Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2017, 11:10 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And yes your loved ones will be in more danger if you could magically deport all the illegal aliens.
Stop with the propaganda.

Your assertion is 100% false. SMH.

Illegal sympathizers put the interests of non-citizens above Americans. I really can't put into word what I think of them, without my account being suspended.

Traitors is about the most PC thing I can say about them.

Last edited by Colorado^; 12-04-2017 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 11:13 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
So now you're willing to admit he had to have "squeeze(d) off a round", and not just brushed the trigger when he picked up the gun? That's good progress. I doubt he meant to kill her, but even a five year old knows that a gun shoots when you pull the trigger, so I'm not buying the naïve bit. This should have been involuntary manslaughter.
He admitted to firing the gun. It would appear likely that he did so by operating the trigger. Whether he did it accidentally was decided by the jury. They decided it was accidental and not deliberate.

And one pulling an item out of an old t-shirt could easily activate a low force trigger.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:16 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Stop with the propaganda.

Your assertion statement is 100% false. SMH.

Illegal sympathizers put the interests of non-citizens above Americans. I really can't put into word what I think of them, without my account be suspended.

Traitors is about the most PC thing I say about them.
And again I am not responsible for the inability of the right wingers to understand basic statistics.

And the insults merely show the lack of understanding.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:35 AM

62,867 posts, read 29,103,656 times
How in the world would our lives be in more danger by deporting illegal aliens? That makes no sense at all. The more people there are the more crimes that will be committed especially since illegal aliens are criminals already and have no moral compass. Is there an award for the dumbest remarks made on City Data?

Old 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
And again I am not responsible for the inability of the right wingers to understand basic statistics.

And the insults merely show the lack of understanding.
Nice try, but I have an Bachelors degree in EE, so stats are walk in the park.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How in the world would our lives be in more danger by deporting illegal aliens? That makes no sense at all. The more people there are the more crimes that will be committed especially since illegal aliens are criminals already and have no moral compass. Is there an award for the dumbest remarks made on City Data?
Exactly. It's common sense - less people = less crime. Stat's don't even enter into the discussion.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:01 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Exactly. It's common sense - less people = less crime. Stat's don't even enter into the discussion.

And since we can not vet who is coming in illegally, then we don't know the percentage of violent criminals there are in that population. We KNOW there are some because we catch them committing crimes. Drug dealers, violent MS-13 gang members, and others.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:26 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
There is no credible evidence he stole the gun. And apparently the prosecutors don't think he did either. And it would be quite easy for one naive about guns to squeeze off a round without intending to do so. There are numerous reports of LEOs doing it and they are not gun naive. The jury debated all this for days and ending up deciding it was an accident.

And you are obviously right wing on a number of issues including guns.

Ye, I lean right on firearms issues and a few others, and left on some and one of the biggies I lean left on I refuse to discuss with anyone. So what? "No credible evidence he stole the gun?" The fact that he was in possession of it doesn't count? Ummm, lemme think about this: Gun was stolen. Varmint was in possession of said stolen gun. Just for the sake of discussion, say he actually did find the gun like he came to claim. ( If you believe that I have controlling interest in the Golden Gate Bridge I'll sell you cheap) He was still in possession of stolen federal property, and he made no attempt to even think about doing the right thing, like maybe finding a cop or going to a police station to turn it in.

Rather, he decided to take a little stroll and decided the pier was a good place to play with it. And he discharged a round, meaning he had to have had it out in plain sight of what had to have been a good size crowd of people, put his finger on the trigger and (knock me over with a feather) it went off.

At this point he had violated I don't know how many laws, federal, state and especially municipal, and someone died because of his naïveite. And that is being kind and operating on the presumption you are that this was indeed "just an accident." He claimed he was aiming at a sea lion for Pete's sake! That's an accident?

The prosecutors decided to accept the version where this was indeed an accident. And the prosecutors are idiots. And twelve more idiots cut him loose. Meh, not really shocking that there were that many idiots available in San Francisco. I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around how anyone could defend someone in a situation like this.

Even seriously gun ignorant people still know that the trigger is what makes a gun go off. Had the creep in question here been a citizen and resident of SF, there wouldn't have been this caricature of a court proceeding. The prosecution would not have accepted an ignorance and idiocy defense. And that is as it should be, but this varmint is special. REALLY special. Yea...he's all kinds of "special."

Old 12-04-2017, 12:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Remember Kate Steinle

Old 12-04-2017, 01:02 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are plenty of accidental deaths by guns and accidental, not everyone gets punished. The fact that she was a white woman and he was here illegally put this on the front pages for months, the election just added more gasoline to the fire.
That's ridiculous. Someone is definitely at fault. San Francisco breaks the law with its sanctuary policy, so I'd say they are most culpable, seeing as they had this guy transferred up, then just let him go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies