Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 11:58 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Was this just a bait and switch to promote the WH?

The only hate in sight appears to be emanating from the OP and the WH worshippers.
First lady Melania Trump trolled over White House Christmas decorations, outfit | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 12:04 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Alright. I get it now. Haters gotta hate. Even at Christmas.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:23 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Ok, marching orders were issued:

https://crooksandliars.com/2017/11/a...friends-claims

Old 11-30-2017, 12:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That comment reflects your assumption that they didn't like the photo--of their own decorating style.

I happen to find the stark, cold scene very artistic.
I totally agree- it's beautiful --- wintery, icy - lovely lighting -- and says NOTHING ABOUT CHRISTMAS....nothing about TRADITION....it doesn't speak to their theme or Christmas and blah blah and it is missing Melania's signature wreaths (that's a White House catch phrase and yes I'm mocking The White House not Melania -- not her fault again).

There would have been little room for mocking with the truly traditional Christmas tree, etc.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
So what conservatives are saying that Christmas is about Christmas ads with Christmas themese.

Oh - -that's so important -- someone alert their pastors please to remind people that true Christians love Christmas ads -- because that's what Christmas is all about.

Christmas is sales clerks saying Merry Christmas, businesses making sure they appeal to Christians....that's the true meaning of Christmas......

Boy -- my Catholic up bringing had it all wrong - who knew?

Old 11-30-2017, 01:01 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Fer goodness sake.

Will you people look up how the White House is decorated before spouting off political nonsense? Do ya'll really think the FLOTUS creates and hand hangs all the decorations herself? Leave the FLOTUS out of it. They pick the theme and show up when the work is being done.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:34 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I would think that Trumps staff and publicity teams would put Melania and Barron in the spotlight more often. Just seeing Melania in those pictures calmed me down and gave me good feelings about the White House.

But I guess Trump wants the spotlight for himself, or they want everyone nervous, hateful and upset (a "shock and awe" campaign so they can sneak by their supply side tax cuts and corporate deregulation while everyone is nervous and confused and has no idea whats going on.)

The sheer numbers of lies, flipflops, disrespects, attacks, racist statements, military threats, broken promises, false claims, and hateful remarks put out by Trump and his team is an impressive "shock and awe.")

(Trump and his team may be upsetting and confusing people on purpose.)
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ctrine-n714766
Funny part is that if we were all calmed down and not so focused on Washington, it would be easier for him to slip stuff under the radar.

I do agree that he wants the spotlight, though.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Well, by stubbornly refusing to follow a link to a conservative site, you missed all the pictures the Communications Director issued. As usual, the haters focus only on what they can ridicule.
Does it bother you that nobody's on here "hating" the White House Christmas decor?

Because, nobody really is, you know.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
What the hell are you talking about? The article was fine and the pictures were beautiful (both the decorations and Melania). Didn't read all the comments at the end of the article but the only negative comments I read were those insulting the previous FLOTUS and her decorating choices.

I give liberals a hard time for posting so much stupid crap on this site, but you do conservatives no favors posting crap like this. Get a grip.
Yeah... I agree (and I'm pretty liberal myself) that liberals can post some crap just as stupid as the stuff that some of the conservatives post on here (and elsewhere, for that matter), but this whole thing is a tempest in a teapot.

Pretty FLOTUS, lovely outfits, really nice Christmas decor, happy kids, and one hallway that made great memes.

LOL.

Nothing bad. All good. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Old 11-30-2017, 01:40 PM

Aw, hell. I thought it was something really awful.

Come on. This is public life. For everyone.

I think the hallway memes were kinda funny.

I also think that not everyone knows that the area around DC has a lot of black kids living in it.

So, yeah... some people on Twitter either monkeyed around with Photoshop (in such an innocent way, really) or made some comments about how it looked "staged."

The vast majority of people on the internet seem to think it was perfectly fine and it was a nice little series of photos and video.

Eh. I really think this is reaching. I've heard far worse about decorations, first ladies, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies