Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 06:57 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times

Advertisements

Diversity and multiculturalism are used to weaken the dominant culture.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:03 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
America was founded upon diversity and multiculturalism. How could that possibly weaken America?

Old 11-29-2017, 07:05 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
What many of you people fail to realize is that American culture is a mix of many different cultures. There are influences from multiple European cultures, African cultures, Asian cultures, Latin American cultures, etc. etc... People that subscribe to conservative white identity politics tend to forget this when they're on their soap boxes preaching about the white man's burden...

Listen, America has always been diverse and America has always been multicultural. And guess what? There has always been a select group of people that don't like this...

Old 11-29-2017, 07:26 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
America was founded upon diversity and multiculturalism. How could that possibly weaken America?
It was? I could have sworn the original 13 colonies were mainly people who were almost all from different northern European countries (and mostly two islands) and who were almost all Protestant.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:39 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What is "your kind"?
that doesnt matter you can insert any '. ' that you made and it will still be the same

Old 11-29-2017, 07:59 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
that doesnt matter you can insert any '. ' that you made and it will still be the same
Let me guess. You refuse to give a straight answer.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:03 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I've never had any issues with diversity. Never bothered me. What does bother me is getting mistreated. Some of the worst bullying I dealt with didn't take place in a diverse crowd. It took place in homogeneous crowds, in situations where everyone was of the same race as me, or when I was the token Black guy (or one of the few Blacks). Diversity never caused problems for me. Bullies, of any ethnicity, have caused problems for me.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:36 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Apparently social engineering & the quota system has always been around as well.

Apparently it was alright when the social engineering resulted in the quota system requiring 100% white men as government representatives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Show us where that was an official government directive.

So as to not be obtuse, I will assume you are referring to personal discrimination against minorities in favor of whites.
NEWS FLASH - We are in 2017 and not controlled by the few southern states that had slavery and later segregation as a means of preventing blacks from achieving their desires.

The bottom line is that the quota system based on race was, is and will always be wrong. Whether it be a government mandate, or privately enforced.
Our constitutional republic was never perfect, nor will it ever be. However we have made great strides to live up to the ideals of the Founding Fathers vision for our future.

`
All I'm saying is the concept of 'social engineering' influencing how a community decides to 'do things' has been around for as long as individual people saw the benefit in banding together as a group rather than 'going it alone'.

In the present day, groups formed as 'theocracies' are likely the only ones that can assert they came into existence without some form of 'social engineering'.

As for the "official government directive" you've mentioned, it's called the US Constitution.

The "bottom line" is that we've always had a quota system based on race, gender, & religious affiliations. Some of our States' Constitutions still contain the same verbiage.

Neither I nor the founding fathers of the US claimed they had already formed a 'perfect union'. They desired to form a more perfect one. E Pluribus Unum.

Quote:
E pluribus unum (/ˈiː ˈpluːrɪbəs ˈuːnəm/; Latin: [ˈeː ˈpluːrɪbʊs ˈuːnũː])—Latin for "Out of many, one"[1][2] (alternatively translated as "One out of many"[3] or "One from many")[4] — is a 13-letter traditional motto of the United States of America, appearing on the Great Seal along with Annuit cœptis (Latin for "he approves the undertaking [lit. 'things undertaken']") and Novus ordo seclorum (Latin for "New order of the ages"), and adopted by an Act of Congress in 1782.[2] Never codified by law, E Pluribus Unum was considered a de facto motto of the United States[5] until 1956 when the United States Congress passed an act (H. J. Resolution 396), adopting "In God We Trust" as the official motto.[6]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_pluribus_unum

Old 11-30-2017, 06:16 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
In the past, diversity people were considered citizens or not? That is the question? Native Americans, Mexicans, African Americans how were they treated? Diversity existed but still did not in one way or the other as those people were pushed aside to the fringes. Now we have Asian immigration also which was not there in the past.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:17 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post

We did however form a melting pot through assimilation with an identifying culture and language. That is being diluted today by too much immigration both legal and illegal and it occurring at a rapid pace. "Immigrants" are colonizing rather than assimilating into the melting pot today. Not the same as when we were founded and as earlier generations did. Assimilation isn't encouraged today but being openly different and retaining one's native culture and language out in mainstream is instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies