Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 05:46 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
This...

"Almost everyone who visits me asks what’s wrong with this place. Portland is a prosperous, high-tech Pacific Rim city, so why does it have so many street people? Is something uniquely the matter with the city? Not necessarily. But Portland is a better place to be homeless than most American cities. The weather is mild, the citizens are generous—Portlanders spend millions yearly in private donations and tax dollars trying to help the homeless—and public officials are blocked by the courts from regulating vagrancy in ways that are routine elsewhere. Some homeless actually move to Portland from other cities. Homelessness is so visible here that it has encouraged not only expansive nonprofit relief efforts, some of which seem to be doing real good, but also, in at least one case, an innovative approach that may truly ease the problem—and that other cities might consider adopting."

https://www.city-journal.org/html/po...nge-14185.html
Still don't know what this has to do with "liberals." Are you saying that conservatives lack compassion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 05:49 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Still don't know what this has to do with "liberals." Are you saying that conservatives lack compassion?
Conservatives know what feeding feral cats ends up doing.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Conservatives know what feeding feral cats ends up doing.
still flawed logic since we are talking about the very existence.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:43 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You liberals are the ones who talk about how great Portland and Seattle are. You might want to check your hypocrisy before you post again.
Have never been to Portland or Seattle so I really can't comment. However the description by the OP did not sound like paradise to me. My comment was not hypocritical. Again, another rightie does not seem to know their word definitions. My suggestion about checking with Webster's would apply to you as well.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:50 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I know liberals aren't stupid, so obviously you're just being obtuse.

Or maybe not

Well anyway, Portland is as liberal and PC as it gets. I hope you libs the fruits of your generosity

Old 11-27-2017, 10:13 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
still flawed logic since we are talking about the very existence.
"People would rather be homeless in a liberal city than employed in a conservative city, checkmate liberals!"

Old 11-27-2017, 10:27 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
"People would rather be homeless in a liberal city than employed in a conservative city, checkmate liberals!"
Mississippi has the worst unemployment rate. That's why they are the poorest state

Old 11-27-2017, 11:41 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
LMAO at " liberal paradise"! So what is a " conservative paradise"? Social and economic Darwinism, where everyone is wrapped up in the flag, Bible in one hand, gun in The other, while they all rail on " those damn hippies" and blame everything on Obama, blacks, immigrants. Or maybe Oklahoma where EVERY county is dark red. Oklahoma is a hellhole, so I'm pretty sure any conservative paradise is just as bad, except for the wealthiest, who worship at the Altar of Trump. Sounds heavenly!

Old 11-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
This has nothing to do with employment.

we are are talking about homeless people.

the closest large city to me is only about 200,000 people. There isnt much when you are talking about Homeless services. If you are homeless, why would you live here with 100 degree summers when you could live in Portland in a shelter ?

Old 11-28-2017, 01:29 AM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Liberals only pretend to care about the homeless, but they really can't stand them either. Deep down they know people generally don't become homeless through no fault of their own, discounting mental illness. They are usually drunks, addicts, made horrible choices concerning BFs/GFs/wives/husband's or simply ****ed away 13 years of free.education.
They're not really liberal, but they are Democrats. Being truly Liberal you would help the down trodden and people in need. I don't know what these people are but they are not liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies