Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 11:17 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Wouldn't a normal person be arrested for relieving themselves on the sidewalk in front of people...

Yet homeless are ignored. Filthy mentally ill people smelling like urine and feces, not practicing basic hygiene seems like they are a danger to themselves and spreading bacteria and disease to local population. I am aware some recent refugees practice the same type of poor hygiene and also nothing happens.

If you or I did it I am sure we would be arrested and charged with lewdness or disorderly conduct or something. We would probably be labeled sex offenders, lose our jobs and become homeless and then we could legally crap in the street.
I feel sorry for the business owner. when I lived in manhattan, the homeless used to crap in the grassy area where I walked my dog each day....yech. I understand her frustration. when republican mayor rudy Giuliani was elected he moved the homeless out by cracking down on vagrancy. where they went, I don't know. I understand from friends the crazy homeless are back again in manhattan in droves under the present progressive city mayor bill de blasio.

city government has some control over cracking down on vagrants. evidently, the citizens in san fran are mostly happy with the homeless situation in san fran or the voters would vote their progressive politicians out and vote in politicians who would get ride of them. let's not forget those same progressive politicians in san fran allowed at least one criminal illegal with multiple felonies, who eventually shot a woman dead with no repercussions, to remain in this sanctuary city, too.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-04-2017 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 11:27 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Wouldn't a normal person be arrested for relieving themselves on the sidewalk in front of people...

Yet homeless are ignored. Filthy mentally ill people smelling like urine and feces, not practicing basic hygiene seems like they are a danger to themselves and spreading bacteria and disease to local population. I am aware some recent refugees practice the same type of poor hygiene and also nothing happens.

If you or I did it I am sure we would be arrested and charged with lewdness or disorderly conduct or something. We would probably be labeled sex offenders, lose our jobs and become homeless and then we could legally crap in the street.
Yeah, ****ting themselves is their favorite pastime. It's not like there's a lack of facilities for the homeless to maintain even the most basic hygiene or anything.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:47 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
and people pay 4k a month for a studio apartment to live there?? Wooowwww.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:09 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yeah, ****ting themselves is their favorite pastime. It's not like there's a lack of facilities for the homeless to maintain even the most basic hygiene or anything.
The woman in the video looks like she may have infected sores, she looks sick. She shouldn't be on the street for her own sake and the sake of others. Some homeless do not look so bad off and they find places to do their business. Someone like this woman needs help.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:

Yeah, I agree with you, but the FACT is that you cannot strip them of their rights and institutionalize them right now unless there is an obvious imminent threat to themselves or others - homicidal or suicidal.

So we could spend gazillions of dollars on programs, free meds, beautiful buildings, etc, but we cannot currently force any of these people to avail themselves of these resources.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:15 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,273 times
another registered democrat puts out a brown growler in the city by the Bay........

Old 12-04-2017, 01:44 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
This has got nothing to do with liberalism. It all actually started with Ronald Reagan:
The Great Eliminator: How Ronald Reagan Made Homelessness Permanent - By - June 29, 2016 - SF Weekly

and has not improved since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uzZpHc9cME

I lived in the Bay area up until 3 years ago. The homeless issue was among one of the main reasons I left. That and the high crime. It's hard to think of a place with worse disparity of wealth than the Bay Area.
Working people can barely afford to live there. It's very hard to see it around you every day.
Most people I meet have a fantasy vision of what San Francisco is like. The reality of living there is very different to what people have in their minds eye.
I was born in Redwood City (Sequoia Hospital if it is still there) in the 1940's.

Born in California I am somewhat a rarity that I am a fifth generation Californian Tracing back to my great-great grandfather who jumped a Russian whaling ship in San Francisco Bay in 1846 two years before the gold rush. Both my mother and father were California born in the 1920's as were all my aunts and uncles. The entire family was California born living from Arcadia to Anaheim.

I lived in San Carlos, Menlo Park, Atherton (my grandfather was extremely wealthy but it is all gone now) and Santa Clara. I knew the bay area well and in the 50's and 60's it was a beautiful place to be a kid.

I remember when the El Camino was a two lane road between Sunnyvale and Santa Clara so that sort of dates me. Also remember when we purchased our first four bedroom/two bath home for $29,900 on Dundee Drive in Santa Clara... we were the first owners and the subdivision was known as The Bonnie Brae Sub-Division which was literally surrounded by pear orchards.

Fast forward to today and all my relatives have moved. We no longer have anyone living in the bay area and the only reason I went there last summer was to visit the graves of my parents at Alta Mesa Memorial Park. 75% of my family is buried there. Other than that I have no reason to ever go back because the place I lived as a kid no longer exists. The bay area has become a third world garbage pit.

Stayed a week in Oakland and if the world has a septic tank it's Oakland. I've lived in a deep south state and the bay area and if I had to pick one I'd take the deep south state.

Why Does California Have The Nation's Highest Poverty Rate?

Quote:
As averaged from 2013 to 2015, California had America’s 17th-highest poverty rate, 15 percent, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. But, by a newer, more comprehensive Census accounting, California’s true poverty rate is an eye-popping 20.6 percent—the highest in the nation.
A true liberal state.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
After the ACLU had them emptied out. And do we want it to be easy for the government, local, state, fed, whatever, to institutionalize people?
No, we don't. But people like this woman desperately need help - obviously she is not right. She's covered in sores, etc. We can't make her seek help but we could institutionalize her long enough to at least get somewhat healthy.

Quote:
The woman in the video looks like she may have infected sores, she looks sick. She shouldn't be on the street for her own sake and the sake of others. Some homeless do not look so bad off and they find places to do their business. Someone like this woman needs help.
Totally agree on this one.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:19 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
I can't wait until I go full blown hippie and quit my job San Fran looks like a sweet city to be homeless in. I'll find the richest persons yard possible and take a dump in it.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:38 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
I guess now we know why most people in that city are full of poo eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies