Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 06:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
POS Franken says he will not resign.

I posted some posts back that his apology and him saying to do an ethics investivation was him being arrogant.
Here I is try colors and where be stands morally.
Creep in his 50's doing what he did. Thats who he is. Yuk!

Democratic Sen. Al Franken reportedly won’t resign amid a sexual misconduct scandal, but his future in Congress remains unsettled amid more calls Sunday for congressional investigations into his and potential Senator Roy Moore’s conduct with women.

A spokesman for Franken, who represents Minnesota, told his hometown paper The Star Tribune on Saturday that the senator would not resign.

“No,” the spokesman said. “He is spending time with his family in Washington, D.C., and will be through the Thanksgiving holiday. And he’s doing a lot of reflecting.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...moore.amp.html
AKA drinking... <bold>

Old 11-19-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I have not read this whole thread, so I am sorry if someone posted this already...

I listen to a podcast that has been covering all of these sexual harassment/assault accusations and they mentioned specifically about Al Franken, that he offered to have an ethics investigation brought against him. He said he would be as helpful as he should be.
You realize how funny and useless that really is right?

Please name the last time the ethics committee did ANYTHING of consequence to a sitting Senator...

Old 11-19-2017, 06:42 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You realize how funny and useless that really is right?

Please name the last time the ethics committee did ANYTHING of consequence to a sitting Senator...
Silly or not.. it's news and I thought it was interesting that he offered that up.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Silly or not.. it's news and I thought it was interesting that he offered that up.
It's easy to offer up something that while it may sound serious is little more than mental pablum for the masses.
"Look at me, I'm willing to be investigated" (by the body that takes years to investigate and then does nothing)...

Old 11-19-2017, 07:16 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
He shouldn’t resign the girl is a liar. So many pics showing otherwise
hmmm

pics I see shows hands ON her clothing....without permission....

why are you dismissing female victims???

are you anti-woman???

you support that pig??

Old 11-19-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
It was a joke, she was not sleeping. And him mimicking grabbing her breasts while she really does grab another guys butt at the same event is repulsive.

She is repulsive

No one sleeps sitting straight up wearing a thick vest akin to a life vest

These sex stories aka fantasies are getting a bit out of hand in this thread

who are you, Hillary??

bashing the victim, just like Hillary did with all the allegations against bill...."oh they were sluts that seduced bill"

Franken is a rude, crude POS, that never should have been elected after his treason

Old 11-19-2017, 07:28 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
who are you, Hillary??

bashing the victim, just like Hillary did with all the allegations against bill...."oh they were sluts that seduced bill"

Franken is a rude, crude POS, that never should have been elected after his treason
That's laying it on a bit thick, really. Treason? Really?

Why didn't this come out when he was originally running for a seat?

I'm not condoning his behavior, but this happened when he wasn't in politics.

There's been no history of this behavior from him as far as we know, unlike some other politicians. A lot of his female workers have even come out to say that he has never been less than a supportive gentleman when dealing with him.

He screwed up 12 years ago, yes.

A treasonous, rude, crude POS? Sounds like he should run for president if the current sitting POTUS is a reflection of acceptablity.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:30 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
It was a joke, she was not sleeping. And him mimicking grabbing her breasts while she really does grab another guys butt at the same event is repulsive.

She is repulsive

No one sleeps sitting straight up wearing a thick vest akin to a life vest

These sex stories aka fantasies are getting a bit out of hand in this thread
It's your word against hers.

I heard her story.

I believe it too.

Glad to see you defending Al Franken.

My wife and I will not be inviting you over for Thanksgiving.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Simple rule of thumb. If you wouldn't say or do it to your mother, daughter or grandmother, then don't do it.
The problem with people in power they feel entitled and above the every day rules the rest of us live by. I'm happy to see the mighty taken to task.
What I worry about are gold diggers jumping on the band wagon. It will absolutely undermine the credibility of the real victims.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
That's laying it on a bit thick, really. Treason? Really?

Why didn't this come out when he was originally running for a seat?

I'm not condoning his behavior, but this happened when he wasn't in politics.

There's been no history of this behavior from him as far as we know, unlike some other politicians. A lot of his female workers have even come out to say that he has never been less than a supportive gentleman when dealing with him.

He screwed up 12 years ago, yes.

A treasonous, rude, crude POS? Sounds like he should run for president if the current sitting POTUS is a reflection of acceptablity.
uhm..yes treason..it IS considered treason to threaten a sitting potus..it certainly is a felony

Quote:
air america's Al Franken (now a senator) joked about helping alqueada kill bush in 2004
so once he became a senator, did he apologize....nope, even though he was now a governmental figure.....he has no class
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies