Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 03:10 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
#BoycottKeurig is trending on Twitter because Fox News viewers are mad that Keurig pulled ads from Sean Hannity's show after he tried to defend alleged pedophile Roy Moore.

This is going to backfire. More people will buy Keurig for standing up against pedophilia.

Companies that pulled ads from Hannity over this weekend include:
  • Keurig
  • Realtor.com
  • 23 and Me
  • Eloquii
  • Nature's Bounty

Source: CNBC
Source: IBT
The only one of these companies I've heard of is Keurig, and that is not only an unhealthy way to brew coffee, but very expensive. Those things have been shown to grow molds and bacteria, because they cannot be cleaned.

Secondly, any company that pulls their ads for political reasons is shooting themselves in the foot. The point of advertising is to sell product, not to make a political statement. Advertising is a tough enough business, let alone pulling a stunt that causes consumers to hate you.

Good luck, Keurig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 03:14 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Keurigs are trash. If you can't figure out how to make a real cup of coffee using a french press, you are probably well-qualified to sit around and watch Hannity.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
KEURIG CEO APOLOGIZED FOR TAKING SIDES! Hannity just read out the memo. They advertise on Fox, CNN and MSNBC and I guess he realized conservatives and liberals both drink coffee and he'd be losing half his business.

He also saw people smashing his machines on Twitter and youtube so maybe that swayed him.
It was a dumb thing for them to do. When will companies learn that both conservatives and liberals buy their products?

Go ahead. Make my day. Shoot yourself in the foot. I couldn't care less. Keurig is a very expensive way to enjoy coffee anyway, and besides the machines are unhealthy. Can't be cleaned.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:16 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It was a dumb thing for them to do. When will companies learn that both conservatives and liberals buy their products?

Go ahead. Make my day. Shoot yourself in the foot. I couldn't care less. Keurig is a very expensive way to enjoy coffee anyway, and besides the machines are unhealthy. Can't be cleaned.

LOL, wrong ,on all accounts.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:17 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

LOL,wanna bet?

How To Clean Your Keurig® Brewer - Popular Videos - Keurig® Support | How To & Troubleshooting Videos

Old 11-13-2017, 04:12 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
The people criticizing have no clue how many brands and kinds of coffee you can get. Plus the make your own K cups out of any kind of coffee.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:17 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
KEURIG CEO APOLOGIZED FOR TAKING SIDES!
No he didn't.

He chewed out his own crew for directing social media attention to the company's decision. And someone leaked that internal memo.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:35 PM

319 posts, read 199,116 times
Quote:
KEURIG CEO APOLOGIZED FOR TAKING SIDES! Hannity just read out the memo. They advertise on Fox, CNN and MSNBC and I guess he realized conservatives and liberals both drink coffee and he'd be losing half his business.

He also saw people smashing his machines on Twitter and youtube so maybe that swayed him.
No he didn't. He said their change in advertising shouldn't have been announced on Twitter.

And if you do believe in sides on this, then the sides are for or against pedophilia. Which side are you on?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:42 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
No he didn't. He said their change in advertising shouldn't have been announced on Twitter.

And if you do believe in sides on this, then the sides are for or against pedophilia. Which side are you on?
Mrs. Reece would be proud.

Which side are you on?

Although the kid was not pre pubescent. I'd call it statutory rape. so would the state.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:46 PM

319 posts, read 199,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Mrs. Reece would be proud.

Which side are you on?

Although the kid was not pre pubescent. I'd call it statutory rape. so would the state.
English?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies