Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 10:53 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
The Palestinians have the political and cultural maturity of a toddler. They'll throw a tantrum when they don't get their way, then they'll get over it and focus on something else.
Again for the record...

Indians were considered "savages" when we the United States decided to take what was there's. Like who has the power and might over another, what has that got to do with the right or wrong of these actions by either party?

Old 12-09-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Israel is not an apartheid state. The Palestinian Arabs that stayed/remained in place in 1948 and their descendants are full Israeli citizens (just like the Jewish ones). There are Israeli Arabs that are members of the Israeli Parliament, diplomatic corp and IDF.

Again President Trump's declaration really doesn't change the situation in the Middle East as Jerusalem is the de facto capital of Israel, but the USA is still not allowing American citizens born in Jerusalem to list Israel as their country of birth and the US embassy is still not moving for at least a few years to Jerusalem. The only real change is that the USA will no longer be considered a neutral broker in the conflict.
Apparently you are not following the news too closely if you think there has been no real change. According to you perhaps, but others feel quite strongly that something significant has changed, obviously. Maybe not for Americans sitting comfortably in their living rooms watching what little they do from that part of the world, but for those protesting and fighting and even dying, there's more going on than they can again accept without strong protest. Weak though the protests may be compared to the overwhelming forces against them...

Old 12-09-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
My opinion, we spend way too much time and energy focusing on Israel. Let them work out a compromise directly with the Palestinians themselves. In no way can America be impartial. We have way too many elected officials that are Israeli firsters... These people put Israeli interests before American interests...
Far more than we realize. This is the very sad truth...

Old 12-09-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I didn't "contradict" myself. You appear to have a comprehension problem.. America can't be impartial in this conflict and we have elected officials that are Israeli firsters. Those are facts... If Israel didn't capture certain lands in a conflict and later occupy them illegally, it would be a no brainer what the world recognizes as their capital.

Regardless, the Israelis need to work this out directly with the UN and the Palestinians...
My compliments for trying to further explain yourself or defend yourself when really there should be no need, but some people prove themselves early on as far too uninformed, unreasonable, biased and short-sighted to see much past the length of his arm.

Hardly worth the time and consideration best I can tell...

Old 12-09-2017, 11:09 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Who cares? Not their country, stay out of Israels issues.
Umm, it’s not OUR country either...

Old 12-09-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You really need to read up on actual history as your claim is totally DEBUNKED by it. Of course I guess if one believes in revisionist history...

Try this: How Did the Land of Israel Become "Palestine"?
Needless to say, there is a great deal written about who has been in that part of the world going back many centuries, when the first use of the term "Palestinian" was used and why, along with all the rest, and all I can suggest to you is that you broaden your reading, because your one site hardly scratches the surface.

Me thinks you're the one with some history lessons still in need of learning...

PS: Not all revolves around who are "Palestinians" or why, or whether you think they exist or not. Just ask the people protesting over there what REALLY matters to them (for many decades now), and you might begin to get a better clue about much of this...

Old 12-09-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabazz310 View Post
i'm a student of history thank you... Nothing was debunked. What you're doing is posting one of the many opinions that are out there.. Regardless of what you think, the un prohibits occupying lands taken in war. America needs to stay out of this issue and let these two people and the un work on the solution... I don't have a dog in this fight but being biased towards israel while pretending to be an impartial mediator makes us look bad at the least...
At the least!

Old 12-09-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
[b]Perhaps you should reserve your judgment and think about this for once.
Your request is sadly far too much to ask of far too many Americans in America today...

Old 12-09-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What would the just thing be here?
Much has been written about the answer to your question, and the answer depends on many things, including who you ask...

If you mean today, simply put, what Trump has done (and prior US policy in this regard) is not just, right or intelligent. At a minimum, you don't needlessly stoke a fire that has already been burning and killing people for decades. You don't make the possibility for more or better peace all the more impossible!

Old 12-09-2017, 11:33 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
I'm a student of history thank you... Nothing was debunked. What you're doing is posting one of the many opinions that are out there.. Regardless of what you think, the UN prohibits occupying lands taken in war. America needs to stay out of this issue and let these two people and the UN work on the solution... I don't have a dog in this fight but being biased towards Israel while pretending to be an impartial mediator makes us look bad at the least...
no one outside the usa viewed america as being anything other than completely biased towards israel , all trump has done is put a bullet in the head of any pretense of neutrality

you know your dealing with a particular narrative when their are so many people who view obama as having been anti israel , obama was identical to every other president when it came to israel , he was unconditional in his backing , the only thing different was tone of discourse ( obama was good at toothless rhetoric ) , he never did a single thing which in any meaningful way blocked israel from land theft
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies