten that.

Secondly, a woman caller made a good point today on a popular radio show: If it is true that Moore kissed an underage girl (while he was 30 years old) and tried to have a "relationship" (no sex has been reported to have happened in any case), that would make him a pedophile. As this woman pointed out, pedophiles don't stop. It is a behavior that continues. As much as Moore has been in the news over the years, and it has been a lot, why are there no other reports?

This whole thing stinks of a conspiracy to damage Moore's reputation and force him out of the race. And since it was the Washington Post, it is even more suspect because of their record and the fact that they endorsed his rival.

I don't believe any of this for a minute!

Lastly ...you people who disparage Christians by calling us "Bible thumpers," shows a level of bigotry that is every bit as bad as anti-Semitism. And you call Trump a Nazi? Think on that. Just sayin'. I'll bet you hate Jews too.
So then, we should never hear you call HRC a criminal; otherwise, you’d be a raging hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I’m just trying to wrap my head around the rhetoric offered by Jim Zeigler, Alabama state auditor. In the Bible, Joseph married Mary when she was a teenager. Therefore, it is acceptable for a man in his 30s to romantically pursue a 14 year old? Is Jim Zeigler really making this claim?
Yes, it seems he is making that claim, which means the GOP has reached a brand new low.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:40 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Here's a couple of facts: When one set of my grandparents got together, he was 42 and she was 16. Such an age difference was common then. When I was in the Army in Alabama, one guy in our company, who was about 25 and from that state, married his 13 year-old cousin. There was nothing the Army could find in the laws, to prevent it.
Other people being creeps in the past doesn't make it okay for Moore to be a creep too.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:41 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Reporters in AL are talking to citizens there. Many republicans are saying even if the charges are proven true they'd vote for Moore rather than a democrat.
That’s why Alabama is the way it is

Backwards, hillbilly, poor, uneducated and everything else wrong with America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies