Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 06:34 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,514,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I don't think everyone is a pedo. I'm talking about Joe Biden. I think Biden may be. He certainly is creepy.

I don't think it is accurate to say WaPo would not run non credible assertions against politicians that they don't like.
The videos don't look good in this context, I will give you that. I was just saying sometimes touching isn't "sexual".

Old 11-19-2017, 06:36 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
The videos don't look good in this context, I will give you that. I was just saying sometimes touching isn't "sexual".
Would you be making this case if Biden was a Republican?

I've never seen him touching men and boys the way he touches women and girls.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,055,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Christ almighty!

This was 38 years ago. Perhaps his ethics and way of thinking has changed. Everyone needs to get a grip on reality. If we held everyone, through life, responsible for youthful indiscretions no one would be qualified to do anything.
That's the new standard though. Given that, let's be sure it's applied to EVERYONE equally. Let's start digging into every person paid by the U.S. government all the way back to their teen years no matter what party they belong to and eject them if there's anything amiss.

Any law new or old, any current custom or belief system is now fair game to judge them on. When it comes right down to it that's exactly what many people are calling for so let's just let it fly and see who's left standing...

Old 11-19-2017, 06:48 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,684,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Try to stay between the lines. No one has accused Moore of that crime which is a psychiatric aberration.
If you are confused look it up. I recommend the wikipedia article.
The bottom line is, he has done things that are wrong, no matter what it is called, though would be due to being mentally-flawed. His habitual behavior occurring during an earlier time was not looked at and he kept getting a way with it. Now an old man so used to having his way and not being found out, that he appears outraged, wanting to deny it with his supporters' help to "make it go away".

To me, this doesn't do the religious group any justice. What gets me is how, despite supposed beliefs, their appearing to be in conflict with themselves, persisting in denial and not discerning of or admitting the difference between right and wrong.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:48 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,390,294 times
Quote:

I've never seen him touching men and boys the way he touches women and girls.
Well, thankfully not.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
You Betcha. No R/D with this. I can even be forgiving. Myself and the media too aren't harping on GW Bush's groping as he was big enough to apologize and not call anyone a liar. He also made a statement regretting any harm done. Takes some class to apologize for a classless act and not make excuses. Don't put it on the victim which is so common.

That example is not as damaging, but still no pass on the behavior. I think it's BS that you can send your 16 yr old son to meet a former president and it's a positive experience, but if you send your 16 yr old daughter you have to worry she is going to have her behind grabbed. Geez. Totally unacceptable! He sees that now and that's important. I'm ok with that.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:52 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,429,067 times
Most of the Bush accusations have been in recent years and his has a brain issue, Parkinson's or similar etc. He's 90 plus years old.

I do think it is revealing that the media has no problem with Doug Jones campaigning with Joe Biden given the video proof of Biden's odd behavior. The media would not be looking the other way if Biden was a Republican.

It is similar to their disinterest in the claims against Bill Clinton. He has a Cosby number of accusations against him including one or two claims of rape. Clinton was kicked out of Oxford due to one claim by a woman.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Most of the Bush accusations have been in recent years and his has a brain issue, Parkinson's or similar etc. He's 90 plus years old.

I do think it is revealing that the media has no problem with Doug Jones campaigning with Joe Biden given the video proof of Biden's odd behavior.
Yep and he has handlers. Those people could have put a stop to it, but hey we average citizens all mean nothing to them and can just "get over it" (especially the women) Ooops...Not this time Mr. President

Old 11-19-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:

I do think it is revealing that the media has no problem with Doug Jones campaigning with Joe Biden given the video proof of Biden's odd behavior. The media would not be looking the other way if Biden was a Republican.

It is similar to their disinterest in the claims against Bill Clinton. He has a Cosby number of accusations against him including one or two claims of rape. Clinton was kicked out of Oxford due to one claim by a woman.
Not anymore. The media has been all over Bill Clinton these last few days. About time IMO.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:27 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,390,294 times
Quote:
If Moore is a pedophile, it is surprising that there are no accusers with accusations of Moore illegal behavior in recent decades.

The Gadsden Alabama mall owner in the early 80s said he does not recall Moore being banned or any accusations regarding Moore. This information has basically been ignored in most of the media. It seems like if it was common knowledge that Moore was a predator and banned from a mall, it would have disclosed in one of his earlier campaigns by his opponents.

The ironic thing is Joe Biden has been campaigning with Moore's opponent Doug Jones. You can go on Youtube and find several videos of Biden fondling women and young girls. If a Republican behaved like that, the media would be talking about it 24-7.
Biden hugs, but doesn’t fondle breasts or expose himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies