Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 08:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

it seems that it all boils down to whether the people of Alabama are comfortable with a 32 year old man hanging with their 14 yr old daughter.

It appears that many of them are and they'll go to any measure to defend that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 08:47 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
I don't think HIllary ever rejected a KKK endorsement that she got. She was probably never even asked about it by the media .

I don't think any candidate has to reject an endorsement. The left wants Moore to reject an endorsement from KKK so they can have video of him talking about being endorsed by KKK. That's a political trap.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
FDR was praised by Obama and other Democrats in modern era. I never heard any GOP praise him.
100% true. Not sure what your point is

Quote:
Most people back in day in the racist south voted for FDR.
At the height of FDR's popularity, he won over 60% of the vote and 46 out of 48 states.

most people, regardless of race or historical back ground voted for him.

FDR won 86% of the vote in Alabama. By your own logic, they should have never voted for such a liberal D

Quote:
To suggest that white racists would vote for GOP today doesn't make much sense and obviously there is no white racist legislation being promoted by GOP.
We already went through this.

Quote:
I'm not trying to link the KKK with the modern Democratic party, only responding to the attempts by liberals to associate the KKK with the GOP today.
I understand what you are trying to do, but it is flawed.

I am fully capable of admitting their are black nationalist who identify as Democrats. it in no way defines me as a person or the Democratic Party.

Republicans are unable to admit the same. White nationalist may not run the Republican party, but they are voting for its members, and in some cases, running for office under its banner.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
I don't think HIllary ever rejected a KKK endorsement that she got. She was probably never even asked about it by the media .

I don't think any candidate has to reject an endorsement.
You should spend more time on the subject of the thread rather than deflection. you diminish your presence.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:

I don't think any candidate has to reject an endorsement. The left wants Moore to reject an endorsement from KKK so they can have video of him talking about being endorsed by KKK. That's a political trap.
Roy Moore decided that his religious beliefs matter more than the Constitution and individual freedom. His actions as the Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court are more than enough to disqualify him from ever holding elected office.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:53 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:

I don't think any candidate has to reject an endorsement.
Except of course that's wrong. There was a claim by someone in the KKK that he had endorsed Clinton but that was perceived by most reasonable people to be trolling on his part.

And it was in fact denounced by the Clinton campaign

Quote:
A month later, Quigg told Vocativ that he and other Klan members had contributed more than $20,000 to Clinton’s campaign. Clinton spokesman Josh Schwerin said at the time that the campaign had never received the contributions and that “We want no part of them or their money and vehemently reject their hateful agenda.â€
https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-thi...laborate-troll

Old 11-22-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
100% true. Not sure what your point is

At the height of FDR's popularity, he won over 60% of the vote and 46 out of 48 states.

most people, regardless of race or historical back ground voted for him.

FDR won 86% of the vote in Alabama. By your own logic, they should have never voted for such a liberal D

We already went through this.

I understand what you are trying to do, but it is flawed.

I am fully capable of admitting their are black nationalist who identify as Democrats. it in no way defines me as a person or the Democratic Party.

Republicans are unable to admit the same. White nationalist may not run the Republican party, but they are voting for its members, and in some cases, running for office under its banner.
There was virtually no GOP in the south. That's my point.. When the south was racist, it was for fiscal liberal politicians. The GOP is not fiscally liberal, yet I see liberals constantly rying to suggest KKK types are Republican voters.

In general, white racists were fans of the class envy rhetoric still used by Democratic party today.

Democrats try to hang their racist history on the GOP.

In 2000, Democrats ran the son of a man who filibustered the Civil Rights ACt of 1964, Al Gore. Prior to that they ran Bill Clinton, the protege of segregationist William FullBright. Prior to that they ran a southerner from rural Georgia in Jimmy Carter.

In contrast, the GOP has ran a bunch of politicians not from the south and no ties to the Old South politicians.

Also keep in mind that GOP is pro-Israel, and KKK types are very anti-Semitic. Trump's relationship with Israel has been much better than Obama's relationship, and so were past Republican presidents.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:02 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
There was virtually no GOP in the south. That's my point.. When the south was racist, it was for fiscal liberal politicians. The GOP is not fiscally liberal, yet I see liberals constantly rying to suggest KKK types are Republican voters.

In general, white racists were fans of the class envy rhetoric still used by Democratic party today.

In 2000, Democrats ran the son of a man who filibustered the Civil Rights ACt of 1964, Al Gore. Prior to that they ran Bill Clinton, the protege of segregationist William FullBright. Prior to that they ran a southerner from rural Georgia in Jimmy Carter.

In contrast, the GOP has ran a bunch of politicians not from the south and no ties to the Old South politicians.

Also keep in mind that GOP is pro-Israel, and KKK types are very anti-Semitic.
You're the one obsessed with history, the rest of us are dealing with the here and now.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:03 PM

I'm 'obsessed with history' because it doesn't make any sense racists switched to GOP yet you assert that is the case. I think it is racebaiting rhetoric.

If Robert Byrd, a former KKK guy didn't switch, why would racist Democrat voters in general switch.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
so in a One party system, you thought there was no in fighting ?????

So again, your argument is either everyone died and was immediately replaced LOL

Quote:
Not at all, we blame it on conservatives.

ideology not party.

Quote:
In 2000, Democrats ran the son of a man who filibustered the Civil Rights ACt of 1964, Al Gore. Prior to that they ran Bill Clinton, the protege of segregationist William FullBright.
Every single Southern Republican in congress voted against the CRA as well. So clearly it wasnt party that was the problem, it was ideology and geography.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies